12:01, Mon 5 Feb
Robert Hopkins
One of those articles says contract up at end of season so not even £6m.

That's what I thought. Why would anyone offer Southampton £6m for an out of contract player.

I don't think he'd come to Blues anyway.
Whoever comes down/stays up will be able to offer him more than we can.
We aren't going to be offering £30-40,000 a week on a long term deal.

This is what happened before and why we have struggled so much with P&S.
12:21, Mon 5 Feb
Brad1875
Why are we constantly obsessed with bringing back ex managers and players

This is a new beginning, lets bring in some fresh faces for a new look Blues

Oh defiantly. I like Che Adams and wouldn't be against the idea of him coming back. But like you said we got to look forwards not backwards. I'm hoping for the recruitment to make smart signings, we been lacking an clinical striker and regular goalscorer for a while now, the kind of player that would make an differences from getting an draw/lost to a win with 3 points.
12:29, Mon 5 Feb
Got to let our recruitment team work it’s magic and find the next Che
12:37, Mon 5 Feb
My Blue Heaven
Got to let our recruitment team work it’s magic and find the next Che

with 6 months until it all kicks off again I would hope the targets are already identified , getting them might be the problem though
12:41, Mon 5 Feb
Shopping in a different shop now with a platinum card
13:19, Mon 5 Feb
We’re going to need a minimum of 3 strikers and 2 keepers before addressing other needs.

Two premium costing positions imo if you want quality, good luck to the recruitment team there going to need it.
13:21, Mon 5 Feb
Really think we'll go for Stansfield.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
13:23, Mon 5 Feb
we may go for him, but i really dont understand why Fulham would entertain letting him go for anything less than 20mil, maybe even more.

they will need him next year, they arguably need him now just paying 4mil to loan Broja for 5 months
14:18, Mon 5 Feb
Sheep2
Robert Hopkins

That's what I thought. Why would anyone offer Southampton £6m for an out of contract player.

Do Southampton definitely not have a years option on him in their favour?
Tony Fantastico
14:19, Mon 5 Feb
foghorn leghorn
how much would Whittaker at Plymouth go for?

He isn't ready for the prem yet. Start the bidding at 5 mil, offer him a Hogan sized wage and a fat goal bonus, Sell the project to him.

Plymouth paid 1 mil for him, so we might have to go up to 6-7 mil, but he is worth pursuing.
Lazio came him for him I think. Some on here think Stansfield is worth £25m, Whittaker wouldn’t go for much less
Tony Fantastico
14:20, Mon 5 Feb
i dont think hes worth that yet, i think fulham would ask for that for it to be worth selling him, there is a difference, they hold all the cards
14:25, Mon 5 Feb
As do most selling clubs.
Here’s a question. Who is the better player. The Che Adam’s who got us 20 odd goals in the season we sold him or Stansfield?
Tony Fantastico
14:25, Mon 5 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Sheep2
Robert Hopkins

Do Southampton definitely not have a years option on him in their favour?

No idea.
Also it might not be triggered.

I think we will be shopping more for potential, not experienced players.
Che would just be too expensive. We would want two plus players in for the sort of wages he is on.
He'd be a good option, but I just can't see it. There will be other clubs who can outbid us.
14:27, Mon 5 Feb
difficult to say right now with Che not playing much, i'd say Che was better at the point we sold him, but Stansfield has a higher ceiling
14:28, Mon 5 Feb
HackneyBlue
difficult to say right now with Che not playing much, i'd say Che was better at the point we sold him, but Stansfield has a higher ceiling
I did say the Che of the season we sold him
Tony Fantastico