07:54, Wed 3 Apr
Kieran Maguire has done a deep dive into our accounts from last year on the website formally known as twitter.

Our finances do not look great at all. How do we improve this to fully utilise knightheads spending capital?

Whilst the new stadium will really increase our revenue through concerts and other sporting events this is some way off.

The paradox is that we need to reduce our wage bill. But we are already pretty bargain bucket, and reducing it further will likely bringing in a poorer calibre of player leading to worse results leading to dwindling crowds and lower revenue.

Free UB40 gigs and "sell out said game" will only work once a season.

One thing I can think of is having a ticket cap of 25. 25000 people paying 25 quid is more money in the coffees than 20000 people paying 30. Those 5000 will then buy beer, food and soft drinks.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
08:01, Wed 3 Apr
Don't overlook the fact that several current players earning too much money will be gone.
We need smarter recruitment / contract negotiations in place of what we have now.
I'm really looking forward to July.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:02, Wed 3 Apr
Agreed. But getting Hogan off the wage bill isn't reducing our 120m in excess liabilities
08:03, Wed 3 Apr
Is Kieran privy to any of the commercial deals done, over the last 9 months ? I wouldn't imagine the details are in the public domain yet ?
08:05, Wed 3 Apr
666VAN
Is Kieran privy to any of the commercial deals done, over the last 9 months ? I wouldn't imagine they're in the public domain yet ?

This is based off last year's released finances.
08:05, Wed 3 Apr
Hogan isn't several.
Add Etheridge for example etc.......
I'll let you think of the others.
Go on give it a try ....
It's been well documented.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Don't overlook the fact that several current players earning too much money will be gone.
We need smarter recruitment / contract negotiations in place of what we have now.
I'm really looking forward to July.

I’m really looking forward to May 5th
08:08, Wed 3 Apr
If you think getting hogan roberts etheridge and sunjic off the wage bill is going to wipe out our 120 million excess liabilities you'd be wrong.
08:15, Wed 3 Apr
Okay, so I’ve not had a proper look at the accounts yet as they were still being scanned when I saw they were online last night, but a one second look this morning of Birmingham City Ltd shows an operational loss of £24m ish from last season.

This isn’t anything we didn’t already know.

Now, as much as people castigate the HKSE, thanks to the required reporting for ZO Future Group (which was once BSHL) we already know how they’ve done in the first six months of this year - and thus we know how their segment of Blues has done.

I covered this here at the end of Feb [almajir.net]

According to those accounts, Blues were about a £4m loss - chiefly thanks to the sell on of Jude and the Chong transfer deal.

Not included in that loss is the money we get from the naming rights deal which will be at least £6m this year (assuming we hit the social media targets which I’m told we will).

In short… we should be okay.
08:17, Wed 3 Apr
Oh I'm not suggesting we won't be okay.

My question is how do we increase revenue to be able to really utilise the spending power of knighthead. At the moment it is something we cannot do.
08:18, Wed 3 Apr
Any loan players you can think of ?
Any new income streams /initiatives / sponsorships / tv deals ?
Matchday revenues ?

I'm sure you're getting the picture
08:19, Wed 3 Apr
Looks like we've lost £50.2M over the last Two financial years, ending June 2023 ?

We're paying 11.9% on the loan that keeps us afloat ?

And we've a 2 points suspended deduction pending, determined by this season's accounts ?
08:20, Wed 3 Apr
666VAN
Looks like we've lost £50.2M over the last Two financial years, ending June 2023 ?

We're paying 11.9% on the loan that keeps us afloat ?

And we've a 2 points suspended deduction pending, determined by this season's accounts ?

Nothing we didn’t already know mate - and I reiterate we’ll be fine.
08:23, Wed 3 Apr
Ser Tait
Oh I'm not suggesting we won't be okay.

My question is how do we increase revenue to be able to really utilise the spending power of knighthead. At the moment it is something we cannot do.

No idea. Thankfully Knighthead and those they have employed at the club do though.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:23, Wed 3 Apr
Thanks Dan, was a bit worried when I read it but I have confidence in your assessment