10:55, Wed 3 Apr
Yes. That’s a few really good players potentially.

We aren’t failing the current cycle so any additional revenue helps us

The corporate side are doing fantastically well with selling out that area most games. Revenue this season will already have increased.

There’s always going to be a ceiling on what we can bring in. We are due a new kit deal in the summer which is probably already done, and a new front of shirt sponsor which will probs to be Knighthead or a friendly sponsor.
10:55, Wed 3 Apr
People need to stop thinking we are under the control of BHSL anymore, increased revenue :

1. Did you see how many people were spending money at the fan park on Monday ?
2. Have you tried to book a corporate seat this season ? You can't its sold out - Now have a look how much they are charging for those places.
3. God knows how much more we are getting for having knighthead on our shirts compared to Boyle Sports
4. Knighthead Park...

The list goes on, revenue is going to be massively up on the next accounts, we are in another league compared to where we were.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
Fans of both the clubs named haven’t deserted their teams really. Well Sunderland look like they may have started.

There’s no reason why we can’t get 20k

I appreciate times have been hard for us all but you have the likes of spike and Rab who are example to us all.
10:58, Wed 3 Apr
My Blue Heaven
Revenue, over the next few years

For the stadium naming rights ?

Yes, potentially £6.2M this season and £9.4M next season.

That'll definitely help.
La Fine Della Strada
Interesting one re James, pretty big drop off in form since the January interest. I can't imagine it'll put potential off suitors too much but have we lost a bit of bargaining power?

naturally yes as january windows you can hold out for more, and he has 6 months less on his contract than he did prior.

i doubt his performances will come into it as he's largely been playing outside of his favoured position, and he'll have been scouted for what he can do at his best, the onus is then on any interested team to get that out of him if he signs.

plus he's 20 and patchy form is to be expected
10:59, Wed 3 Apr
Sheep2
El Mayor
666VAN
I might have missed it mate, but £54.9M losses now over the last Three years.

I believe £39M is allowed, if the owners cover £24M of the shortfall. How did/are we circumnavigating EFL FFP rules ? Surely we've failed for that period. And barring an £11M profit this season, we're going to fail the next 3 year rolling period too ?

You have missed it.

Operating losses are not the same as losses for PSR purposes, as there is stuff you can add money back in for.

We. Have. Not. Failed.

If we had, believe you me, we'd effing know about it.

Edit:

The calculation for you:

Linked Image

What I'd like to see is us do what Ipswich have done and show this in our accounts - page 4 of this link: [s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com]

Link doesn't seem to be associated with a document?

When I tried to look at heir accounts on the ITFC website they are password protected. Very helpful.

I agree that the reconciliation from the accounts to the P&S figure should be a mandatory disclosure for clubs.

Link works here. Also, I didn't get it from their website, I got it from Companies House. [find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk]
11:00, Wed 3 Apr
derbyblue
i think they should make the rolling thresholds the same in EFL and EPL, that would simplify things and be more overt and stop clubs like Leicester et al skewing the finances by flitting between divisions and floating between rules/thresholds

just adds to the smoke and mirrors and we know other teams in this vicinity who benefitted from this

with the obscene money EPL clubs are subsidised there’s no real reason why any of them are running at losses

That wold mean the EFL adopting the EPL £105m figure.
In effect that would mean every club not getting parachute payments could spend more than double its income every season.

The P&S rules are supposed to improve finances not worsen them.

It's complicated but once a sufficient number of clubs lack financial discipline it forces everyone to overspend to remain competitive,
The big risk probably isn't at Leicester where the owners have very deep pockets and a very profitable business elsewhere to fund the club, but clubs where this isn't the case.
We are quickly heading to a situation where only multi-billionaires will be able to afford to own a Championship club.
11:20, Wed 3 Apr
Yes, I agree.

I was aware of the fan park but I'm not sure what scale of support they're expecting for it. Hundreds having a couple of beers before the game won't make much difference, but thousands there a few hours before & after would.
11:21, Wed 3 Apr
derbyblue
i think they should make the rolling thresholds the same in EFL and EPL, that would simplify things and be more overt and stop clubs like Leicester et al skewing the finances by flitting between divisions and floating between rules/thresholds

just adds to the smoke and mirrors and we know other teams in this vicinity who benefitted from this

with the obscene money EPL clubs are subsidised there’s no real reason why any of them are running at losses

In effect that would mean every club not getting parachute payments could spend more than double its income every season.

It's complicated but once a sufficient number of clubs lack financial discipline it forces everyone to overspend to remain competitive,
The big risk probably isn't at Leicester where the owners have very deep pockets and a very profitable business elsewhere to fund the club, but clubs where this isn't the case.
We are quickly heading to a situation where only multi-billionaires will be able to afford to own a Championship club.

how about the EPL adopt the lesser EFL figure. that’ll help sharpen some pencils and sort out club finances that are out of control
11:25, Wed 3 Apr
I am unsure of whether the club gets the money with the current arrangements with the caterers, but I am sure they’ll be able to see what was put through the system. The queues for all the refreshment points at the end of the game on Monday were huge.
11:41, Wed 3 Apr
derbyblue
derbyblue

how about the EPL adopt the lesser EFL figure. that’ll help sharpen some pencils and sort out club finances that are out of control

I think it's the fear of losing the best players, to the countries that can pay the best wages.

Lowering the EPL's appeal when it comes to seeking TV rights.
11:50, Wed 3 Apr
El Mayor
666VAN

I believe £39M is allowed, if the owners cover £24M of the shortfall. How did/are we circumnavigating EFL FFP rules ? Surely we've failed for that period. And barring an £11M profit this season, we're going to fail the next 3 year rolling period too ?

You have missed it.

Operating losses are not the same as losses for PSR purposes, as there is stuff you can add money back in for.

We. Have. Not. Failed.

Edit:

The calculation for you:

Linked Image

What I'd like to see is us do what Ipswich have done and show this in our accounts - page 4 of this link: [s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com]

If no other team could get a competitive advantage from seeing our live accounts, then yes.

In the unlikely event that they did get a competitive advantage, then no.

If any potential commercial partners could gain any leverage from knowing our financial position then we should keep it as private as possible.

Maybe there is a balance where the club protects themselves but we are also given more information about the state of our finances. With the advent of ffp it has become exponentially more important in the game.
11:52, Wed 3 Apr
Much easier in the Prem of course but Brighton have just made the biggest profit in competition history

[www.northstandchat.com]

Meanwhile Leicester have reported a loss of £89.7m for the 2022-23 season - taking total losses for their last three Premier League campaigns to over £215m and Baggies have recorded an £11m loss for the 2022-23 campaign
12:00, Wed 3 Apr
For Brighton to make that profit they have accumulated something like the fourth biggest debt of any club in the world right now - and also needed to sell players AND go deep in Europe and domestic cups.
12:01, Wed 3 Apr
Onel Hernandez
El Mayor
666VAN

You have missed it.

We. Have. Not. Failed.

Edit:

The calculation for you:

Linked Image

If no other team could get a competitive advantage from seeing our live accounts, then yes.

In the unlikely event that they did get a competitive advantage, then no.

If any potential commercial partners could gain any leverage from knowing our financial position then we should keep it as private as possible.

The PSR calculation is not very specific with regards to figures and thus I think commercially it's no different to our accounts being online at Companies House. The way football is everyone inside the game knows who is effed and who isn't.

I'd personally make it a mandatory requirement clubs share that calculation at the end of each season. It doesn't have to be live - that would take the piss, but at least something so the fans (the actual people who matter) know the condition their club is in.