16:11, Mon 18 Mar
I'm sceptical of trusting some of these rumours/claims as there are a number of fans who absolutely hate him for some reason
Happy Clapper
16:15, Mon 18 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
Belgrade Blue
Mike YOU ESS AYY
Tilton Rifle
My Blue Heaven
He must’ve upset someone, cos it’s utterly stupid to play 3 fullbacks

I reckon you might be right. He's not just a centre half, he's the skipper.

He wasn't quite 100% fit - still on recovery so I was told.

That's my assumption
😁😁😁
Surely he is just not match fit. After 2 weeks training he will probably start v QPR.
16:17, Mon 18 Mar
He'd have been in every training session since his red card wouldn't he, Venus must prefer to have Buchanan there. I disagree with him mind.
Happy Clapper
16:55, Mon 18 Mar
Rags
Peakyblue
Am I the only person on SHA who went to the game and thought we played quite well against Watford? Obviously apart from the error for the goal and our inability to finish anyway. I thought the defence and midfield were mostly solid and Drameh and Buchanan were good. Aiwu ok too. Maybe it's just that after Boro, some level of improvement is all I was looking for. So I wouldn't have changed a defence that was ok just because a player returns from suspension. Sanderson should prove he's better in training captain or no captain.

I've just posted on another thread that I thought the performance against Watford was really decent.
Similar levels but with more composure in front of goal will see us over the line.
We got to hold our nerve !

It would help if we told Stansfield ... "yes, we appreciate you want to chase everywhere and tackle everything and run your balls off - abd we love you for it - but can you please be a bit lazier when playing sentre-forward and concentrate on being on the shoulder of the last defender and in the box on the odd occasions some fecker decides to cross it ?"

Yep, tell him (at least for the first half) to stay between the posts - don't go chasing the ball around the pitch.

Maybe if we need to take more risks in the 2nd half and have more attackers pushing up, then he can go roaming - and be less knackered for it.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
17:02, Mon 18 Mar
You must have seen how poor Sanderson has been basically since the ink dried on his contract we gave him a chance when non of the other teams he went on loan to did not and sent him back to Wolves who really had us over .
17:08, Mon 18 Mar
Louie Donowa
Rags
Peakyblue
Am I the only person on SHA who went to the game and thought we played quite well against Watford? Obviously apart from the error for the goal and our inability to finish anyway. I thought the defence and midfield were mostly solid and Drameh and Buchanan were good. Aiwu ok too. Maybe it's just that after Boro, some level of improvement is all I was looking for. So I wouldn't have changed a defence that was ok just because a player returns from suspension. Sanderson should prove he's better in training captain or no captain.

I've just posted on another thread that I thought the performance against Watford was really decent.
Similar levels but with more composure in front of goal will see us over the line.
We got to hold our nerve !

It would help if we told Stansfield ... "yes, we appreciate you want to chase everywhere and tackle everything and run your balls off - abd we love you for it - but can you please be a bit lazier when playing sentre-forward and concentrate on being on the shoulder of the last defender and in the box on the odd occasions some fecker decides to cross it ?"

Yep, tell him (at least for the first half) to stay between the posts - don't go chasing the ball around the pitch.

Maybe if we need to take more risks in the 2nd half and have more attackers pushing up, then he can go roaming - and be less knackered for it.
Nah he should press when there’s a trigger. We did it a couple of times successfully, but you can’t do a one man press. Sunjic does and gets stuck for it. So should Stansfield. It’s ridiculous and leaves you leggy earlier than needs be and out the game when they play triangles round you
Tony Fantastico
17:17, Mon 18 Mar
bluebone
You must have seen how poor Sanderson has been basically since the ink dried on his contract we gave him a chance when non of the other teams he went on loan to did not and sent him back to Wolves who really had us over .

He was good and consistent under Eustace, didn't we have the second best defence in the league when he was sacked?

Terrible under Rooney like virtually everyone other than James

Mostly decent under Mowbray

Has played 1 and a bit games under Venus

So no I don't see it tbh, I think there's a lot of fans who have an unhealthy obsession with him and just try to find fault in everything, he's even getting criticised in some quarters for Saturday when he didn't even play, he's not brilliant but the Rooney spell aside he's played well more often than not this season.
Happy Clapper
18:19, Mon 18 Mar
Ah our fans drive me mad, so ridiculous.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:22, Mon 18 Mar
He looked brilliant early season when he had the 2 midfields in front of him and Long alongside amd we sat deeper

Hes looked very vry average since then when weve changed the way we play

He doesn't look good enough to play the way we want to
18:25, Mon 18 Mar
NouCamp
He looked brilliant early season when he had the 2 midfields in front of him and Long alongside amd we sat deeper

Hes looked very vry average since then when weve changed the way we play

He doesn't look good enough to play the way we want to

Could say that about most of them yet we persist with doing it.
18:25, Mon 18 Mar
I'm sceptical of trusting some of these rumours/claims as there are a number of fans who absolutely hate him for some reason

I can think of a couple of reasons some don't like him. Some of those reasons aren't to do with his footballing ability either.
18:28, Mon 18 Mar
Le Mod
bluebone

He was good and consistent under Eustace, didn't we have the second best defence in the league when he was sacked?

Terrible under Rooney like virtually everyone other than James

Mostly decent under Mowbray

Has played 1 and a bit games under Venus

So no I don't see it tbh, I think there's a lot of fans who have an unhealthy obsession with him and just try to find fault in everything, he's even getting criticised in some quarters for Saturday when he didn't even play, he's not brilliant but the Rooney spell aside he's played well more often than not this season.

You and I must have been watching a different player.

H survived under Eustace due to the protection afforded to him by JE's preferred line up.

Under Mowbray he was, at best, shaky.
19:19, Mon 18 Mar
He has been one of our worst players this season, Eustace must have been off his head when he handed him the captaincy
19:21, Mon 18 Mar
Like the vast majority of centre backs he does well when protected and badly when exposed in a Christmas pudding formation.

He played 2 games under Mowbray and we took 4 points, including an away win, he can’t have been that much of a disaster.
Happy Clapper
19:24, Mon 18 Mar
In his final game, Sanderson scored in a 3-1 win, to put us 5th, and we’d conceded a decent tally of 11 goals in 11 games, he was probably feeling ok with his decision tbf

He’s not a world beater but I don’t understand the constant hyperbole
Happy Clapper