20:21, Mon 15 Jan
yeehaw
It's good when it's good, terrible when it's not. You ordered the worst thing on the menu to be fair, though I'm partial to a Filet O'Fish now and then.

I have to say though, I miss UK Maccies. It's effing shoit most of the time over here. Burger King as well. Brilliant in the UK most of the time, but not sure how they stay open over here.

To make up for it, we've got Chick-Fil-A, Whataburger, In-N-Out, Cook Out, Golden Chick, Chicken Express, Popeyes... ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

?
20:33, Mon 15 Jan
tebily
You've paid £4 for a burger, what did you really expect?

It's rammed because it's cheap and it's fast, and above all else it's the easy reliably average option

I didn't expect a miniscule bun with something no bigger than a fish finger and what looked like Bostik glue.
20:36, Mon 15 Jan
McDonald's is shit. The chips, sorry fries are always cold/soggy and the carton half empty. I occasionally have one when it's my kids birthday but it's around £8 for a mcspicy chicken burger meal with milkshake now. I'd rather have a Chinese for the same price and it fills me up for longer.
20:39, Mon 15 Jan
Kumars Fashion Sense
Filet o fish is not a priority for them these days. Get yourself there for breakfast double sausage and egg McMuffin is world class.

Me and the neighbour have a Friday Breakfast club and take it in turns to go fetch a Maccies breakfast every other week, get it hand delivered to my desk if its his turn. The breakfasts are great, the normal stuff is pretty mediocre.
20:43, Mon 15 Jan
Thatโ€™s nothing,I went to KFC and asked for a leg and a wing,the buggers threw me out
20:44, Mon 15 Jan
Ask for your chips without salt, they will give you them fresh and then you add salt after.

Maccies chips are up there imo, though the new KFC ones are really good too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:50, Mon 15 Jan
It's so sad that we've trashed the earth to fuel our need for fast food. I've heard that beef farming contributes more to carbon emissions than all of the world's transport. Not to mention the destruction of the rainforest to grow crops to feed cattle. I thought the younger generation cared about the earth's future, obviously not.
20:50, Mon 15 Jan
I'm slightly proud that my daughter is almost six, and has only ever tried a maccies once (at a party) and turned her nose up at it.

She does like a pub lunch though, so swings and roundabouts.
The cold never bothered me anyway
21:03, Mon 15 Jan
thinwhiteduke
It's so sad that we've trashed the earth to fuel our need for fast food. I've heard that beef farming contributes more to carbon emissions than all of the world's transport. Not to mention the destruction of the rainforest to grow crops to feed cattle. I thought the younger generation cared about the earth's future, obviously not.

A lot of the cow farming isn't necessarily for fast food. They love a cheap steak in parts of the US and you also have an enormous dairy demand.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:09, Mon 15 Jan
Slightly Turbid
yeehaw
It's good when it's good, terrible when it's not. You ordered the worst thing on the menu to be fair, though I'm partial to a Filet O'Fish now and then.

I have to say though, I miss UK Maccies. It's effing shoit most of the time over here. Burger King as well. Brilliant in the UK most of the time, but not sure how they stay open over here.

To make up for it, we've got Chick-Fil-A, Whataburger, In-N-Out, Cook Out, Golden Chick, Chicken Express, Popeyes... ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

?

Cock out?
21:11, Mon 15 Jan
That's a fair comment, just my frustration that the planet will inevitably collapse a week before we lift our first Premier League title.
21:18, Mon 15 Jan
yeehaw

Oh sorry, I see now you bolded Cook Out.

It's the maddest fast food in America, you can get any greasy rubbish you can think of. Corndogs, chicken tenders, nuggets, onion rings all options as a side.

Linked Image

I love the chili cheeseburgers personally. 100 flavors of milkshakes. Coke and Cheerwine (a regional cherry cola) floats (they put soft serve ice-cream on top of the pop). Open til early hours. I pop in when walking back from the pub usually. The one near me has a massive spinning sign on a 100ft pole.

Linked Image

It's only in states in the South at the moment.
21:35, Mon 15 Jan
JayDee
Kumars Fashion Sense
Filet o fish is not a priority for them these days. Get yourself there for breakfast double sausage and egg McMuffin is world class.

Me and the neighbour have a Friday Breakfast club and take it in turns to go fetch a Maccies breakfast every other week, get it hand delivered to my desk if its his turn. The breakfasts are great, the normal stuff is pretty mediocre.

Maybe I will try them but the Filet o Fish was an absolute joke. A papery bun the size of a small drinks coaster, some white snot smothered on it and a square of fish for £4.19. I love a decent takeaway but that is just taking the piss.
21:38, Mon 15 Jan
The only time I've ever ordered a salad in America, they topped it with deep fried asparagus. I'd have a heart attack in 12 months if I lived there.