One of those articles says contract up at end of season so not even £6m.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Cheikh N’doye’s Ballon d’Or

The 6 million price tag was due to him being out of contact in the summer. I would imagine Che will get offered a contract in the premiership in the summer
06:42, Mon 5 Feb
He will definitely go to the Premiership. I could see someone like West Ham taking him
Ron Burgundy
No chance.

Blues transfer strategy is about finding the next Che Adams. Che will be a premier league footballer next season whether Southampton go up or not.

I'm not convinced it's a hard black and white rule.

You don't get promoted quickly, which Knighthead want, without buying some established players.

Che is 27, at his peak and wouldn't command a transfer fee.

I have no idea what wage he'd command and if it's out of our range but I think you'll see us go for a couple of established and surprising players this summer.

Che probably has much better Prem offers.

We need 3 strikers anyway, so we need to get our finger out.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
07:31, Mon 5 Feb
Charcy
I think we will spend more than six million pound on a striker in the summer and 8 figures on more than one.

It will be one of the top priorities and the money we free up on the wage bill will play a huge part.

Quote me if you like.

North of £16m on two strikers? Christ I hope you're right.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
08:26, Mon 5 Feb
Juke's contribution to Che's goals should be considered. Juke as the target man, header down, Che runs on and scores.

It almost looked too easy for them at times. We don't really play that way now, so would he get as many goals?
08:36, Mon 5 Feb
25 goals in 124 games in the Prem, will clubs at that level really be looking to sign him?
What about his wages? He's going to command wages north of £30k a week and that's being conservative.
09:32, Mon 5 Feb
He will definitely go to the Premiership. I could see someone like West Ham taking him

Why isn't he in the Premier League now then? £6m isn't a lot to the club with the second highest average attendance in the country.
09:43, Mon 5 Feb
I'm pretty sure he was offered a new deal last summer by Southampton but didn't sign it in case they didn't get promoted this season. I'd be delighted to have him back but I don't think he is planning on being in the Championship next season.
09:51, Mon 5 Feb
Why are some so convinced che ends up in the premier league ?
He's got a pretty average goal return this season in a very very good saints team.
09:52, Mon 5 Feb
He’ll end up at a Wolves, Everton, Forest type
Happy Clapper
10:02, Mon 5 Feb
Le Mod
He’ll end up at a Wolves, Everton, Forest type

It seems likely, I think that is his level and wouldn't be surprised if he does stay at Southampton if/ when they go back up this summer.
10:16, Mon 5 Feb
Westbo90
Why are some so convinced che ends up in the premier league ?
He's got a pretty average goal return this season in a very very good saints team.

He did well enough in the Premier League for the teams around the bottom end to sign him. I think his record is around 25 goals and 15 assists in 100 games, which is pretty much on average at a bottom Prem team - Fulham spent £5m on Jimenez to be their first choice despite him being older and having a worse record over the previous 3 seasons for Wolves.
10:50, Mon 5 Feb
If I were him I'd be looking for a move to one of the newly promoted prem teams. At £6 million he won't be short of offers. Prem teams would blow us out of the water on wages too.