18:16, Mon 1 Jan
"What's clear is we need some players in"

eff off Wayne.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:18, Mon 1 Jan
Let me guess. Blamed everyone but himself like normal?
18:18, Mon 1 Jan
Just posted a quote in the sack or back thread about this, really worries me. The fact he's already spoken to "the owners" and is coming out saying we need players is outrageous.

Under Eustace sure, a couple more big signings would've made us a force to be reckoned with. But there's no foundations for anything at the minute since that Plymouth game, that falls squarely on Rooney's shoulders.
18:19, Mon 1 Jan
Nikola Zigic

eff off Wayne.

He could sign 11 solid championship players and still not get results.
18:20, Mon 1 Jan
The fact we talk of a draw against the team in 18th as a high point of this regime says it all.
18:20, Mon 1 Jan
But we're sailing close to the FFP rules?
January is a lottery when trying to get players in, not much around and you can pay over the odds.

What is WR expecting when he says he wants players in?
18:21, Mon 1 Jan
I hope the board are asking him what his plan is to get more out of the current squad first, before they start signing players.
18:23, Mon 1 Jan
Having read that, it doesn’t read like someone who is getting sacked tomorrow unfortunately, which means I reckon we’re likely stuck with him until the end of Jan at least.
18:23, Mon 1 Jan
Novakainian
Nikola Zigic

eff off Wayne.

He could sign 11 solid championship players and still not get results.

He could sign 11 from the top six in the PL and still not get results.

Giving this guy money would be ridiculous. Get him gone today.
18:25, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
Having read that, it doesn’t read like someone who is getting sacked tomorrow unfortunately, which means I reckon we’re likely stuck with him until the end of Jan at least.

Called it weeks ago

He goes after the Albion game
18:26, Mon 1 Jan
We don’t even have a style of play. Getting new players in will not make a difference.
18:26, Mon 1 Jan
The Albion game isn’t till feb is it? So another month of this dross. I hope the owners brace themselves for some very toxic home atmospheres then
Tam
18:27, Mon 1 Jan
I think that, if they do back him, then he'll have until the end of February - otherwise it doesn't make much sense to back him in January.
Make Blues Great Again
18:29, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
I can understand the sentiment of backing him and trying new players in January, but i can’t see it working regardless of who he brings in, given most of the current lot don’t want to play for him and the fans have turned. I dread to think where we’ll be by the end of feb if he’s still our manager. Funny thing is it can still be salvaged if we bin him now.
18:32, Mon 1 Jan
Who would want to sign for Rooney right now if there were other options on the table?