10:48, Mon 29 Jan
Yep I know mate

They are the biggest mob about on match days
10:50, Mon 29 Jan
PS .. just in case anyone is still in doubt .... i don't like the sort of people who, generally, choose to support Villa.
10:53, Mon 29 Jan
A lot of the derbies which get mentioned are games between cities and towns where it is miles easier to police. You look at the Newcastle Sunderland game, all Newcastle fans were bussed in. Now you could so that for any of the Derbies in the Greater Birmingham conurbation, but that isnt going to stop trouble happening elsewhere in the city/towns in between.
10:56, Mon 29 Jan
My Blue Heaven
WMP antagonising everyone throughout

This plays a big part. They are provocative.

Not excusing some of the behaviour of the fans but some of us have seen first hand, wmp either pushing fans over from behind, coshing them over the head and arms If they are in a surge forward.

They really don’t, a cooper threatened to nick me for chatting to him whilst we were marched to the custard bowl a few years ago. Unbelievably uncalled for.

I have often wondered how South Yorkshire derbies go as their police are as aggressive/provoking if not more than WMP.
11:22, Mon 29 Jan
Squatnose
I think the hatred towards vile is greater than in any other rivalry because their fans are so arrogant, cocky, conceited, condescending, snide, over-confident, deluded, entitled, obsessed, unoriginal and were so obviously bullied at school.
come on dont hold back,say it as it is
11:23, Mon 29 Jan
Why would a barrel maker arrest you?
11:24, Mon 29 Jan
It’s a fair point, but once you’re in the stadium, it’s all fair game for any derby in theory - last two Blues/villa and WBA/Wolves have spilled over once in the ground.

Enjoying all this though, thanks
11:26, Mon 29 Jan
Rags
Saw a lot of chat on social media yesterday - some of it tongue-in-cheek - about how nobody does it better when it comes to aggro and Blues/villa/Wolves/WBA games, and it seems to be true. Even Sunderland-Newcastle proved to be more bark than bite.

Just interested in people’s theories, half-baked or otherwise, as to why the hatred seems more vicious here than other parts of the country. I’m sure people will point at other fierce derbies, but to my mind, none have spilled over in the same way they have here.

Go go go.

I'll stick to Villa/Blues

It's not a difference in which team you support.

Everton/Liverpool for example is Liverpudlians who support differwet teams (in my opinion) but are basically the same sort of people

.. and i don't know how it is in schools these days, or "out there in the real world" but when i was growing up in the late 60s and through the 70s there was a massive difference between the types of people who supported Blues and those that supported Villa.

Most of the people i know who support Villa have no connection even with the city of Birmingham. They are shallow, uncaring, selfish, plastic people who you would never want to rely on in a crisis. They are untrustworthy and flaky - and it is these bad qualities which THEN led them to support Villa.

The aren't generally c@nts because they support Villa ... they are c@nts anyway and therefore would never dream of supporting a team (Blues) who have largely struggled and under-achieved just because Blues are the more authentic club.

On that basis, my dislike and rivalry with Villa fans extends far beyond football and isn't because of football. It is because of the type of people they are, and by THAT nature they usually happen to be Villa fans.

95% are complete c@nts
spot on,
13:52, Mon 29 Jan
mad
mad
Brum being the youngest city in Europe possibly a factor?
Aside from Vile the other three clubs were all backwater doldrums status when the Premier League started so the 1980's type of fanbase became more embedded in the West Midlands
That and the satellite towns around the city all being quite territorial and also quite antagonistic towards the main city in the region, an attitude you don't really get in other regions
All 4 clubs probably have fewer middle class fans as a % of their overall fanbase compared to clubs in the other big cities

The non-league derbies in the area are often worse

And yes WMP will be a major factor, recall the game when Kevin Drinkell won it with the diving header. The 9,000 Blues at the Smethwick End were all to a man herded up the Brummie Road back into town. WMP maybe dropped a bollock yesterday?
Lies, I went back towards yamland with a spring in my step and stiffy in my pants
Tony Fantastico
13:55, Mon 29 Jan
TaylorJay84
Squatnose
I think the hatred towards vile is greater than in any other rivalry because their fans are so arrogant, cocky, conceited, condescending, snide, over-confident, deluded, entitled, obsessed, unoriginal and were so obviously bullied at school.

Lad I’ve become really good mates with the last few years is a massive Citeh fan.
We’ve had this chat about clubs and fans, in his opinion and mine to some degree, our fanbases have tasted being in the dull drums a lot.
Haha😂
That’s really cheered me up. Dull drums 😁
Cheers 👍
Tony Fantastico
15:04, Mon 29 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
mad
Brum being the youngest city in Europe possibly a factor?
Aside from Vile the other three clubs were all backwater doldrums status when the Premier League started so the 1980's type of fanbase became more embedded in the West Midlands
That and the satellite towns around the city all being quite territorial and also quite antagonistic towards the main city in the region, an attitude you don't really get in other regions
All 4 clubs probably have fewer middle class fans as a % of their overall fanbase compared to clubs in the other big cities

The non-league derbies in the area are often worse

And yes WMP will be a major factor, recall the game when Kevin Drinkell won it with the diving header. The 9,000 Blues at the Smethwick End were all to a man herded up the Brummie Road back into town. WMP maybe dropped a bollock yesterday?
Lies, I went back towards yamland with a spring in my step and stiffy in my pants

We were parked on the dual carriageway to Smethwick.
I am fairly confident I would remember if I had to walk in to town and back to get to the car.
15:05, Mon 29 Jan
😂
Tony Fantastico
15:09, Mon 29 Jan
Squatnose

That's why Albion, Wolves, Coventry, and also a lot of other fans around the country really hate the sh!t!
the king loves me
15:19, Mon 29 Jan
Casper
Squatnose

That's why Albion, Wolves, Coventry, and also a lot of other fans around the country really hate the sh!t!

Is there any fan base that actually like them?

I grew up thinking it was a us/West Brom v Villa/Wolves but Wolves don't seem to particularly like them either.

I can only think maybe some of the smaller teams like Walsall, Burton, Port Vale like them as they might loan a lot of youngsters from them but that's basically bribing them to like you.
Am I the only one who yesterday wasn't as bad as reported? If those few Wolves fans hadn't jumped up when they scored
the 2nd then it wouldn't have happened, just like nothing happened when they went 1-0 up because nobody jumped up that time. It wasn't as if Wolves had a mob\firm in the home end either. Total modern day football\life overreation....and no way did it warrant a 38 minute delay

As for it being like 'scenes from the 70s\80s' do me a favour