19:08, Mon 1 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Good leaders don't act like this. They shoulder blame and only deflect praise onto their teams. He hasn't got the fundamental personality traits to be a leader.

I watched England play against Algeria in Cape Town. They were rightly booed off after a shocking performance and he mouthed off at the fans. Fans who'd paid a fortune to travel to South Africa expecting him and his mates to put a performance in.

Sack him.

This - he is not a leader he conssitently shows that he thinks he is above everyone else, compare that to JE who maintained we are in it togetehr type mentality :

1. Has never really engaged with the fans - not really acknowledging them in his first game showed that
2. At Plymouth he turned up surrounded by 4 minders and didn't acknowlege fans at all, despite the players walking through exactly the same area with no minders two minutes before
3. Throwing the players under the bus
4. Now saying players aren't good enough

Time to go Wayne and just play golf on your simulator
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:08, Mon 1 Jan
We didn't seem to be desperate for those players three months ago though.
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:15, Mon 1 Jan
Rooneys has made so many mistakes. Here is a list off the top of my head:-

- Changed to 4-3-3 when 4-2-3-1 suited the squad better.
- Criticses players in public during most post match interviews.
- Mentions we need new players after todays game. He may as well have said the current players are sh£$
- Says the players aren't fit enough.
- Insists on playing out from the back when its clear we the players can't do it.

I'm sure I'm missing lots feel free to add to my list.
19:17, Mon 1 Jan
BlueSteve

- Mentions we need new players after todays game. He may as well have said the current players are sh£$
- Insists on playing out from the back when its clear we the players can't do it.

Playing Sunjic right midfield.
Obviously he'd done his homework and watched numerous games of us
19:20, Mon 1 Jan
He came in and put Gary Fecking Gardner straight in to the starting lineup, that says it all.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:22, Mon 1 Jan
mjd2505
Rooney coming out and saying we need players in doesn't exactly fall in well with Cook's comments about tempering fan expectations for January.

I believe Cook was playing it down so we can get a couple decent deals rather than flaunting that we have money to spend - but still, we're going to be scraping the barrel and not signing big season-changing players in January. This isn't underperformance of 1 or 2 players, it's of the whole squad. Not for lack of effort too. And that stems from the manager.

If anyone from the club is reading, though I highly doubt it, please for the love of God don't stick with him through Jan. Get rid, use the Jan funds to get a new boss in. Otherwise there's only one direction we're headed in, and I can't see a Rowett, Redknapp, Bowyer or Monk saviour this time around for some reason.

Never mind those comments, 2 weeks ago Cook said the following:

“We've got great players. I always worry when everyone starts to look forward to the window. We've got some great players and they will get better. That's the commitment that the coaching staff are making, and the commitment that support staff are making.“
19:24, Mon 1 Jan
And other than James, I can’t make a case for any other player that has been improved by either Rooney or the coaches. If anything they’ve regressed rather than improved.
What I will say is that I never had Rooney down as a blame shifting bottle job.

Always saw him as a heart on sleeve bloke who called it as it was.

He's finished and he knows it. Sooner it's final the better
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
19:46, Mon 1 Jan
Both the interviews with Rooney and Sanderson looked painfully like two blokes who are thoroughly pissed off and don't really believe a word they've been told to say.
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:52, Mon 1 Jan
BlueSteve

Said he would have subbed the whole team off at half time, despite making zero half time subs.
19:55, Mon 1 Jan
Petebaldwin
mjd2505
Rooney coming out and saying we need players in doesn't exactly fall in well with Cook's comments about tempering fan expectations for January.

I believe Cook was playing it down so we can get a couple decent deals rather than flaunting that we have money to spend - but still, we're going to be scraping the barrel and not signing big season-changing players in January. This isn't underperformance of 1 or 2 players, it's of the whole squad. Not for lack of effort too. And that stems from the manager.

If anyone from the club is reading, though I highly doubt it, please for the love of God don't stick with him through Jan. Get rid, use the Jan funds to get a new boss in. Otherwise there's only one direction we're headed in, and I can't see a Rowett, Redknapp, Bowyer or Monk saviour this time around for some reason.

Never mind those comments, 2 weeks ago Cook said the following:

“We've got great players. I always worry when everyone starts to look forward to the window. We've got some great players and they will get better. That's the commitment that the coaching staff are making, and the commitment that support staff are making.“

That's the quote I was referring to, unreal isn't it? Cook better be seriously worrying that Rooney's looking forward to the window!!
19:56, Mon 1 Jan
What I will say is that I never had Rooney down as a blame shifting bottle job.

Always saw him as a heart on sleeve bloke who called it as it was.

He's finished and he knows it. Sooner it's final the better

No one likes an honest bastard.
19:58, Mon 1 Jan
TresorLuntala
BlueSteve

Said he would have subbed the whole team off at half time, despite making zero half time subs.

Today ?
Did he really ?
Needs checking !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:58, Mon 1 Jan
Mister Mutley
Whoever the manager we need a centre half and a centre forward.

Everyone on here is saying it but the manager can’t?

Only heard his interview on the blues channel. He used the collective and didn’t call out any individual.

Fair enough assessment I thought.

We need a midfielder to take the ball under pressure off the defence more than any other position, IMO. Regardless of who is in charge.
20:00, Mon 1 Jan
BlueSteve

Do these two not show that some of them actually are shit?