18:45, Mon 1 Jan
We are the only club in the Championship who have changed managers and not had
a new manager bounce.

Look at Millwall, Rotherham, Wednesday, Stoke, Bristol...

they have all had one with the same players.
18:45, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
I think your right. But I feel its just gone too far now. The fanbase have made their mind up so the moment something negative happens on the pitch the atmosphere will turn very toxic.
18:47, Mon 1 Jan
I think it’s already turned very toxic when our away support are chanting what they chanted. Swansea will be poisonous if he’s still in charge.
Tam
GBlue
We are the only club in the Championship who have changed managers and not had
a new manager bounce.

Look at Millwall, Rotherham, Wednesday, Stoke, Bristol...

they have all had one with the same players.

I think the problem is that, with the Huddersfield and WBA games and scorelines, we'd had the bounce, and unless he was going to hit new heights with this squad, there wasn't much chance of a bounce. I don't think that did Rooney any favours either - not that I'm defending his record.
Make Blues Great Again
Good leaders don't act like this. They shoulder blame and only deflect praise onto their teams. He hasn't got the fundamental personality traits to be a leader.

I watched England play against Algeria in Cape Town. They were rightly booed off after a shocking performance and he mouthed off at the fans. Fans who'd paid a fortune to travel to South Africa expecting him and his mates to put a performance in.

Sack him.
18:49, Mon 1 Jan
Very true as Gary Cook said we have a decent squad recently.
18:49, Mon 1 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Who would want to sign for Rooney right now if there were other options on the table?

Well, many, many on this forum believe footballers of all ilk will sign for the blues badge and brand….
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
18:51, Mon 1 Jan
mjd2505
David Xavis
He looks a beaten man in the BluesTV interview. Still taking 0 responsibility though.

Just watching it now and thought the exact same

I wonder if he'd watched the videos of the previous games, and said to Cook "you need a new 22 man squad to stop up" ?

I'd love to know how it all started. I'd like to think it was more a case of Two or Three players each transfer window for Three years, with a view to making the play offs.
18:51, Mon 1 Jan
Quite.

The drop off in performances, individually and as a team, has been shocking since he arrived.

If we were playing well but losing, a significant portion of the fan base would go with it.

But we aren't. We look awful, game after game.

The *big* question is possibly who is actually in charge of this new direction:

Is it WCW who's insisting that we play tactics and formation that doesn't suit the squad, or is he doing it at the instruction of those higher up in the club?
The cold never bothered me anyway
18:56, Mon 1 Jan
Cook said we had great players. Not the only very stupid thing he has said is it?
18:58, Mon 1 Jan
But ignoring Rooney’s ineptitude we do need new players, he is not wromg, not necessarily in Jan though.

A first choice goalie
Two central defenders
A midfielder who can pass the ball
A striker (well 2)

Our only position of strength at the moment is full back and defensive midfielder positions.
18:58, Mon 1 Jan
PRBlue
Cook said we had great players. Not the only very stupid thing he has said is it?

That's also true. Cook: "We have great players here". Rooney: "We need more quality players"
19:00, Mon 1 Jan
So cook should be thinking, perhaps our manager is not very good.
PJ1
19:06, Mon 1 Jan
Good leaders don't act like this. They shoulder blame and only deflect praise onto their teams. He hasn't got the fundamental personality traits to be a leader.

I watched England play against Algeria in Cape Town. They were rightly booed off after a shocking performance and he mouthed off at the fans. Fans who'd paid a fortune to travel to South Africa expecting him and his mates to put a performance in.

I know JE's post match interviews were non-committal and "boring" but he was careful to protect the players in public at least hence the respect they gave him and it was one of the reasons they were over-achieving. Rooney is the complete opposite, is it any wonder they aren't gelling?

Sack him.
"Too many protest singers, not enough protest songs"
19:06, Mon 1 Jan
Whoever the manager we need a centre half and a centre forward.

Everyone on here is saying it but the manager can’t?

Only heard his interview on the blues channel. He used the collective and didn’t call out any individual.

Fair enough assessment I thought.