22:19, Wed 3 Jan
They won't go back to Rowett, can't see that myself. Mowbray would do a good job, but he's not the answer in the long term.
bluechip
I just don't know how I'd feel seeing Rowett back.. it's just.... strange

Underwhelmed and pissed off
22:20, Wed 3 Jan
the ferret
Fongs I fink you will combust if Rowett reappears.

Surely he would just do what he’s been telling everyone to do for the last 3 months, and just support the team
22:20, Wed 3 Jan
Iain_Gavin
Super Hans
At this point I’d take anything Moxley says about blues with a mountain of salt.

Wasn’t he the first to post about the Rooney sacking yesterday?

A broken clock and all that.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Maybe Rowett can finish what he started, what’s Dimmy Gray and John Toral upto?
These owners have got money and big plans so maybe Gary won’t flash his knickers at another club this time?

It’s all come full circle, crazy, only blues
22:22, Wed 3 Jan
It’s pretty common that people are brought into jobs on an interim basis, to provide some stability and know how. It wouldn’t be a bad thing if Tony Mowbray was appointed on this basis if he’s prepared to do it, he might not want to be. I think he’s bring organisation and get the team playing ok.
He’s a good man too. Rowett would bring a lot of unnecessary comment I think whatever we as individuals think of him, given the history with the club.

I guess we’ll know soon enough.
22:22, Wed 3 Jan
Iain_Gavin
the ferret
Fongs I fink you will combust if Rowett reappears.

Surely he would just do what he’s been telling everyone to do for the last 3 months, and just support the team
I’m sure he’ll be at Hull. I can’t wait for Saturday tbh. You going as well?
Tony Fantastico
22:23, Wed 3 Jan
Tarquin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
Stop gap written all over it

You’re assuming he knows?

He broke the Rooney exit story.

I don't think that was due to him knowing it first, not joking but the rumours were flying in the 20-30 minutes before he broke it.
Naturally disinclined to believe a word the twerp says but would be happy with Mowbray. I like his droll nature. Wouldn’t necessarily see him as short term either.

A concern would be a tendency for his teams to go on poor runs followed by good runs. I have no evidence for that statement, but I think I’m right.
22:26, Wed 3 Jan
As much as I don't want either of them, I really don't see it!
Although the Rooney appointment turned out to be a disaster, I can't see cook panicking and going for a stop gap appointment like that. They are still the people that come in at the start of the season with big ideas and huge ambition! Successful people don't crumble after the first hurdle. Give them a bit more credit than that. I'd like to think the time it's taking to appoint a new manager is because of making sure as best as possible it's the right appointment. Still doesn't make it a guaranteed winner, I know. But you've got to still be proactive and grap what you can....

I'll await the appointment of either mowbrey or rowett with egg on my face 🙄🍳
Not much of a story tbf, just says they’re high up on the shortlist.

Guess the only interesting bit is that they’ve spoken to Mowbray
Happy Clapper
22:28, Wed 3 Jan
El Mayor
Tarquin
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
Stop gap written all over it

You’re assuming he knows?

He broke the Rooney exit story.

I don't think that was due to him knowing it first, not joking but the rumours were flying in the 20-30 minutes before he broke it.

That down to the players texting everyone they knew to say he hadn’t turned up to training?
22:35, Wed 3 Jan
Social media..5pm its definitely Cooper..Then it's Marsch..Now its Rowett..I suppose it will be Carsley next..I'm just relived Roobey has gone and I hope Cole goes as well.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
Not Waving but Drowning
Cannot see it myself, too many rumours abound, first choice has to be Cooper.

Cooper also has to choose us. Which I don't think he will.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:39, Wed 3 Jan
Cattellroadcorner
Social media..5pm its definitely Cooper..Then it's Marsch..Now its Rowett..I suppose it will be Carsley next..I'm just relived Roobey has gone and I hope Cole goes as well.

I would imagine the indignity of putting out the cones for Steve Spooner will be too much for him