I really don't get the dislike for Reading.

When I went there as a student in 1974 they were a 3rd sometimes 4th division club who played in a crap ground, uncovered at both ends and where bits regularly used to fall off the Kop-equivalent stand. A more shit version of Blues, in other words.

A succession of rubbish owners brought them to the verge of extinction, and Robert Maxwell tried to destroy them with a forced merger with Oxford Utd which was only prevented by supporter protests. Sounds a bit familiar?

Then they found a sugar daddy; somebody who promised to get them a state-of-the-art ground and take them to up the leagues playing no-fear football. Which he pretty much did, for a time. Exactly the scenario everybody here has been wetting themselves with excitement about for the last 6 months.

You all want to do what Reading did; why not admit it? ๐Ÿ˜
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
11:46, Sun 14 Jan
I think Reading fans should offer to pay something towards Port Vale fans travel costs. It's a long way from Stoke to Reading.

Apart from that good luck to them.
11:48, Sun 14 Jan
The EFL has previously recommended Dai be banned from all football activity for 12 months, but an independent disciplinary commission opted against enforcing it.

Protest group Sell Before We Dai had warned ahead of the match that a pitch invasion was likely.
Barking Poslethwaite
I really don't get the dislike for Reading.

When I went there as a student in 1974 they were a 3rd sometimes 4th division club who played in a crap ground, uncovered at both ends and where bits regularly used to fall off the Kop-equivalent stand. A more shit version of Blues, in other words.

A succession of rubbish owners brought them to the verge of extinction, and Robert Maxwell tried to destroy them with a forced merger with Oxford Utd which was only prevented by supporter protests. Sounds a bit familiar?

Then they found a sugar daddy; somebody who promised to get them a state-of-the-art ground and take them to up the leagues playing no-fear football. Which he pretty much did, for a time. Exactly the scenario everybody here has been wetting themselves with excitement about for the last 6 months.

You all want to do what Reading did; why not admit it? ๐Ÿ˜
Bugger them off to France would now be preferable
Tony Fantastico
Their unbearable fan base and this

11:52, Sun 14 Jan
I don't like the Madejski very much. It's a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere. Having said that Elm Park was pretty awful. Open terracing and portacabin toiletss. It had large puddles on the floor of uncertain liquid an hour before kick off as well. Delightful.

We did get promoted there in 2009. A tense and ultimately delightful afternoon. I've still got one of their posters.
11:53, Sun 14 Jan
Brownie summed them up nicely a few years ago.

[rowett.blogspot.com]
11:55, Sun 14 Jan
Ta ra

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
11:57, Sun 14 Jan
Tilton Rifle
Brownie summed them up nicely a few years ago.

[rowett.blogspot.com]
Haha ๐Ÿ‘
Tony Fantastico
11:58, Sun 14 Jan
He's a funny effer.

"Plump women with frizzy uncombed hair smiling vacuously in spectacles as they banged clapperboards. Idiots in jester hats clapping their hands with mundane glee. Kate and Wills masks."

Wonderful stuff.
12:00, Sun 14 Jan
Yeah and I remember a prick at Elm Park in the home end in a villa shirt giving it the biggun.

I quite liked it there though a few pubs behind the away end and good size terrace.
12:06, Sun 14 Jan
I have a soft spot for Reading , i was stationed there for 6 years and we did pre season training for them in 85 and after we had beast them around for a few weeks they won their first 13 games that season , and we got a pee up and a few free tickets for them , a certain Mr Martin Hicks wasn't so keen on the physical work though :-)
12:06, Sun 14 Jan
Heโ€™s great tbf,

I love the John merrick reference and the comment putting him โ€œrightโ€
12:15, Sun 14 Jan
YellowRivers
Theyโ€™re just a long-suffering fan base like many
No League club has had a longer suffering - formed in 1871 and zero major trophies.

Chesterfield will sort of take that back on promotion but whether the 1866 club is the same as the current one is a bit convoluted.
12:17, Sun 14 Jan
Yea, like going from the 19tb to 20th century.