09:37, Thu 4 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
I’m suprised no one has mentioned Nigel clough yet his name normally gets thrown into the conversation when the jobs available

I mentioned him a lot pre Eustaceand was much mocked. He’s done a slow, steady job at Mansfield. That’s what he is, a steady Eddy. So at this point, no ta. I want whizzbangs

I always end up mentioning Clough, though this time I resisted it (until now).😂 I think a fair few of us still hold a romantic idea of being promoted and managed in the Prem by a successful Clough, but that ship has sailed, or probably been scraped by now. Though I hope he gets Mansfield up this year.
09:45, Thu 4 Jan
LondonAndy
Fat Buddha CBE
I’m suprised no one has mentioned Nigel clough yet his name normally gets thrown into the conversation when the jobs available

I mentioned him a lot pre Eustaceand was much mocked. He’s done a slow, steady job at Mansfield. That’s what he is, a steady Eddy. So at this point, no ta. I want whizzbangs

I always end up mentioning Clough, though this time I resisted it (until now).😂 I think a fair few of us still hold a romantic idea of being promoted and managed in the Prem by a successful Clough, but that ship has sailed, or probably been scraped by now. Though I hope he gets Mansfield up this year.

Been wishing we would take Keilor-Dunn off his hands
09:47, Thu 4 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE

It’s ridiculous, but I keep an eye out for Mansfields results and also hope they go up
09:55, Thu 4 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Fat Buddha CBE

It’s ridiculous, but I keep an eye out for Mansfields results and also hope they go up

I do the same, and it is ridiculous. The draw of old big 'ead lives on.
I mentioned Clough and Mowbray before we appointed Eustace. But I thought Karanka would be a steady hand and do well
Tony Fantastico
10:07, Thu 4 Jan
Yes, that was disappointing. I thought he’d get us playing. I did see Karanka a lot up here in the media though and he always came across as massively over sensitive and prickly. Not too big a problem when things are going well but….
10:16, Thu 4 Jan
QQ newblue

On the odd occasion that you come back to Brum do you feel like you’re travelling downhill?
10:18, Thu 4 Jan
Didn’t Karanka quit before one of the boro games and have to be talked back into staying by Gibson

He was always temperamental
10:20, Thu 4 Jan
yep, after promotion too, was on the verge of walking more than oncr
10:22, Thu 4 Jan
Thongs
QQ newblue

On the odd occasion that you come back to Brum do you feel like you’re travelling downhill?

I do actually 😁. I have a pretty good inner compass and travelling south always feels like a small gradient. And vice versa. It’s weird.

Blue Heaven - yes, Karanaka threw quite a few tantrums. I think Arteta and Emery have similar though less extreme similarities and are less noticed because they have done well.
10:23, Thu 4 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
I mentioned Clough and Mowbray before we appointed Eustace. But I thought Karanka would be a steady hand and do well

Yep, same. I thought he'd at least do "OK".