15:47, Mon 15 Apr
Tam
I’m sorry 😭
My Blue Heaven
Linked Image

Best day in our clubs history, even taking to account the glorious 70s!

Hmmm, he certainly looked bigger than 5'8" there 🤔

I also loved Bertschin btw.
Up the feckin Blues
Tam
15:49, Mon 15 Apr
My Blue Heaven
I’d have thought our world class strikers would’ve scored against Fulham

A division 2 side weren’t they at the time?

Yes, Blues were heavy favourites that day, unlike three years before when Leeds were unjustifiably favourites and steamrollered us. A really wasted opportunity, and the last time that we reached an FA Cup semi final. Shocking really, when you consider that it's 50 years next year.
Make Blues Great Again
foghorn leghorn
Betamax clip #2 Winner at the North stand. Raising KB towards the category of elite blues performers. How did Zigic get on away at the vile?

The legend seals 6 wins in a row. Never been done before, or since.

Possibly my favourite non cup away day.
Up the feckin Blues
Tam
15:50, Mon 15 Apr
My Blue Heaven
I’m sorry 😭

That's OK. We still had the replay at Maine Road to look forward to. Oh.
Make Blues Great Again
15:52, Mon 15 Apr
Tam
We’ve had a few chances since, Bolton, Portsmouth and Sunderland 1/4 finals.

The Portsmouth one in particular the biggest pain, however pompey away was not as easy as expected

Break your hearts done they
15:55, Mon 15 Apr
Portsmouth away was galling.

McLeish bottled it - then we went back there the following midweek and pissed all over them.

84 we really missed a great chance as well - for those of us just too young to have been scarred by Fulham, Watford is the one that still hurts.
15:56, Mon 15 Apr
Yep he finally played michel, and Benitez was electric in the league game.

Don’t think I’ll get over that one.
16:14, Mon 15 Apr
Portsmouth away was galling.

McLeish bottled it - then we went back there the following midweek and pissed all over them.

84 we really missed a great chance as well - for those of us just too young to have been scarred by Fulham, Watford is the one that still hurts.

That cup game at Portsmouth was the last game i went to by train (well, last outside The Midlands). It was such a pissy day with the journey and hopping trains and waiting for connections, and walking and bollocks and shit (especially the journey back), followed by a completely shambolic team selection and performance that i just thought - "all this hassle isn't worth it just so i can have a drink - next time i'll drive - however far it is".
16:20, Mon 15 Apr
How did Bertschin get on in the cups?

Did he score a winner in a quarter final?

Dragged us through the rounds until we met Spurs in 1980, but they were a bridge too far. Although that was in a proper cup tournament, not a tin pot trophy that nobody takes seriously.

That was a low blow calling HIM Fatima and for showing the Fulham pic you deserve the sin bin.
Tam
16:23, Mon 15 Apr
foghorn leghorn
How did Bertschin get on in the cups?

Did he score a winner in a quarter final?

Dragged us through the rounds until we met Spurs in 1980, but they were a bridge too far. Although that was in a proper cup tournament, not a tin pot trophy that nobody takes seriously.

That was a low blow calling HIM Fatima and for showing the Fulham pic you deserve the sin bin.

Don't worry, I've reported him for the Fulham pic and requested a ban.
Make Blues Great Again
16:24, Mon 15 Apr
Tam
It’s in the hands of my lawyer, Thongs
16:27, Mon 15 Apr
There's really no need for that!
Tam
16:27, Mon 15 Apr
My Blue Heaven
It’s in the hands of my lawyer, Thongs

I'm not convinced I'd want to put mine in his hands, tbf. 😁
Make Blues Great Again