11:01, Sun 14 Jan
Hope they get fined and deducted points. With the threat of ground closure if it happens again
Tony Fantastico
11:09, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
That’s fine.
But every club that suffers gives us a greater chance of success. I only care about Blues.
Not saying you don’t btw but I wish people cared as much about other people as they do sports clubs or people in sport

👏👏👏👏

Thank eff they beat us to Puscas.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:19, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Hope they get fined and deducted points. With the threat of ground closure if it happens again

I think this speaks very poorly of you Rab - you’ve let some fake tribalism blind you to the fact that they’re very much in danger of losing their club.

I’m going to be blunt that this very much could have been us. Reading’s owner is very close to Paul Suen and has connections to Mr King as well.

They went through the same motions as us; spending tons of money on players, selling their stadium off to dodge ffp before coming unstuck as they failed to get anywhere with the team.

Like we were, they’re now being subjected to death by a thousand cuts. They’re going through redundancies and because they didn’t have the same protections we did from the HKSE, they’ve had points deducted for non payment of wages etc.

They’re in the shit now cos as much as they’re protesting they’ve not got their owners backed into a corner and forced to sell as we did. There are people interested (as with us) and even the price has dropped, but without that extra pressure Dai is clinging on a potentially for nefarious reasons.

Yeah I get they’re a shit club and that many don’t like them. However their fate is indicative of the shit position football is in - and while it looks like we got out of our hole, we can’t be selfish and just say eff everyone else.
11:25, Sun 14 Jan
Fake tribalism is a very apt phrase for a lot of what passes as football fandom these days
11:25, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Hope they get fined and deducted points. With the threat of ground closure if it happens again.

So more people living in Reading will grow up supporting Chelsea, Arsenal or some other London Club.
11:36, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Hope they get fined and deducted points. With the threat of ground closure if it happens again.

So more people living in Reading will grow up supporting Chelsea, Arsenal or some other London Club.

This will sound horrid, and I’m sure it’s terrible for Reading fans and it’s good they’re demonstrating.

I…. Just struggle to care.

I don’t wish them liquidated or anything but I won’t feel sad if they were. I care about Blues, not Reading, and I certainly don’t care that future generations in Reading might turn into Chelsea fans.

This probably makes me a bastard, but whatever.
11:36, Sun 14 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Rab C Nesbitt

This will sound horrid, and I’m sure it’s terrible for Reading fans and it’s good they’re demonstrating.

I don’t wish them liquidated or anything but I won’t feel sad if they were. I care about Blues, not Reading, and I certainly don’t care that future generations in Reading might turn into Chelsea fans.

Did it bother you no one cared about us when we were in the shit?
11:37, Sun 14 Jan
El Mayor
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
....fecking nothing club, got the game abandoned, hope they get a big fine and another points deduction 😤

And yet, that could absolutely have been us.

I don’t get why people have this anger towards other teams when if it was us they’d be mad that others were not sympathetic to our plight.

Agreed though getting a game abandoned serves no useful purpose in my view.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
11:42, Sun 14 Jan
We and other football fans, the press etc wouldn't be talking about Reading if they hadn't gotten the game abandoned yesterday. So I get it.
11:43, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

I think this speaks very poorly of you Rab - you’ve let some fake tribalism blind you to the fact that they’re very much in danger of losing their club.

I’m going to be blunt that this very much could have been us. Reading’s owner is very close to Paul Suen and has connections to Mr King as well.

They went through the same motions as us; spending tons of money on players, selling their stadium off to dodge ffp before coming unstuck as they failed to get anywhere with the team.

Like we were, they’re now being subjected to death by a thousand cuts. They’re going through redundancies and because they didn’t have the same protections we did from the HKSE, they’ve had points deducted for non payment of wages etc.

They’re in the shit now cos as much as they’re protesting they’ve not got their owners backed into a corner and forced to sell as we did. There are people interested (as with us) and even the price has dropped, but without that extra pressure Dai is clinging on a potentially for nefarious reasons.

Yeah I get they’re a shit club and that many don’t like them. However their fate is indicative of the shit position football is in - and while it looks like we got out of our hole, we can’t be selfish and just say eff everyone else.

Like Reading or not, and I don’t, the fact is that all their fans would have been taken to their first game as nippers, wide eyed and full of excitement. Just like most of us, and they will be hurting now, just like we would. Tony would show compassion, so should we.

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Bobby Robson.
11:44, Sun 14 Jan
El Mayor
Tom TheProject Brady
Rab C Nesbitt

Other fans, no. Why should they. I reckon we’d have been fined, threatened with points deductions and ground closures if we’d have done it. So for consistency I want the same for them.
Same as I feel no sorrow for Everton and I felt none for us for breaking the rules remember
Tony Fantastico
11:44, Sun 14 Jan
coventrybluenose
El Mayor
Mr Miyagi and the X-Men
....fecking nothing club, got the game abandoned, hope they get a big fine and another points deduction 😤

And yet, that could absolutely have been us.

I don’t get why people have this anger towards other teams when if it was us they’d be mad that others were not sympathetic to our plight.

Agreed though getting a game abandoned serves no useful purpose in my view.

I agree with you to an extent as it’s an exercise in frustration and anger more than anything else - but it has got people talking about Reading.

But it’s like us - what were the useful things people did to help us in our situation exactly?
Fat Buddha CBE
Rab C Nesbitt

Like Reading or not, and I don’t, the fact is that all their fans would have been taken to their first game as nippers, wide eyed and full of excitement. Just like most of us, and they will be hurting now, just like we would. Tony would show compassion, so should we.

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Bobby Robson.

Lovely.
But if that club they fall in love with eff up. Shit happens that you have to deal with
Tony Fantastico
11:45, Sun 14 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Tom TheProject Brady
Rab C Nesbitt

Other fans, no. Why should they. I reckon we’d have been fined, threatened with points deductions and ground closures if we’d have done it. So for consistency I want the same for them.
Same as I feel no sorrow for Everton and I felt none for us for breaking the rules remember

As someone who is a staunch trade unionist that’s a shit way to think imo and I’m disappointed in you for it. Sorry.
11:45, Sun 14 Jan
Madeira Blue
Rab C Nesbitt

Or Blues
Tony Fantastico