Two words:
Che Adams.

Valued at roughly 6 Mil right now.
Throw the money at them.
He'd get disgusting numbers in this team IMO. The pace in service he'd receive would be crazy, sure he's not as rapid as he was in 18/19 but he's still pacey, strong, and most of all a proven striker with an eye for goal; all of these chances we're missing from inside the box; I reckon he's bagging 70% of.

Would he come back? Who knows.. He seemed to enjoy his time at Blues (I remember him bagging a pen and brazenly pointing to the floor multiple times, he wanted to stay at that point without a doubt), and we are obviously in a much better position owner-wise. I've heard he's being eyed for a return to the Prem, which I feel he may do well in upon his return, but I do think a strong presence in the summer window could lure old Che boy back.

If we brought him back, and sort out our defence/overall depth, I'd be over the moon with the window, and genuinely convinced I need to go to William Hill and tell them that Blues are on their wayyyyyyyyyyy
No chance.

Blues transfer strategy is about finding the next Che Adams. Che will be a premier league footballer next season whether Southampton go up or not.
Agreed man, we've definitely not had a striker of that calibre since.
6 Mil for him is very cheap IMO; I mean we sold him for about 15 I think?
Cheikh N’doye’s Ballon d’Or
Agreed man, we've definitely not had a striker of that calibre since.
6 Mil for him is very cheap IMO; I mean we sold him for about 15 I think?

We've received around £17.5m including addons.

(taken from my notes which I used in this piece [almajir.net] )
22:44, Sun 4 Feb
Ron Burgundy
No chance.

Blues transfer strategy is about finding the next Che Adams. Che will be a premier league footballer next season whether Southampton go up or not.

I think the summer is going to see us sign a good mix of proven/experienced players (like Pritchard), underperforming talents (like Dozzell), and hidden gems from primarily abroad (like Paik).

Gambling on strikers is very high risk. Someone posted a stat on here recently that something like 40% of Championship strikers signed in the January window don’t score for the rest of the season. So IMO, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t go for proven in this position.

Would Southampton ever sell him to us? If so, would it be at a price we could afford? Maybe. Depends what we are working with. If, for example, we have a “transfer fee budget” of 10m, I wouldn’t feel great about spending 6+ of that on one player, given the state of the squad overall.
22:51, Sun 4 Feb
I think we will spend more than six million pound on a striker in the summer and 8 figures on more than one.

It will be one of the top priorities and the money we free up on the wage bill will play a huge part.

Quote me if you like.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Not sure where you get your £6m valuation from, but if true this would be the only one of the 5 million bring them backs over the last however many years that I would agree to.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
22:55, Sun 4 Feb
Charcy
I think we will spend more than six million pound on a striker in the summer and 8 figures on more than one.

It will be one of the top priorities and the money we free up on the wage bill will play a huge part.

Quote me if you like.

I’m trying to temper my own expectations. If we are spending more than 25m on fees alone… gosh
22:56, Sun 4 Feb
I meant eight figures on more than one goal including the over 6 million one.

It's right to be lowering expectations as I was doing in the next three games thread.
For 6 million he would be a very good signing, I’m for it, would improve our team big time. I think he’ll have plenty of options though but worth going in for him.
Haha listen fella, I apologise for calling you a pessimist in the other thread, was just a bit rattled when you said we rarely had ever got 6/9 points in a row within the last decade when we had a straight 13 point run like the start of the season. Agree its best not to get over-zealous about certain things
Cheikh N’doye’s Ballon d’Or
Haha listen fella, I apologise for calling you a pessimist in the other thread, was just a bit rattled when you said we rarely had ever got 6/9 points in a row within the last decade when we had a straight 13 point run like the start of the season. Agree its best not to get over-zealous about certain things

All good.

I'm definitely not one of the pessimists though, I'm insufferably patient with Blues and our transition.
Would love it if we went in for Kevin Denkey from Cercle Brugge
23:33, Sun 4 Feb
Bhx
Ayase Ueda is one I'd be looking at. Hasn't played much for Feyenoord since signing for €8m but was banging them in in Belgium the season prior. Someone I know, who is a coach at Cercle, was convinced he would be the next big thing