18:28, Tue 2 Jan
Didn't mean to come across as ageist:)

I believe Mowbray doesn't fit the profile. I am also told he doesn't fancy living in Midlands anymore.

Last week Warnock was on sky sports and it was clear to me his age has begun to catch up with him.

He should respectfully stay retired.
18:34, Tue 2 Jan
Think we are going to get Cooper if he gets offered enough money and they sell the project he will come. It's all good saying he's waiting for a prem job would he want to take on a struggling side and get relegated...
18:37, Tue 2 Jan
Charcy
Brad1875
Yep Marsch would be another one that could easily split the fanbase which is the last thing we need.

We need someone who knows the league, bring the fans together and finally get us competing in the top half of the table.

The fans have a responsibility to support whoever they choose this time. They got their wish for Rooney to be gone. People need some patience and to be 'supporters'.

Nope. Fans don't have a 'responsibility' to do anything, and any attempt to try and dictate a uniform way of 20,000 people behaving will be treated with the disdain it deserves. Fans can, should and will react however they wish to the product being served up.

If the happy clappers had their way, Rooney would still be in post, and Cook would be under no pressure to act. It was the match going fans - home and away - that ultimately did for Rooney. When the most loyal - the ticket buying, match going fans have had enough, they should be free to voice that, rather than be instructed to keep smiling and clapping like North Koreans
18:47, Tue 2 Jan
That was game one for you.

I hope the next manager doesn’t get treated like sh*t.
Remind me why you disappeared from posting for such a long time?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Mark Knight
Didn't mean to come across as ageist:)

I believe Mowbray doesn't fit the profile. I am also told he doesn't fancy living in Midlands anymore.

Last week Warnock was on sky sports and it was clear to me his age has begun to catch up with him.

He should respectfully stay retired.

Don't think Wazza, Asho and Shey-o lived in the midlands to be fair.
19:03, Tue 2 Jan
newblue

I never boo. I never abuse people at the game.

I leave early and sometimes dont go if it’s shit and I can’t be bothered.

What I will say about Rooney is that Cook absolutely stitched him up and set him up to a hiding for nothing. I never seen a new manager get such a lukewarm reaction than Rooney got walking out at home to Hull.

He needed results and performances immediately and failed on both fronts
19:07, Tue 2 Jan
From my understanding we either a) have somebody lined up already or b) didn’t know this was happening and there’s no plan in place at all.
19:07, Tue 2 Jan
I still think that Rooney’s appointment was a couple of week earlier than it was meant to be. The whole Instagram thing forced their hand a bit.
20:48, Tue 2 Jan
Iain_Gavin
QBBC2
Jesse Marsch
Lee Carsley
Steve Cooper*
Tony Mowbray

*unlikely to be persued

It's got Marsch written all over it.

Carsley doing some amazing work with the U21's - he's probably going to take over from Southgate though

I’ve got it in my head that Potter will take over from villa Gaz.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
Tam
20:51, Tue 2 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
I still think that Rooney’s appointment was a couple of week earlier than it was meant to be. The whole Instagram thing forced their hand a bit.

That's very believable, otherwise the timing of it was incredibly poor. I mean, it was poor anyway, but I'd like to at least think that they felt that they had no choice at that stage.
Make Blues Great Again
20:59, Tue 2 Jan
Tam
It was spoken about at the time. Had Kai Rooney not followed a bunch of Blues players Eustace probably wouldn’t have been binned quite so soon and the backlash and subsequent vitriol probably wouldn’t have been anywhere near as bad because JE would probably have lost almost as many games as Rooney did considering the fixtures. It may still not have worked with Rooney but he’d have been given more time by the fans and would at least have survived past the Jan transfer window. It’s a funny old game.
22:38, Tue 2 Jan
Iain_Gavin
newblue

I never boo. I never abuse people at the game.

I leave early and sometimes dont go if it’s shit and I can’t be bothered.

What I will say about Rooney is that Cook absolutely stitched him up and set him up to a hiding for nothing. I never seen a new manager get such a lukewarm reaction than Rooney got walking out at home to Hull.

He needed results and performances immediately and failed on both fronts

Fair enough. You’re right about the position he was put in, as was widely commented on at the time. Not going to drag over this anymore though, it’s been a poor chapter even for us in our recent history.