22:38, Fri 5 Jan
He was known as a gaffe machine at City….the stuff with Onuhua’s mom was equal parts disgusting and braindead to send the email with her ccd in. The fact he’s participated in both Saudi and Abu Dhabi sportswashing is another reflection on the sort of morals he has. If you actually look into the 115 charges that Man City have, some of the most serious - criminal allegations - are with him as CEO - that could come back to bite him big time.

The whole Eustace out - Rooney in was seen by most - and subsequently proven - as a shambolic decision, that he somehow made worse with the kicking to JE on the way out, and the “no fear” stuff he burdened Rooney with

HOWEVER

His job as CEO here is so much more than the Men’s 1st team. He is overhauling every aspect of the club, and looks like he is involved at a granular level on everything. He looks like the sort of bloke who can motivate and manage his people, and get everyone pulling in the right direction. He’s clearly a well connected, commercially astute businessman who we are lucky to have overseeing this revolution off the pitch. The women’s team, the academy, the community stuff is all vital for any business, and it has long been neglected. I can’t think of anyone better to be leading us in all those areas

My only wish is that he doesn’t insert himself into Men’s 1st team issues. He has a Sporting Director to run the day to day football operations - if he isn’t up to it, replace him with someone who is. Unilaterally binning a manager and replacing him - without a proper process - with someone he is closely linked to - should be a one off never to be repeated
22:54, Fri 5 Jan
Who says that he "unilaterally" got rid of the previous manager?

I understand others were most definitely involved in that decision.
23:20, Fri 5 Jan
Everything I've read suggests it was a Garry Cook decision. He was being touted round with Rooney's' agent as a 'dream team' boardroom by Chris Kirchner when he tried to buy Derby and Preston, so the personal link to Rooney, and the fact that it was a coronation rather than a proper process stunk at the time, and has proved to stink even worse 3 months later.

Who else at the club wanted Eustace out?
23:25, Fri 5 Jan
yep does smell ..great point
Garry Cook should take a step back and send Craig Gardner forward as patsy for the near future.

Knighthead can & will give both the chop when the time is right and im sure that will bring on a whole new world of pain.
23:52, Fri 5 Jan
So, what your saying is the bloke who has been in charge of Air Jordan, Manchester City, The UFC, The Saudi League and now Blues. Must be some sort of bastarding moron who doesn't know a thing about the business side of sport. Because of a slip of the tounge 10 years ago.

How's your CV for comparison?

If Cook is doing or starts doing a bad job he'll be sacked off.

From what's being reported revenue is considerably higher at Blues that it has been for years.

I'd suggest you don't worry about shit you don't understand.
23:52, Fri 5 Jan
Eff me.
Up the feckin Blues
00:31, Sat 6 Jan
We’ve had it so lme proper shit CEO’s the last decade and a half. Give it a effing rest, cook
Is aeons above what we’ve had previously.

I swear to god some blues fans just want us to be in league one with fry and Brady back.
00:46, Sat 6 Jan
Birmingham Titty? No thank you, no circus in this town.

We want the swashbuckling all Europe conquering 70s and a side of Frank Worthington.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
00:49, Sat 6 Jan
He's a Blues fan. After all of the sh!t we've endured I'm stunned Blues fans are so quick to throw him under the bus. It's baffling
02:22, Sat 6 Jan
Yeah I got to admit that made me laugh. The Garry with two R’s.

He definitely deserves some stick but because he’s the ceo and frontman for the owners it will be overlooked.

I don’t think anyone is advocating for him to be sacked but it needs to be acknowledged without fear of being shouted down.

He effed up massively in the area he’s meant to be an expert in.
05:45, Sat 6 Jan
There are a lot of people advocating for him to be sacked. As Ian Gavain says above you don't have to like him personally or things that he has done in the past to appreciate what he brings to the role.

You can also criticise him for the Rooney decision and how Eustace's departure were handled, that's fair. So I don't really see how when you point out that the positives or that some people maybe going over the top is somehow 'shutting people down'or whatever.
06:36, Sat 6 Jan
It's bonkers, it's this pathetic world we live in these days where someone is sacked for one bad decision, there's uproar and wailing. Bore off.

I'd expect very few people on here know what it takes to be a good football CEO. Yeah he made a bad decision but look at all the positives.

Yeah let's sack him over the Rooney thing and then bring in someone far less capable to carry his job on. We sure showed him.

Everything is so extreme these days, it's exhausting.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
You're right it's boring as are the constant requirements to try and make people understand the new world we live in with blues. When you make changes and try something new you will inevitably everyone so often make a mistake. Rooney was a massive mistake, but you should be remembered not for the mistake but how you dealt with it. Whether it be Wagner or cook who pulled the trigger the mistake was revognised and dealt with. It now looks like we are getting a manager the vast majority of fans want. In five years time we will have forgotten Rooney was ever here.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
07:45, Sat 6 Jan
Everything I've read suggests it was a Garry Cook decision. He was being touted round with Rooney's' agent as a 'dream team' boardroom by Chris Kirchner when he tried to buy Derby and Preston, so the personal link to Rooney, and the fact that it was a coronation rather than a proper process stunk at the time, and has proved to stink even worse 3 months later.

Who else at the club wanted Eustace out?

Point us in the direction of everything you have read. Don’t include internet half wiits. Authoritative sources please. As for Onahuas mom. So what. Have you never took the piss out of someone that’s getting on your nerves?