Robert Hopkins
You're right it's boring as are the constant requirements to try and make people understand the new world we live in with blues. When you make changes and try something new you will inevitably everyone so often make a mistake. Rooney was a massive mistake, but you should be remembered not for the mistake but how you dealt with it. Whether it be Wagner or cook who pulled the trigger the mistake was revognised and dealt with. It now looks like we are getting a manager the vast majority of fans want. In five years time we will have forgotten Rooney was ever here.

It's actually bizarre - like some Blues fans are scared of the club being anything but bottom of the pile, the joke of the Midlands. So let's try and slag off and discredit anything that might be good about the club.
Up the feckin Blues
08:16, Sat 6 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Everything I've read suggests it was a Garry Cook decision. He was being touted round with Rooney's' agent as a 'dream team' boardroom by Chris Kirchner when he tried to buy Derby and Preston, so the personal link to Rooney, and the fact that it was a coronation rather than a proper process stunk at the time, and has proved to stink even worse 3 months later.

Who else at the club wanted Eustace out?

Point us in the direction of everything you have read. Don’t include internet half wiits. Authoritative sources please. As for Onahuas mom. So what. Have you never took the piss out of someone that’s getting on your nerves?

That ‘everything I’ve read’ suggests some sort of authority when there is in reality none. It could be one sentence from some ignoramus or the most authoritative document ever published.

I wonder if you will ge a response from your correspondent though. When he’s asked for a justification for some particular action, perhaps for example why he is picking on the comments of a child on the internet, his tactic is silence. From what I remember about his previous posts in relation to our CEO he had chosen to insert a letter ‘r’ into his name. When you have these views of someone’s character presumably they ought to be informed by something more than a personal dislike.

It does seem though if one fan of our club speculates on here about why there is such enthusiasm from another for sacking people at our club (if some people ran things they’d make Mike Ashley look model employers), or justification for the dislike tending to venom directed to people employed by it (at a time bizarrely when we should have more hope than we have had in decades), you are apparently ‘closing down debate’. On the contrary, I’d say give us some justification for the deep antipathy which to me seems completely out of proportion.
08:36, Sat 6 Jan
I don't see why he gets so much grief. His CV is very good and personally I think we're lucky to have him. From the interviews I've seen he's not my cup of tea at all, he seems fake and a bit like he tells people what they want to hear, that's not necessarily a bad thing but I've no doubt he's good at his job. As mentioned millions of times he got the whole Eustace/Rooney thing wrong or the timing and execution of it at least but hopefully he's learned from that.

Awaits the "Morning Gary" replies
09:24, Sat 6 Jan
Hey at least Sunderland have come in to take the ‘laughing stock’ crown we were allegedly carrying after the Rooney sacking
09:32, Sat 6 Jan
newblue
Fat Buddha CBE
Everything I've read suggests it was a Garry Cook decision. He was being touted round with Rooney's' agent as a 'dream team' boardroom by Chris Kirchner when he tried to buy Derby and Preston, so the personal link to Rooney, and the fact that it was a coronation rather than a proper process stunk at the time, and has proved to stink even worse 3 months later.

Who else at the club wanted Eustace out?

Point us in the direction of everything you have read. Don’t include internet half wiits. Authoritative sources please. As for Onahuas mom. So what. Have you never took the piss out of someone that’s getting on your nerves?

That ‘everything I’ve read’ suggests some sort of authority when there is in reality none. It could be one sentence from some ignoramus or the most authoritative document ever published.

I wonder if you will ge a response from your correspondent though. When he’s asked for a justification for some particular action, perhaps for example why he is picking on the comments of a child on the internet, his tactic is silence. From what I remember about his previous posts in relation to our CEO he had chosen to insert a letter ‘r’ into his name. When you have these views of someone’s character presumably they ought to be informed by something more than a personal dislike.

It does seem though if one fan of our club speculates on here about why there is such enthusiasm from another for sacking people at our club (if some people ran things they’d make Mike Ashley look model employers), or justification for the dislike tending to venom directed to people employed by it (at a time bizarrely when we should have more hope than we have had in decades), you are apparently ‘closing down debate’. On the contrary, I’d say give us some justification for the deep antipathy which to me seems completely out of proportion.

I've made the same observation as you, the extra R in Cooks name and the silences when challenged on his posts.
It's a wind up persona but not got a clue who's behind it as I can't be arsed with following name changes and double accounts, it's just all a bit weird and beyond my ken how anyone gets a kick out of that sort of carry on.
Up the feckin Blues
09:53, Sat 6 Jan
A lot of our fans can't embrace or get used to him talking us up, demanding better, aiming for world class.

We've talked ourselves down for years and there's a comfort in accepting yourself for who you are.

