Everything points to Ralph H... except Ralph H
17:54, Tue 2 Jan
john_yuki
Hopefully not Marsch! If he can't be doing good in this division with the players and resources that Leeds have got then it's going to be a disaster with us!

Marsch never managed in the Championship. That was Bielsa.
17:56, Tue 2 Jan
Amy T
john_yuki
Hopefully not Marsch! If he can't be doing good in this division with the players and resources that Leeds have got then it's going to be a disaster with us!

Marsch never managed in the Championship. That was Bielsa.

Ah must've got my timeframe mixed up then. In that case I don't really know enough about him to say whether he's been good or bad at his previous clubs, however as others have pointed out, the Ted Lasso chants are going to become frustrating very quickly with him. With him being American I'm betting the owners are licking their lips.
17:58, Tue 2 Jan
Agree with you, i think Mowbray would do a good job until the end of the season, but I don't feel Knighthead will want to find another manager at the end of the season when they can get the appointment right now.
17:59, Tue 2 Jan
With Marsch is not that he’s American or that he hasn’t managed in the Champ, neither of those things mean anything to me, my instinct is just telling me that he’d be a bit of a car crash.

If he gets it, I’m on board, until which time he makes it impossible not to be, same as ever.
Happy Clapper
18:03, Tue 2 Jan
That shortlist is based on nothing.

Carsley not interested in club football currently.

Marsch’s agents have contacted the club and not heard a thing back - doesn’t sound they’re too interested at the moment.
18:04, Tue 2 Jan
I don’t want Carsley either. I couldn’t bear another tenure of “he gets us” or “he’s one of our own”
18:05, Tue 2 Jan
TinaTractor
That shortlist is based on nothing.

Carsley not interested in club football currently.

Marsch’s agents have contacted the club and not heard a thing back - doesn’t sound they’re too interested at the moment.

Where are you seeing the Marsch thing?
18:06, Tue 2 Jan
From speaking directly with them.
18:08, Tue 2 Jan
Brad1875
Yep Marsch would be another one that could easily split the fanbase which is the last thing we need.

We need someone who knows the league, bring the fans together and finally get us competing in the top half of the table.

The fans have a responsibility to support whoever they choose this time. They got their wish for Rooney to be gone. People need some patience and to be 'supporters'.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:10, Tue 2 Jan
Mark Knight
Agree with you, i think Mowbray would do a good job until the end of the season, but I don't feel Knighthead will want to find another manager at the end of the season when they can get the appointment right now.
Mowbray is 60. Far from finished in a few months. Hodgson is still managing and some want Warnock!
Tony Fantastico
18:10, Tue 2 Jan
Charcy
Brad1875
Yep Marsch would be another one that could easily split the fanbase which is the last thing we need.

We need someone who knows the league, bring the fans together and finally get us competing in the top half of the table.

The fans have a responsibility to support whoever they choose this time. They got their wish for Rooney to be gone. People need some patience and to be 'supporters'.
This
Tony Fantastico
18:11, Tue 2 Jan
I am not even remotely in the know or informed in anyway but 2 things seem self evident to me.

Firstly, the owners cannot afford another gamble, they need someone with a track record at this level and for me that takes Marsch out.

Secondly, as many have said, I would be surprised if this is not already done.

All of that points to Cooper for me.
18:13, Tue 2 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Mark Knight
Mowbray is 60. Far from finished in a few months. Hodgson is still managing and some want Warnock!

For me it's not his age, but his recently stints with teams. Does well, gets hopes right up then falls off. Doesn't get teams promoted anymore. Would hope he can prove us wrong but that's my logic for that, not his age.
18:15, Tue 2 Jan
I agree with your logic. Cooper is the only outstanding candidate. It'll either be him or a steady pair of hands to get us to the end of the season.

No other options make sense.