Which is the same across the team. It’s why we have the players we have.
Tam
10:40, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
He's shite, absolute shite.

Nonsense.

The best season we've had defensively by a million miles (in terms of goals conceded) since Roberts signed for the club in 2017 was the full season Monk managed.

Roberts played three league games that season. That just about sums him up. Absolute liability. Worst player I've ever seen who has started more than a handful of games for us.

And you're saying that that was just down to Roberts? Blimey - it's a good job for him that no other manager has seen fit not to play him.

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us. Would I extend his contract? No, not in the Championship and not in League One either for two reasons. His injuries, and I'm of the mindset that we need to clear as much of the old guard, who are used to losing - and quite a lot of the 'new guard' as well for the same reason.
Make Blues Great Again
10:41, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam talking sense as per 👍
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mr_crosby

yup, players signed on a shoestring, 5 managers in a season, and a captain who is clearly nowhere near ready for that sort of responsibility

no wonder we are where we are.
Tam
10:48, Tue 23 Apr
HackneyBlue
mr_crosby

yup, players signed on a shoestring, 5 managers in a season, and a captain who is clearly nowhere near ready for that sort of responsibility

no wonder we are where we are.

I do defend Sanderson against some of the footballing accusations (because I think that they're OTT and unwarranted in many cases), I've said earlier that what he's done is inexcusable. Blues are a team without (apparently) natural leaders, and I'd just suggest that, to step up and accept the job was to his credit, because there's clearly not many other candidates.

Obviously he's not up to the job, as events have proved, but it really does demonstrate how badly we are off for leaders on the pitch.
Make Blues Great Again
10:51, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
yea i agree, and the leaders point is probably partially down to the budget too
11:07, Tue 23 Apr
good post

Re: Dion Sanderson

11:12, Tue 23 Apr
You really do talk utter shite
11:13, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson

Nonsense.

The best season we've had defensively by a million miles (in terms of goals conceded) since Roberts signed for the club in 2017 was the full season Monk managed.

Roberts played three league games that season. That just about sums him up. Absolute liability. Worst player I've ever seen who has started more than a handful of games for us.

And you're saying that that was just down to Roberts? Blimey - it's a good job for him that no other manager has seen fit not to play him.

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us. Would I extend his contract? No, not in the Championship and not in League One either for two reasons. His injuries, and I'm of the mindset that we need to clear as much of the old guard, who are used to losing - and quite a lot of the 'new guard' as well for the same reason.

Tam knows 👍
Up the feckin Blues
You really do talk utter shite

Reported for stalking
11:38, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson

Nonsense.

I'm off the mindset that Roberts should be bombed this summer and in actual fact should have been bombed years ago because he is a shite donkey of a footballer who would never have played so many Championship games for any other club that has been at our level for as long as we have and that his recurring appearances in our team is the starkest hallmark of all as to why we as a club have had such bad sides for so long.

He's absolutely pony, and always has been.
Tam
11:38, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson

Nonsense.

I'm off the mindset that Roberts should be bombed this summer and in actual fact should have been bombed years ago because he is a shite donkey of a footballer who would never have played so many Championship games for any other club that has been at our level for as long as we have and that his recurring appearances in our team is the starkest hallmark of all as to why we as a club have had such bad sides for so long.

OK. Difficult to engage with this sort of conversation when clearly so many managers disagree with you, so I'll leave it there.
Make Blues Great Again
11:42, Tue 23 Apr
I always know you’re on here from replies to posts about Roberts 😁
Tony Fantastico
Tam
11:43, Tue 23 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
I always know you’re on here from replies to posts about Roberts 😁

Is it an old poster making another comeback then?
Make Blues Great Again
11:44, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson

Nonsense.

What absolute tripe!

Typical, I'm afraid of too many of our supporters. Considered criticism of any player is fine but this sort of unbalanced bile is pathetic.