Super Hans
No need to apologise me old fruit.

If it’s all legit (and I’d be amazed if it’s not) then I’d bin him straight out the squad and stick Roberts in. Relegation be damned, can’t be dealing with selfish chunts.

👍👍 you’ll do for me
19:38, Mon 22 Apr
mr_crosby
Rags

What circumstances would it make it excusable?

I'd be happy to see his contract torn up, captain of a football club in the middle of a relegation fight and he's making these decisions.

I will wait until i know the facts ....

... but ... far fetched scenario .... i think if he had been home all night, then popped out to move his car from the road onto his drive and the police saw him and approached him and he was 1mg above the limit then, as well as the court decision a very heavy club fine would suffice.

Now I DOUBT there is such mitigation ... but at least i will wait to hear some facts

I know someone who was nicked doing that. Guess what, they didn’t get away with it.

I know someone that kipped in their car after a night out and nearly got done, was over on roadside breathalyzer but by the time they got him to the police station he was just about under.
Gazball?
Tam
19:38, Mon 22 Apr
Lichblue
I get what he has done is massively wrong.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Is berating him on social media right now really going to help our cause?

No, I agree - I don't think that it will help our cause, but people are just angered and frustrated that our teams captain has let the side, the club and the fans down. Booing Burke wasn't helpful on Saturday either, but fuses are short now and drink driving is wrong for obvious reasons, and then compounded by our situation and his lack of responsibility and leadership at a time of footballing crisis.

FWIW, I'm not anti-Sanderson - I think that the criticism of him is way OTT at times and defend him on that basis, but this is massively disappointing.
Make Blues Great Again
19:39, Mon 22 Apr
mr_crosby
Rab C Nesbitt
I posted this on twitter and can’t be arsed to retype. Point stands though-

Got 3 taxis myself Saturday. One to pick up for Blues coach. One to Digbeth for a gig. One home. £55 on a posties wage. Yet the captain of our club on probably £15k a week can’t be arsed. Says a lot about (lack of) leadership and taking responsibility. Think they’re untouchable

This was from his past court appearance.

Not that sorry obviously.

The court heard how Sanderson helps provide for his family, including taking his mother to and from work. Mr Smith said the 22-year-old takes these responsibilities "extremely seriously".

Sanderson himself took to the dock to plead exceptional hardship, saying that losing his ability to drive could affect his family, who he supports financially.

When asked if his parents could survive without his help, Sanderson said: "No."

Sanderson also said that the risk of being late for training at Birmingham City could lead to club fines and not being included in matchday squads, something which could "have a big impact" on his career.

When asked if there will be a repeat of this in future, Sanderson replied: "No, most definitely not. It's not in my nature, I'm a mature, responsible footballer.

"I like to take care of everyone, and I'm deeply sorry."

What a chunt
19:43, Mon 22 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
I posted this on twitter and can’t be arsed to retype. Point stands though-

Got 3 taxis myself Saturday. One to pick up for Blues coach. One to Digbeth for a gig. One home. £55 on a posties wage. Yet the captain of our club on probably £15k a week can’t be arsed. Says a lot about (lack of) leadership and taking responsibility. Think they’re untouchable

Can’t afford it apparently…
Pleaded poverty when banned last year:

“Explaining how the defender helps support his family financially and has other investments which would be "time-consuming" and "expensive" to change, Mr Smith continued: "It's going to extremely difficult to be able to afford the driver to drive him around for six months," with Birmingham City confirming they would not provide any alternative transport.

The court heard how Sanderson helps provide for his family, including taking his mother to and from work. Mr Smith said the 22-year-old takes these responsibilities "extremely seriously".

Sanderson himself took to the dock to plead exceptional hardship, saying that losing his ability to drive could affect his family, who he supports financially.

When asked if his parents could survive without his help, Sanderson said: "No."

Sanderson also said that the risk of being late for training at Birmingham City could lead to club fines and not being included in matchday squads, something which could "have a big impact" on his career.“
19:44, Mon 22 Apr
Sandersooooooon
Dion
Loves to sink a few
Dion
Will be sold to Crewe
Dion
Won’t be driving for a while
Sandersooooooon
19:48, Mon 22 Apr
Proper last chance saloon for him
Tony Fantastico
19:51, Mon 22 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
Proper last chance saloon for him
I remember when Greasy got done for it, didn't he get a 9 month ban and a massive hefty fine, people had him hung,drawn and quartered on here. No one should be defended for it, its a criminal charge and deserves whatever punishment is handed down
19:53, Mon 22 Apr
This club - you couldn’t write the story of this season in your wildest dreams, unless you really despised us!
19:54, Mon 22 Apr
Stupid bastard.
19:55, Mon 22 Apr
So it is unlikely that Blues could sack Sanderson even if found guilty which is a shame. Stoke tried to when Berahino was charged and had to pay back £2.5m

Makes you wonder if we will try to move him in sharpish in the summer as it will probably be in all parties interest. Ironically he played ok on Saturday given his issues.
19:58, Mon 22 Apr
I don’t know how they could sack him. He wasn’t drink driving at work after all.
19:58, Mon 22 Apr
theAtlas
This club - you couldn’t write the story of this season in your wildest dreams, unless you really despised us!
Yes would certainly rank as one of the most bizarre seasons in the history of any football club
20:00, Mon 22 Apr
Thongs
I don’t know how they could sack him. He wasn’t drink driving at work after all.
Adam Johnson got sacked and he wasn’t chasing the Sunderland youth teams.
Gazball?
20:08, Mon 22 Apr
Thongs

I am guessing gross misconduct due to reputational damage. Just saying Stoke tried it and it didn’t work.