OH, PLEASE, NO, NO, NO. DO NOT TRUST HIM TO BRING IN NEW PLAYERS, JUST GET RID ASAP !!!
He'll want to bring in a completely new squad, according to his comments, and sell any of our current decent youngsters, i e J J etc.

Leave that responsibility to the new manager to sort out.
18:32, Mon 1 Jan
e17blue
But we're sailing close to the FFP rules?
January is a lottery when trying to get players in, not much around and you can pay over the odds.

What is WR expecting when he says he wants players in?

getting his excsuses in. he can blame Gardner then for not getting players in even though we have no money to get players in. then he will get sacked and say the club wanted him to play no fear football and dig out under achieving players.
18:32, Mon 1 Jan
Do not allow him to bring anyone in and throw them under the bus too. Please.
18:34, Mon 1 Jan
Lekoland Windsor
Novakainian
Nikola Zigic
"What's clear is we need some players in"

eff off Wayne.

He could sign 11 solid championship players and still not get results.

He could sign 11 from the top six in the PL and still not get results.

Giving this guy money would be ridiculous. Get him gone today.

The whole point of a Director of Football and adopting an identity is that even if you change manager, the players can be utilized in roughly the same system. It won’t be WR picking and signing players (though obviously he will have some input).
18:35, Mon 1 Jan
WCW needs to be asked what makes him think he'll get a better set of performances out of new players when he's failed for 15 games and three months to get they current set to okay well?
The cold never bothered me anyway
Tam
18:37, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
I can understand the sentiment of backing him and trying new players in January, but i can’t see it working regardless of who he brings in, given most of the current lot don’t want to play for him and the fans have turned. I dread to think where we’ll be by the end of feb if he’s still our manager. Funny thing is it can still be salvaged if we bin him now.

Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that - it's not as if we've seen that the current squad can't perform better. It's just that, if they DO back him, they'll have to give him time to work with those players. Not sure it would be the right move, but they're obviously heavily invested in backing their choice of manager.
Make Blues Great Again
Bluenose27
The Albion game isn’t till feb is it? So another month of this dross. I hope the owners brace themselves for some very toxic home atmospheres then

Way too late, other sides are picking up now, just 6 above shedd Wednesday? What was the gap after the first baggies game?
Bluenose27
Having read that, it doesn’t read like someone who is getting sacked tomorrow unfortunately, which means I reckon we’re likely stuck with him until the end of Jan at least.

I'm sure he would have spoken to them weeks ago to discuss January targets. The goalposts have since moved, unfortunately.
Tam
Tam
I think that, if they do back him, then he'll have until the end of February - otherwise it doesn't make much sense to back him in January.

You're probably right

Are we going to have to go through weeks of toxic abuse until they see sense?

Looking at the fixtures we play Sheff W away in Feb...that could actually be his last game after they go above us in the table
18:38, Mon 1 Jan
Finchy
Bluenose27
The Albion game isn’t till feb is it? So another month of this dross. I hope the owners brace themselves for some very toxic home atmospheres then

Way too late, other sides are picking up now, just 6 above shedd Wednesday? What was the gap after the first baggies game?

If they win tonight, they've took 9 points out of us, in 15 games.
18:38, Mon 1 Jan
yeehaw
Lekoland Windsor
Novakainian
Nikola Zigic
"What's clear is we need some players in"

eff off Wayne.

He could sign 11 solid championship players and still not get results.

He could sign 11 from the top six in the PL and still not get results.

Giving this guy money would be ridiculous. Get him gone today.

The whole point of a Director of Football and adopting an identity is that even if you change manager, the players can be utilized in roughly the same system. It won’t be WR picking and signing players (though obviously he will have some input).

The only thing I'd point out is that WR was appointed as manager and not head coach, which is what you usually get in the setups you describe - see De Zerbi and Potter who were both head coaches.

Manager suggests WR has a far bigger say than De Zerbi does at Brighton.
18:41, Mon 1 Jan
Rooney coming out and saying we need players in doesn't exactly fall in well with Cook's comments about tempering fan expectations for January.

I believe Cook was playing it down so we can get a couple decent deals rather than flaunting that we have money to spend - but still, we're going to be scraping the barrel and not signing big season-changing players in January. This isn't underperformance of 1 or 2 players, it's of the whole squad. Not for lack of effort too. And that stems from the manager.

If anyone from the club is reading, though I highly doubt it, please for the love of God don't stick with him through Jan. Get rid, use the Jan funds to get a new boss in. Otherwise there's only one direction we're headed in, and I can't see a Rowett, Redknapp, Bowyer or Monk saviour this time around for some reason.
Tam
18:41, Mon 1 Jan
NouCamp
Tam
I think that, if they do back him, then he'll have until the end of February - otherwise it doesn't make much sense to back him in January.

You're probably right

Are we going to have to go through weeks of toxic abuse until they see sense?

Looking at the fixtures we play Sheff W away in Feb...that could actually be his last game after they go above us in the table

I wrote on another thread (or this one - I get confused!) that the abuse and ill feeling might actually do for him before results force the owner's hand. I don't know if that will be the case, obviously, and I hope it isn't, but when the crowd REALLY turns, that's usually the end. Of course, that normally coincides with poor results, but I do feel that the owners have got so much money and pride (for want of a better word) wrapped up in the decision to appoint Rooney, that they'll want to give it as long as possible.
Make Blues Great Again
18:43, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
He looks a beaten man in the BluesTV interview. Still taking 0 responsibility though.
18:44, Mon 1 Jan
David Xavis
He looks a beaten man in the BluesTV interview. Still taking 0 responsibility though.

Just watching it now and thought the exact same