13:05, Tue 2 Jan
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive after the sacking of manager Wayne Rooney

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
I wouldn't come back if I were him but it would great if he could return and be successful if only
to shut those up who said he wasn't doing a decent job because " we got a dodgy penalty v Wba"
and " lost 8 - 0 at Norwich ( sorry, it was 2-0) " despite 5 wins, 3 draws and unbeaten at home
13:14, Tue 2 Jan
Rags has just made a mess of his underwear reading that.

I’d be embarrassed if the club appointed Eustace.
I wouldn't come back if I were him but it would great if he could return and be successful if only
to shut those up who said he wasn't doing a decent job because " we got a dodgy penalty v Wba"
and " lost 8 - 0 at Norwich ( sorry, it was 2-0) " despite 5 wins, 3 draws and unbeaten at home

And if he can’t turn it around and we’re relegated it’ll shut up those who insisted he’d have us upper mid-table. Great plan 🫡
13:15, Tue 2 Jan
Of course he's open to it - nobody else wants him.
13:17, Tue 2 Jan
No thanks!
13:18, Tue 2 Jan
From an FFP perspective this does make sense. Plus the players know his style and won't take long to adapt back. But he must know this will be a short term reign.
13:19, Tue 2 Jan
But apparently he was going to walk into a premier league job?
13:21, Tue 2 Jan
BlueSteve
From an FFP perspective this does make sense. Plus the players know his style and won't take long to adapt back. But he must know this will be a short term reign.

These are my thoughts too. I think re-appointing Eustace would be a step backwards - you never go back to your ex. I wouldn't hate it, but it would be divisive still amongst the fans, and it would *have* to work, otherwise we will look really, really, really stupid.

That pressure has an impact on performances - and we had no pressure before the sacking of Eustace.
13:22, Tue 2 Jan
I liked Eustace but this would be comical

Won't happen
13:24, Tue 2 Jan
Moxley on Talk Sport says Eustace is still on the Blues payroll...
13:24, Tue 2 Jan
Come on, it’s obvious he’s Newcastle bound
QBBC2

And if he can’t turn it around and we’re relegated it’ll shut up those who insisted he’d have us upper mid-table. Great plan 🫡

Do the math(s)

We are only 7\8 points off mid table NOW. That's 2 wins and 1 or 2 draws more that JE would have had to have got
in those 15 games to be mid table. Even the most ardent anti JE fan would have to admit that would have been achievable
13:25, Tue 2 Jan
Haircut1000
Moxley on Talk Sport says Eustace is still on the Blues payroll...

He is, as will Rooney be.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
13:26, Tue 2 Jan
No way would Cook do that. He’d never admit to it being a mistake to get rid of JE and would be so embarrassed if he managed to turn things around