Ambition and a desire to be the best is what villa do, we're Blues, we're always shit, they always let you down, can't we go back to people pissing in our pocket on the terraces?

We can't expect to beat them, they've got parachute money. How can we compete with a premier league squad?

Gerrit forward, playing out from the back is so woke. As long as you try your best that's ok.

No more, we're going places and we've got people who are going to demand we do better.

Get on board or shut up.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Tam
10:00, Sat 6 Jan
Charcy
Birmingham Titty? No thank you, no circus in this town.

We want the swashbuckling all Europe conquering 70s and a side of Frank Worthington.

If that means promotion to the top division and staying there for the rest of the decade, a couple of cup semi finals, some entertaining football, crowds of over 30,000 and developing a couple of youngsters that break the British transfer record it's a start.

I suspect that they'll want to aim a bit higher than that though, so let's not try and get rid of them first.
Make Blues Great Again
10:07, Sat 6 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
As for Onahuas mom. So what. Have you never took the piss out of someone that’s getting on your nerves?

“Onuoha needed a new club but before he could focus on football, Cook’s leaked email to Dr Anthonia Onuoha, who was representing her son in a contract dispute, became public last September.

Cook initially denied sending the email, which was intended for City’s football administrator Brian Marwood, but resigned following an internal investigation.
The message read: “Ravaged with it!! . . . I don’t know how you sleep at night. You used to be such a nice man when I worked with you at Nike. G”.

She died from cancer the following year

To answer your question, I can honestly say I’ve never took the piss out of someone dying of cancer.
10:12, Sat 6 Jan
And as a reminder of what I said for the permanently-angry hard of reading brigade

His job as CEO here is so much more than the Men’s 1st team. He is overhauling every aspect of the club, and looks like he is involved at a granular level on everything. He looks like the sort of bloke who can motivate and manage his people, and get everyone pulling in the right direction. He’s clearly a well connected, commercially astute businessman who we are lucky to have overseeing this revolution off the pitch. The women’s team, the academy, the community stuff is all vital for any business, and it has long been neglected. I can’t think of anyone better to be leading us in all those areas
10:15, Sat 6 Jan
Robert Hopkins
It now looks like we are getting a manager the vast majority of fans want. In five years time we will have forgotten Rooney was ever here.

Yep, he made a mistake with Rooney, getting an experienced operator in like Mowbray instead of risks like Marsch or Carsley suggests hes learnt from it, he seems to be doing a good job elsewhere so lets move on.

I can’t see Knighthead letting him make the same mistake twice so no need to worry
10:17, Sat 6 Jan
HackneyBlue
Robert Hopkins
It now looks like we are getting a manager the vast majority of fans want. In five years time we will have forgotten Rooney was ever here.

Yep, he made a mistake with Rooney, getting an experienced operator in like Mowbray instead of risks like Marsch or Carsley suggests hes learnt from it, he seems to be doing a good job elsewhere so lets move on.

I can’t see Knighthead letting him make the same mistake twice so no need to worry

Yep - everyone makes a mistake. The calls for him to be sacked on the basis of it are ridiculous and knee jerk. It was the wrong decision, I’m sure privately if not publicly he knows it, and he will learn lessons.
10:21, Sat 6 Jan
personally I'd rather have Mr Cook than any of the other jokers we have had in the last decade or so , yeah the Rooney thing didn't work out , but i think we all understand the reasons why he was appointed and if things had worked out the other way it would have been lauded as a masterstroke .

I was never in favour of Rooney , but i never thought it would turn out the shambles it did either
10:27, Sat 6 Jan
I think Cook was either banking on Rooney being able to get this squad playing “no fear” dominating football (which was never going to happen) or more likely in my opinion he was hoping that even if results were crap, there wouldn’t be a backlash against Rooney. There were plenty on here saying that even if we were struggling Rooney would get the season which is what Cook was hoping - but always seemed fanciful to me
10:33, Sat 6 Jan
I agree with you HB.
It's clear that Cook needs to learn from the whole episode. He will.
In fact I'd go further. Maybe the hire and fire of Rooney is a blessing in disguise.
Knighthead's positive ambitions with Cook running the day to day operations won't have been halted. The early part of their route on a long journey has now been altered and it's cost more in fuel but the end goal remains.
We'll have a new driver at first team level soon who will navigate the first couple of years of the exciting trip.
But it's still all aboard if you embrace long term and positive change.
If not get out the fekkin road cos we're doing it anyway.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:36, Sat 6 Jan
Rooney would’ve been afforded more time if fans could see improvement. Morale on here and across social media largely improved over the Cardiff, Leicester and Plymouth run where we did play some nice stuff in spells.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.