19:16, Wed 3 Apr
Absolute Shite, tired of the None-story and Plastic Brummie accents,though I thought Michael Dokery was Gorgeous.

Mr BS won’t be happy with you.
19:17, Wed 3 Apr
Absolute Shite, tired of the None-story and Plastic Brummie accents,though I thought Michael Dokery was Gorgeous.

Michelle - not Michael - but yes ... gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
19:53, Wed 3 Apr
19:58, Wed 3 Apr
Knight in Mojo

He stresses this is no strict re-enactment exercise, and no 2-Tone authenticity advisors were sought. “I’m not here to get it right,” says Knight, who avoids received histor y and prefers gathering contemporary witnesses’ experiences – he admits certain ex-Birmingham City FC hooligan ‘Zulus’ were among them – the better to avoid “normal drama” and arrive at the “funniest, weirdest, darkest stuff, that actually did happen.”

“What I’m trying to do is get that chaotic truth about people who aren’t reading the script of histor y, because it hasn’t been written yet. Everybody’s just doing what they’re doing and it’s chaos. The people responding to that music were black and white, at a time when black and white people were allegedly not together and not mixing. It happened not because anybody said ‘this can be a great idea’. It just happened.”
20:20, Wed 3 Apr
Tried really hard to like It, but just dont think there was much to it at all. But obviously loved all the blues references.
That dantes accent was atrocious aswell.
21:11, Wed 3 Apr
The actor who plays Dante is from Halesowen
21:15, Wed 3 Apr
😂

Swear people are just desperate to slate the accents without even thinking about it
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
21:29, Wed 3 Apr
I will have to watch this on YouTube, MG looks like Eddie Izzard.
21:41, Wed 3 Apr
Tarquin
The actor who plays Dante is from Halesowen

I know, im from halesowen.
Being so close it makes it even stranger why the accent is so weird.
22:09, Wed 3 Apr
I've just finished the last episode

Tarquin approves
Just finished watching episode 6. This is what I was waiting for. Brilliant!

More please Mr Knight 💙
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
05:53, Thu 4 Apr
Nikola Zigic
😂

Swear people are just desperate to slate the accents without even thinking about it

And Dante sounds like he comes from deepest Dudley! The older brother has the most natural sounding Brummie accent but I have no idea where he comes from.
And just to add, most of the Cov accents are worse than the Brummies.
It’s a decent effort by Mr Knight but I would have enjoyed it more, if it concentrated on the fashion and music of the early 80’s rather than the IRA.
06:22, Thu 4 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE

Mr BS won’t be happy with you.

I haven’t watched it yet but it seems you’re still upset with me calling you tedious because of your attention seeking. Let’s move on friend x
06:38, Thu 4 Apr
Nikola Zigic
😂

And Dante sounds like he comes from deepest Dudley! The older brother has the most natural sounding Brummie accent but I have no idea where he comes from.
And just to add, most of the Cov accents are worse than the Brummies.
It’s a decent effort by Mr Knight but I would have enjoyed it more, if it concentrated on the fashion and music of the early 80’s rather than the IRA.

I'm a pedant with an eye for detail and get irritated by glaringly obvious mistakes in things.

Let's just deal with the most obvious glaring inaccuracy, which i don't think can be excused under "artistic licence"

Series opens with the Handsworth Riots in 1981 ... so that's 10th July 1981
IRA Hunger Strikes are taking place throughout its entirety - they ended on October 3rd 1981

So that sets entire series between july and Sept in 1981

Blues firm then were Apex.

Zulu chant and name didn't appear until quite late in 1982 - certainly not until after the Man City match .... Zulus weren't associated with doing the doors and illegal clamping until 1984 really

So right at the start of the movie ... July 1981 ... "who are Zulus ?" - "they're into fighting, football and illegal clamping" ... well, bollocks really isn't it !

(Note - i've put aside things that can't be helped such as roof slate and fascia types not used until the 90s in the close up in the alley ... external EWI cladding used on tower blocks - never seen until laete 90s ... uPVC front doors ... and worst of all the fact that every window in every building seems to have been uPVC double glazed (gosh i'd have loved to be that warm in 1981) ... the floor design and wall colours inside Coventry Cathedral being completely different until about 2000 etc etc etc etc ad infinitum )

Dozens and dozens of others obviously - but not wanting to put out spoliers until they've all been shown without people watching them on BBC iPlayer.

Oh, can't overlook the fact that they managed to produce a demo track with drums and bass on before they even had a drummer or bassist

Still gets a thumbs up from me though because i'm in favour of everything that puts Brum centre stage
07:02, Thu 4 Apr
To get all those events in to the series it was always going to be difficult to get the dates and settings correct. I am gonna try and watch it without being to critical and as you say just delight in the fact mr knight is going above and beyond for our city. How many of our old faces have got a mention or been referenced in some way. ? Any idea Rags. Only watched 3 so far myself.