07:01, Sat 30 Mar
Gary Rowett
CastleBlue
LondonBlue
6 defenders on the pitch and still lost.

For all the nonsense talk that we don’t have the players to play a more progressive style (which is rubbish, obviously), we also don’t have to players to play Rowett style anti football.

At least we showed ‘passion’, right Robbo?

442, back to basics, that’ll work, right guys?

One of the worst posts i've seen on here. 4th bottom and going down and you think this lot can play progressive football. We tried that under rooney, how did it go mate?

This season has taught me we have some of the thickest fans in the country. It's mental.

We deserve to go down. The players are cowards. Garry Cook sniffs his own farts, and the fans are morons.

Will be a shame for Huddersfield or Sheff Weds if we jam survival

What? 😳 THIS is the “weirdest post of the season”….
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
07:17, Sat 30 Mar
Couldn’t agree more!

GBBlue
Most bizarre thread in a while.

The issue is the players, not the tactics or the manager.

A goalkeeper who routinely squanders possession

A defence who individually and collectively make basic errors. Who constantly concede fouls in dangerous positions and then we struggle to defend set pieces because we lack physicality and positional responsibility

Too many average midfielders and most lack the heart for a relegation battle. The exception being Bacuna who can over elaborate but has more determination than the rest of the team combined. He should be captain.

A woeful forward line where Stansfield plays every game despite being pretty awful for months and seeming aggy with himself and the situation he is in. Only Plymouth games seem to channel his desire positively.

Pep couldn’t keep this team up.
07:28, Sat 30 Mar
LondonBlue

For all the nonsense talk that we don’t have the players to play a more progressive style (which is rubbish, obviously), we also don’t have to players to play Rowett style anti football.

Also, deserves a ban just for the thread title. Sort it mods. There are no Rowett lovers or haters, just supporters getting behind this months manager. 92nd minute. Still bastard gutted. Bastard squad.
Up the feckin Blues
07:31, Sat 30 Mar
Bartley Blues
Couldn’t agree more!

GBBlue
Most bizarre thread in a while.

The issue is the players, not the tactics or the manager.

A goalkeeper who routinely squanders possession

A defence who individually and collectively make basic errors. Who constantly concede fouls in dangerous positions and then we struggle to defend set pieces because we lack physicality and positional responsibility

Too many average midfielders and most lack the heart for a relegation battle. The exception being Bacuna who can over elaborate but has more determination than the rest of the team combined. He should be captain.

A woeful forward line where Stansfield plays every game despite being pretty awful for months and seeming aggy with himself and the situation he is in. Only Plymouth games seem to channel his desire positively.

Pep couldn’t keep this team up.

Clotet?
07:43, Sat 30 Mar
Tam
It’s pretty funny that some fans keep saying that people claim Eustace was the messiah, when absolutely nobody did.

They then go on to claim that only Pep could sort these players out, so inadvertently claim that Eustace is on a level with Pep.

The truth is it’s an average squad that has done relatively well under good guidance and with a clear plan (top 6 over 17 games). It has struggled under poor managers who didn’t know what they were doing (second bottom over 22)

Eustace was ok, Mowbray was decent, both got a tune out of them, if we go down it’ll be due to a combination of Rooney being a disaster, Mowbray falling ill, Venus sadly not being up to it (not his fault because he didn’t want it) and some recruitment errors.
Happy Clapper
07:45, Sat 30 Mar
Spot on
07:47, Sat 30 Mar
Bluesince62
LondonBlue

Also, deserves a ban just for the thread title. Sort it mods. There are no Rowett lovers or haters, just supporters getting behind this months manager. 92nd minute. Still bastard gutted. Bastard squad.
It’s the hope that kills you
07:52, Sat 30 Mar
Onel Hernandez
Rab C Nesbitt
Nikola Zigic
Absolutely bizarre that I'm seeing people happy we lost so they can rub it in the face of people who were disappointed to see Rowett sacked 8 years ago.

Venus would have got a result today,

hahahaha

he couldn't do it in all his other games, but yes, as soon as he doesn't have the opportunity to he would have got the result.

Course he would....

I'm glad the permanently online are getting increasingly called out on their bullshit.

Shite pissing mistakes by players who should know better and a lack of a cutting edge without leaving the team to open.
I think we’d have not lost that under Venus. QPR are pretty poor.
One thing I will say though is nobody enjoyed that defeat in the away end. But it’s noticeable now how quickly people are recovering from such defeats. If the fans were as weak as the players we’d get battered home and away.
Oh and the QPR stewards are madder than some on here. Genuinely up there with the worst of the worst. Old bill were fine yesterday though
Tony Fantastico
07:59, Sat 30 Mar
Why did they funnel everyone to single file way before the turnstiles it was just encouraging trouble.
08:02, Sat 30 Mar
The managers that can make silk purses out of sows’ ears are few and far between!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:04, Sat 30 Mar
Le Mod
It’s pretty funny that some fans keep saying that people claim Eustace was the messiah, when absolutely nobody did.

They then go on to claim that only Pep could sort these players out, so inadvertently claim that Eustace is on a level with Pep.

The truth is it’s an average squad that has done relatively well under good guidance and with a clear plan (top 6 over 17 games). It has struggled under poor managers who didn’t know what they were doing (second bottom over 22)

Eustace was ok, Mowbray was decent, both got a tune out of them, if we go down it’ll be due to a combination of Rooney being a disaster, Mowbray falling ill, Venus sadly not being up to it (not his fault because he didn’t want it) and some recruitment errors.

Le Mod, Thanks for a sensible post. I was beginning to lose faith in a lot of fans mental capacity.
The only love I, and I think most Blues fans have in football, is Blues. I like some players and managers more than others, but I love Blues
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
08:05, Sat 30 Mar
coventrybluenose
The managers that can make silk purses out of sows’ ears are few and far between!
These players are not good enough even to be sows ears
08:11, Sat 30 Mar
👍👍👍
08:33, Sat 30 Mar
Le Mod

You never fail to talk sense. It is this, in a nutshell.
For all the wailing, gnashing of teeth and sackcloth and ashes that there'll inevitably be if we go down, it won't be the utter disaster that it would have been under BHSL.
I honestly don't know what would have happened with them, but it wouldn't have been pretty. We could have been down for a long time.

Silver lining 'n all that tosh.
Up the feckin Blues
08:35, Sat 30 Mar
mr_crosby
Why did they funnel everyone to single file way before the turnstiles it was just encouraging trouble.
It’s always mad there. Yesterday I thought the police were friendly for a change rather than antagonistic but the stewards are a bunch of idiots. I’m amazed there wasn’t more clashes than there was due to them constantly stopping people going back to their seats after half time. With the state of the concourse it just causes crowding and flare ups.
Tony Fantastico