20:11, Sun 28 Jan
Istanblue
There will be a lot of claims for pay top-ups for "emotional distress" going into WMP tomorrow. A colleague who also serves in the Fire Service had coppers confirm to him when he challenged them that they turn up mob-handed to stand around like lemons at car crashes and fires because they get paid extra for the "distress".

I know, back in the day claims for whatever was unheard off. I hope loads of claims go into west brom. I am putting a claim in myself. I was distraught and terrified and had to seek medical attention when I saw that level of violence and civil unrest.
20:27, Sun 28 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Bordesley not Small Heath

'Disgraceful' scenes by modern standards but older fans would probably call this ' handbags'

Didn't seem that bad to me

In the 70,s the police would have either let them fight it out, it would stop soon enough or else let the dogs go in.

Nope

I do not understand your reply. I grew up next to someone who went on to be a policeman. Football duties were always overtime and the plod got paid a full shift. It was really sought after by the policemen because they loved overtime payments, but to get the gig you had to have a reputation as being an effing animal.

This isn't quite accurate - the favourite scam of WMP officers was to book the days of Derby matches off as soon as the fixtures were announced. That would leave the police short of officers to be on duty at derby games - so they then had to pay officers 4 x their rate to cancel their holidays and do overtime
20:30, Sun 28 Jan
Madeira Blue
Istanblue
There will be a lot of claims for pay top-ups for "emotional distress" going into WMP tomorrow. A colleague who also serves in the Fire Service had coppers confirm to him when he challenged them that they turn up mob-handed to stand around like lemons at car crashes and fires because they get paid extra for the "distress".

I know, back in the day claims for whatever was unheard off. I hope loads of claims go into west brom. I am putting a claim in myself. I was distraught and terrified and had to seek medical attention when I saw that level of violence and civil unrest.

I was distressed that Wxlvxs won.

Can I put in a claim?
20:36, Sun 28 Jan
Rags
Fat Buddha CBE
Bordesley not Small Heath

'Disgraceful' scenes by modern standards but older fans would probably call this ' handbags'

Didn't seem that bad to me

In the 70,s the police would have either let them fight it out, it would stop soon enough or else let the dogs go in.

Nope

I do not understand your reply. I grew up next to someone who went on to be a policeman. Football duties were always overtime and the plod got paid a full shift. It was really sought after by the policemen because they loved overtime payments, but to get the gig you had to have a reputation as being an effing animal.

This isn't quite accurate - the favourite scam of WMP officers was to book the days of Derby matches off as soon as the fixtures were announced. That would leave the police short of officers to be on duty at derby games - so they then had to pay officers 4 x their rate to cancel their holidays and do overtime

I am sure you are right Rags but as my six foot five inches neighbour insisted that unless you were a near psychopath you did not get the gig.
20:52, Sun 28 Jan
Gosh, it must have been a lot lot worse than people on here are saying ...

Number one story in the Mail ..... ahead of all the stabbings, killings, deaths etc that inevitably went on elsewhere in the country and the world

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
21:02, Sun 28 Jan
Rags
Gosh, it must have been a lot lot worse than people on here are saying ...

Number one story in the Mail ..... ahead of all the stabbings, killings, deaths etc that inevitably went on elsewhere in the country and the world

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Maybe because I am in a foreign country I cannot open any of your links but jesus christ why is this such a big story. Go out on a night out in the city centre and you will probably see more trouble than was at that game. It was handbags. It was nothing.
Linked Image
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
😁😁😁
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )