12:15, Wed 21 Feb
I’m referring more to their fans really.

They hate rowett, sometimes understandably but it’s hard league and Millwall are a bit crap
12:17, Wed 21 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven
I don’t blame any club for wanting to be better if I’m honest but Millwall were already punching before they hired a PE teacher and expected miracles
Yeah that’s true, but Rowett never learns. His stow has a shelf life and he’s happy doing the same and getting a pay off. But his football is poor to watch. He’ll say and be backed up that his players can’t play better football. Rooney and Eustace said the same. Mowbray has shown you can tweak things immediately and play better football

Agreed but the difference is that we have much better technical footballers than Millwall.

Our players can do it to an extent as Mowbray has shown, Eustace didn't want them to do it and Rooney couldn't get them to do it despite them being capable.

Rowett was doing what he does best with a team of clogger shite. The reason clubs never learn is because they try and change style overnight without investment.
H

Consistently correct.
12:18, Wed 21 Feb
I think his football and style is just to be competitive and cautious. Looking at millwalls budget I don’t think they’d ever be a progressive side and get in top 7/8 with the players at their disposal so he tried to be pragmatic and shit house his way to it.

He’s just a decent championship manager, nothing more nothing less which is fine.

I was a bit surprised at milwalls fans attitude towards him as I think they were punching

Their squad is pretty average and they did well to be in with a sniff off the play offs last year

They fell apart against Blackburn
12:19, Wed 21 Feb
KingCostly
Isn't Harris known for playing really crap football as well?

I know a couple of Gillingham fans who were happy to get rid of him despite doing OK in the league.

He doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees at Cambridge either.

Massive desperation move from Millwall if true.
Yeah he’s very direct
Tony Fantastico
12:21, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven
I don’t blame any club for wanting to be better if I’m honest but Millwall were already punching before they hired a PE teacher and expected miracles
Yeah that’s true, but Rowett never learns. His stow has a shelf life and he’s happy doing the same and getting a pay off. But his football is poor to watch. He’ll say and be backed up that his players can’t play better football. Rooney and Eustace said the same. Mowbray has shown you can tweak things immediately and play better football

Agreed but the difference is that we have much better technical footballers than Millwall.

Our players can do it to an extent as Mowbray has shown, Eustace didn't want them to do it and Rooney couldn't get them to do it despite them being capable.

Rowett was doing what he does best with a team of clogger shite. The reason clubs never learn is because they try and change style overnight without investment.
They have players who can play more than they have. And he’s had how many windows to evolve. He just doesn’t
Tony Fantastico
12:22, Wed 21 Feb
The thing with Rowett though is that his whole setup is based around getting crap players to bring home points and whilst that’s obviously a good thing, he doesn’t build on it and improve the players. That means when you replace him and a new manager asks them to do anything else, results inevitably drop off.

You can view it as a positive for him to say clubs seem to fall apart when he leaves but at the same time, that means he’s not leaving the club in a better place than when he joined.
12:28, Wed 21 Feb
El Mayor
Binning Joe Edwards after 19 games.

Neil Harris to return apparently.

It's this season's trend in the Championship obviously.
Bin a manager off, then bin his replacement off almost immediately

It's good to see that Blues are setting the pace with this.
12:30, Wed 21 Feb
Wouldn’t be upset to never have to play them again if they went.

I told them and West Ham in the same dog poo bag.
12:32, Wed 21 Feb
I think that’s unfair, he certainly left us in a much better position than when he took over. I think he did Millwall too.

He’s an ok manger, he’s probably not a great coach that’s going to improve individuals but he’s definitely an organiser that gets the best out of a team . I think that’s his strength. I think like with lots of people there’s a limit to his ability and he’s not going to be the bloke to get teams up or improve a style of play. He’s more a Neil Warnock than a Mowbray
12:39, Wed 21 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven

They have players who can play more than they have. And he’s had how many windows to evolve. He just doesn’t

Has he had money though?

I know he doesn't, I'm agreeing with you, that's his tactic.

At Stoke he went in and wasted money, that was a poor job. At Millwall he's done about as well as anyone possibly could.
H

Consistently correct.
12:48, Wed 21 Feb
Fleming and Nisbet definitely cost over a million or more each. You don’t need much to improve the squad in this league.
And yeah he did well there results wise
Tony Fantastico
The Scots wanted in excess of 3 million for Nisbet didn’t they?
12:54, Wed 21 Feb
He was there quite a while. I don’t see any evidence he can get beyond low block/Nick a few football on the whole - which he’s very good at. Didn’t he have quite a lot of resource at Stoke but was found wanting?

Fink he still has a fair bit to prove.
13:04, Wed 21 Feb
Totally this. His style of play will get results, but not enough to get his teams out of the championship, or survive in the prem. He’s at best a mid table manager. No worries of relegation but his teams won’t be getting promoted either.
Fat Buddha CBE
The Scots wanted in excess of 3 million for Nisbet didn’t they?
I’d want more than that for me. They are haggis munching loons though
Tony Fantastico