07:04, Thu 1 Feb
PJ1
1.8m

Ka-Ching
08:05, Thu 1 Feb
1.8m

Ka-Ching

Its also been reported by BTS fans 500 times. Do the 'impressions' on their feeds count towards our total as well? IDK.
08:31, Thu 1 Feb
Anyone ever heard any of their music?
I wonder if they're popular in N. Korea
08:38, Thu 1 Feb
They've done talk shows in the UK and US if you ever watch that kind of thing. One of them performed at the World Cup opening ceremony. They are very much mainstream.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
08:41, Thu 1 Feb
Could they do a version of Keep Right On for teams entrance music?
08:42, Thu 1 Feb
PJ1
Thinking this has done BTS's exposure levels a power of good, who'd have thought they'd have their own thread on lil ole SHA! There's some shrewd people running us now, not been able to say that for a while

I'm not sure BTS need much more exposure

40 million + albums sold - that's more than Bowie or Stevie Wonder
40 BILLION streams on Spotify alone

They aren't just "popular" .. they're pretty much a phenomenon

1.9 million views on that Blues thread now
Franks Project Hat
1.8m

Ka-Ching
Have we signed him as well?
09:00, Thu 1 Feb
Excellent
Ka-Ching

Another Korean signing?

There's still plenty of media impressions to be gained from this farce.

Apparently BTS are doing their military service, at the moment. I just watched about 10 seconds from one of their music vids with 1,8 billion views and their fans want it to hit 2 billion before the end of the weekend.
09:26, Thu 1 Feb
e17blue
Anyone ever heard any of their music?
I wonder if they're popular in N. Korea

They’re not my thing but I have heard them. I’ve also seen all the graffiti professing undying love outside their record company offices in Gangnam.
09:28, Thu 1 Feb
I do hope we walk out to one of their songs against Sunderland
09:31, Thu 1 Feb
BTS logo been likened to the Isuzu badge.

Think its funny as if all in the world people have to worry about is blues posting a twitter post like this.

But there again as others say ... keep it rolling $$$
09:35, Thu 1 Feb
Well I must live in a bunker or something similar as I’ve never heard of em either .. but if this makes blues money all well and good
09:55, Thu 1 Feb
b34blues
Well I must live in a bunker or something similar as I’ve never heard of em either ..
It's more a sign of how contemporary pop music has passed outside of the mainstream. This is Simon Cowell's fault. Even up to 1999 Top of the Pops ensured that even those with little interest got an indication, almost by osmosis, of what was happening. The Fix Factor model though shoved all that out in favour of the blando dando beigecore like Adull and Sheerboredom.

And with no mainstream outlet for contemporary music, it's become a niche within a small demographic.

E.g. these are the artists who had number 1 singles in 1973:

-Sweet
-Slade
-Donny Osmond
-Gilbert O'Sullivan
-Tony Orlando & Dawn
-Wizzard
-Suzi Quatro
-10cc
-Peters & Lee
-Glitter
-Simon Park Orchestra ("Eye Level", biggest selling instrumental ever, aka the Van der Valk theme)
-David Cassidy

All pretty familiar and well-known.

While this decade, Central Cee has been no. 1 for 10 weeks with one single and I doubt anyone here could hum it. Let alone the output of other number 1 hitmakers such as Don Toliver, Saint Jhn, Diane Guerrero, Gayle, or Billen Ted.
Billen Ted. Excellent, party on dude