21:22, Sun 17 Mar
He’s fine, young and playing in a side that hardly provides a stable base. Even the club, despite everything knjghthead have done, hardly provides a stable footing for players.

He will be ok, he’s just this seasons scapegoat we’ve always got to have one. He should not have been made the skipper but to me that tells you how devoid of leaders we are.
21:28, Sun 17 Mar
bruggeaway
Was there a reason why he didn't start Yesterday? Surely he starts over a makeshift centre back no?

The important thing was that we started with two other great centre backs so didn't miss him.

I especially liked how efficiently they cleared their lines. Oh wait
He's good, fans have some short memories. He's young and will have patchy form, we have no patience these days.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
22:28, Sun 17 Mar
Was there a reason why he didn't start Yesterday? Surely he starts over a makeshift centre back no?

Clearly not

Hopefully we can move him on in the summer or at least have him as 4th choice cover in the squad
KC
06:06, Mon 18 Mar
Never rated him.
10:06, Mon 18 Mar
Nikola Zigic
He's good, fans have some short memories. He's young and will have patchy form, we have no patience these days.

I'm certainly not "scapegoating" him since, as my posts in the past confirm, I have never rated him.

Particularly if, going forward, we are looking for CB's who are comfortable on the ball and remain calm under pressure.
10:24, Mon 18 Mar
bruggeaway

I genuinely thought they wanted to a) stick with a back four that had done okay vs Boro to maintain some consistency and b) not rush Sanderson back after injury having seen what happened to Marc Roberts.
10:30, Mon 18 Mar
Thought Sanderson was suspended not injured? Did he pick up a knock in training?
10:32, Mon 18 Mar
Tilton Rifle
Thought Sanderson was suspended not injured? Did he pick up a knock in training?

Yeah, you're right.

Still though, I think there is something in being consistent in fielding teams. I think we've filed nine separate centre half partnerships this season and it's not helped us.
10:35, Mon 18 Mar
I'd have brought him back in on the basis that I cannot stand having completely right footed players playing at left back. As well as Buchanan has done at CB (very well) having Drameh at LB leaves us so imbalanced in possession. Buchanan back to left back and Sanderson CB for me, Franksey
Happy Clapper
10:36, Mon 18 Mar
i'm curious as to why Laird didnt play there, who does have a left foot, when Drameh so obviously doesn't.
10:38, Mon 18 Mar
And me. I’d also start Drameh over Laird
10:48, Mon 18 Mar
Am I the only person on SHA who went to the game and thought we played quite well against Watford? Obviously apart from the error for the goal and our inability to finish anyway. I thought the defence and midfield were mostly solid and Drameh and Buchanan were good. Aiwu ok too. Maybe it's just that after Boro, some level of improvement is all I was looking for. So I wouldn't have changed a defence that was ok just because a player returns from suspension. Sanderson should prove he's better in training captain or no captain.
10:49, Mon 18 Mar
HackneyBlue
i'm curious as to why Laird didnt play there, who does have a left foot, when Drameh so obviously doesn't.

He has slightly more of a left foot but I still don't like him there either, round pegs in round holes for me, play your best last back at left back, we're very lopsided and it makes us easy to defend against
Happy Clapper
10:51, Mon 18 Mar
Yep, one of my pet hates too. Made even worse when we have James playing left wing who also comes back inside at every opportunity, leaves us incredibly lopsided.

I also agree with Dan that we need some consistency, not just in the back 4 but for the entire team. I understand there has been a lot of fixtures in a short space of time and injuries/suspensions have hampered us but I think it's really important we try and settle on our best team after the international break and give them a good run of games together to build some sort of momentum.

I'm not sure what the actual numbers are but it feels like we've made 4/5 changes to the starting XI in every game since Venus has taken over, it can't be helpful.