18:47, Sun 28 Jan
Let the dogs go in? Into a packed stand?

Blimey, it’s like the hunger games
18:52, Sun 28 Jan
Bordesley not Small Heath

'Disgraceful' scenes by modern standards but older fans would probably call this ' handbags'

Didn't seem that bad to me

In the 70,s the police would have either let them fight it out, it would stop soon enough or else let the dogs go in.

Nope
18:57, Sun 28 Jan
My Blue Heaven

In the 70's it was terraces not seated stands and anyone not involved in the fighting could easily move away. However when plod moved in the fighting nearly always stopped because plod then would lay in to people with truncheons, not like Today's plod.
18:59, Sun 28 Jan
All of this for one away fan in the home end, who the police already had hold of.

They’ll combust with the amount of us in their end next week.
19:00, Sun 28 Jan
I don't remember the 70s, but in the 80s some members of WMP would have joined in enthusiastically.

Only two arrests is something of a surprise. I presume it's policy not to arrest anyone involved in trouble at the game.
19:10, Sun 28 Jan
Sheep2
I don't remember the 70s, but in the 80s some members of WMP would have joined in enthusiastically.

Only two arrests is something of a surprise. I presume it's policy not to arrest anyone involved in trouble at the game.

Ties officers up. Easier to film it all, then nick them in their own time.

From the bits I've seen so far, it didn't look too serious. A lot of jumping/running about. I'm not convinced any Albion fans are going to sell their tickets to Wolves fans. More likely to be the area that players have gained tickets for, judging by the player getting the youngster out.
19:27, Sun 28 Jan
Seems a bit odd. Drag a few out and the rest calm down much quicker?
If you let everyone wander around roaring it takes a lot longer to get going again.

Surely there were enough police there that a few could be spared to arrest people?
Rather than standing around near the locked gates looking dramatic
19:36, Sun 28 Jan
Madeira Blue
My Blue Heaven

In the 70's it was terraces not seated stands and anyone not involved in the fighting could easily move away. However when plod moved in the fighting nearly always stopped because plod then would lay in to people with truncheons, not like Today's plod.
That’s exactly what they did do today after one of theirs had his helmet sent flying
Tony Fantastico
19:38, Sun 28 Jan
Yeah it’s letting dogs into stands that’s a bit hard to believe, as a common occurrence
19:40, Sun 28 Jan
666VAN
Sheep2

Ties officers up. Easier to film it all, then nick them in their own time.

From the bits I've seen so far, it didn't look too serious. A lot of jumping/running about. I'm not convinced any Albion fans are going to sell their tickets to Wolves fans. More likely to be the area that players have gained tickets for, judging by the player getting the youngster out.

Welsh police are often at midland derbies doing just that, they film it then run it through facial recognition.
19:47, Sun 28 Jan
Sheep2
Seems a bit odd. Drag a few out and the rest calm down much quicker?
If you let everyone wander around roaring it takes a lot longer to get going again.

Surely there were enough police there that a few could be spared to arrest people?
Rather than standing around near the locked gates looking dramatic

Nah they love inviting more fans to get involved so they can kick doors down in the weeks to come and boost figures
19:53, Sun 28 Jan
[www.bbc.co.uk]

I did notice that the worst violence ever ended with a grand total of 7 (seven) people actually prosecuted.

And one of those was for drug possession.
19:54, Sun 28 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Yeah it’s letting dogs into stands that’s a bit hard to believe, as a common occurrence
There were some ugly women there today tbf
Tony Fantastico
19:55, Sun 28 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Bordesley not Small Heath

'Disgraceful' scenes by modern standards but older fans would probably call this ' handbags'

Didn't seem that bad to me

In the 70,s the police would have either let them fight it out, it would stop soon enough or else let the dogs go in.

Nope

I do not understand your reply. I grew up next to someone who went on to be a policeman. Football duties were always overtime and the plod got paid a full shift. It was really sought after by the policemen because they loved overtime payments, but to get the gig you had to have a reputation as being an effing animal.
20:05, Sun 28 Jan
There will be a lot of claims for pay top-ups for "emotional distress" going into WMP tomorrow. A colleague who also serves in the Fire Service had coppers confirm to him when he challenged them that they turn up mob-handed to stand around like lemons at car crashes and fires because they get paid extra for the "distress".