KC
13:29, Tue 2 Jan
If this season was a season of consolidation then probably best to have kept the continuity there with Eustace until the end of the season and then make the change when they supposedly would be at a point of releasing the unrequired out of contract players and spending at a higher level. Eustace was never going to be one to take us forward beyond the end of this season.
I wouldn't want this, but it would be marginally funnier than Rowett coming back for the meltdown on here.

Would enjoy seeing it.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
13:33, Tue 2 Jan
KC
It would be better and fairer for people to stop saying with such confidence what JEs potential was.

He did a good job and was still on his own development path. He was hampered with injuries yet still managed to get us into the top 6.

With backing in Jan nobody knows what he would have been able to achieve.

Let's just put him in a box called 'good', because he certainly is relative to the dross we've had in the last few years and leave it there.
13:35, Tue 2 Jan
Unless I've totally misread this article no where in it does JE state he wants to return? In fact there are no quotes from him at all!

Admittedly when I try to read the article it jumps all over the place with the adverts so I may have missed some crucial bits.
13:36, Tue 2 Jan
its all from this tweet [x.com]

dorsett probably spoke to him
Tilton Rifle
It would be better and fairer for people to stop saying with such confidence what JEs potential was.

He did a good job and was still on his own development path. He was hampered with injuries yet still managed to get us into the top 6.

With backing in Jan nobody knows what he would have been able to achieve.

Let's just put him in a box called 'good', because he certainly is relative to the dross we've had in the last few years and leave it there.

Agree, but many are as equally confident that he wouldn't even get us to mid table.
We are only 7\8 points from midtable NOW. To not be not midtable now under JE
he would have to had a worse 15 games than WR. That doesn't stack up to me

But yeah, best left now because we will never know
I just don't get the criticism of him. He loved working at Blues and did well. Wagner stated that his efforts in keeping us up, after we were the bookies fave to go down, meant that the deal went ahead.

If a new manager comes in and gets the team and fans united like JE did then he'll do for me Tom.
Yes , when Rooney was announced I was hoping he would succeed but I didn't see the need for calling Eustace a dvb or anything.

Onwards and upwards for us as a club and for both individuals as well.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
13:50, Tue 2 Jan
KC
If this season was a season of consolidation then probably best to have kept the continuity there with Eustace until the end of the season and then make the change when they supposedly would be at a point of releasing the unrequired out of contract players and spending at a higher level. Eustace was never going to be one to take us forward beyond the end of this season.

That would have been a sensible and pragmatic approach and seemed to be the preferred choice of many on here. Unfortunately Cook’s hubris and a series of unfortunate events effed that. All of the “ifs, buts and maybes” are (and always have been) irrelevant and unhelpful but are understandable. The anti-Rooneys can hold their heads high and revel in their perspicacity while the pro-Rooneys eat humble pie. Whoever comes in next has a hell of a job to do and will need to hit the ground running but will at least have less pressure from the fans from day one than Rooney had to deal with.

RIP Wayne

KRO
13:50, Tue 2 Jan
HackneyBlue
its all from this tweet [x.com]

dorsett probably spoke to him

Says he is open to speak to the people who sacked him yes to stand thee and go HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
13:51, Tue 2 Jan
He'll never be able to find time whilst also managing Ireland & Rangers.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
13:56, Tue 2 Jan
No thanks.
The cold never bothered me anyway
[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

"John Eustace open to sensational Birmingham City return after Wayne Rooney sacking".

Would have a LOT of respect for the board if they were to swallow their pride and actually bring him back tbh.
22:38, Tue 2 Jan
When they say ‘understands’, it means they ‘know’ nothing.
Otherwise, they’d report it as fact. I.e. They’ve had a conversation with Eustace and know he’s open to a return.
They can write what they have without any comeback at all and it gets clicks.
22:40, Tue 2 Jan
I’d respect them less if they went back. Never go back.