15:25, Tue 16 Apr
What a shame we won't be ready for the Euros. That would have been glorious, beautiful to see our new gaffe chosen.
Up the feckin Blues
15:42, Tue 16 Apr
B_C_F_C
Tandy
I’m not that clued up on Witton station tbh. I thought I’d heard that they’d shelved it but Andy Street’s promo video posted yesterday seemed to imply it was still on? Maybe it’s just more Andy Street hot air, who knows?

"Andy Street has pledged to deliver an upgraded station at Witton in time for Euro 2028. Villa Park has been picked as one of ten venues to feature games in a tournament jointly hosted by the UK and Ireland."

Andy Street is in full election mode and probably going to lose anyway.
Madeira Blue
It's all internet rumour. They are going nowhere.

Hmm I think something is afoot. Those board appointments are people with previous infrastructure project experience. Sawiris has appointed his former right hand woman at his construction company who built the Egyptian national stadium. Atairos is the vehicle for funding.
15:45, Tue 16 Apr
Need a guarantee from vile that they are staying put because £30 million on a station that wouldn’t otherwise be needed is a non starter.
Kumars Fashion Sense
Madeira Blue
It's all internet rumour. They are going nowhere.

Hmm I think something is afoot. Those board appointments are people with previous infrastructure project experience. Sawiris has appointed his former right hand woman at his construction company who built the Egyptian national stadium. Atairos is the vehicle for funding.

Well they'd better be quick then. As much as Brum is on the up, you'd have thought a lot of outside investment is going to go to the city centre-ish sports quarter Knighthead are building? Have no idea how much of a pool there would be for private investment into stadiums in Brum that aren't in as good a spot as wheels - so unless the vile owners are self funding it?
Up the feckin Blues
They got the investment. Atairos now have seats on the board. They’re funding it. Whatever it is.
A year or more ago, I'd have been reading that through gritted teeth. Now it just doesn't matter, it's all about us and our future - they are already there, our turn now.
Up the feckin Blues
Slight issue though. Atairos is mostly owned by Comcast, who also own Sky...
B_C_F_C
Tandy
I’m not that clued up on Witton station tbh. I thought I’d heard that they’d shelved it but Andy Street’s promo video posted yesterday seemed to imply it was still on? Maybe it’s just more Andy Street hot air, who knows?

"Andy Street has pledged to deliver an upgraded station at Witton in time for Euro 2028. Villa Park has been picked as one of ten venues to feature games in a tournament jointly hosted by the UK and Ireland."

Latest poll out today says Street is trailing by 14 points to the Labour Candidate, so anything he has promised them, may need a rethink from next month
18:24, Tue 16 Apr
bluearmyfaction

...and comcast own Universal Studios who are currently looking at opening a Universal Studios in Bedford.

So from that I think we can safely deduce that mad's cuckoo theory is in fact correct and in ten years time they will be Bedford Villa
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
B_C_F_C
Tandy

Latest poll out today says Street is trailing by 14 points to the Labour Candidate, so anything he has promised them, may need a rethink from next month

Is the Labour candidate a Blues fan then?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
B_C_F_C
Tandy

Is the Labour candidate a Blues fan then? 😉
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
18:42, Tue 16 Apr
He’s from Bristol originally I think. Has extensive experience with the WMCA and TfWM.
bluearmyfaction

And? Related party transactions only apply to players and agents. Not infrastructure. See wolves, fosun and Mendes. And that got cleared amazingly as well.
Kumars Fashion Sense
bluearmyfaction

And? Related party transactions only apply to players and agents. Not infrastructure. See wolves, fosun and Mendes. And that got cleared amazingly as well.
Mendes doesn't broadcast the Premier League.