14:08, Tue 23 Apr
I know a manager shouldn’t be influenced by fans when picking a team, but surely Rowett knew it wasn’t going to go down well with the fans. One of those times when everything needs to be positive in such an important game where three points are vital and very getable, not only does he play someone who has been poor (to put it mildly) and when I’ve seen him, looks disinterested or afraid to get stuck in. Then playing not to lose and maybe nick a one nil. I wouldn’t of booed Burke, but let’s be honest we knew it was a bad call and personally I was deflated before we’d even kicked off. As for Sanderson, he’s lucky he’s not hurt anyone, if I got caught for drinking driving (never drunk drove everrr) I’d expect to lose my job.
14:10, Tue 23 Apr
Ricky Blotto
Did you ever see coppers commit crimes against football fans but turn a blind eye?

A copper at Old Trafford once held me up against a wall by my neck yelling "take that you c**nt" when I was 14 years old and had the audacity to accidently walk the wrong way, trying to find my dad.

When some nearby fans intervened and told my dad what had happened, I thought my old man was going to kill him. Thankfully he couldn't find him. Always wondered what could have happened that day if he did; sliding doors moment.
Some of the stuff seen over the years could’ve ruined an ordinary blokes life tbf. Like your Dads if he’d have seen what happened to you

Yeah I bet.

We've covered some ground in this thread ain't we!
14:11, Tue 23 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

Me. I fecking hate the bastards.

Can you name the ones you despise?

I am not being tricky or provocative, genuinely interested, I read all day on Twitter that this squad is full of scumbags who don't try etc, can you name the ones you hate? I'll take Sanderson as a given
Happy Clapper
14:16, Tue 23 Apr
Rags
Yeah the booing is wrong, but it was an absolute abomination of a decision. Burke hasn’t played for about 3 months, and when he did play before that he was abysmal, so how he got in the lineup is beyond me. And according to those that went, he was predictably shocking and hooked at half time.

Rowett actually said in his post match interview that he was taken off because he was injured, but that it didn't make musch difference because he was due to be substituted in the second half anyway (which i took as meaning - a planned substitution at about 60 mins because he wasn't fully match fit)

Probably sparing both of their blushes - rather than admitting he messed up and Burke was rubbish. I was willing to give him a chance on it, seeing as he got it right with Anderson previously, knows Burke well and had seen him in training... but it was clearly a mistake.
14:18, Tue 23 Apr
You don't want to take anything - well, at least 90% - of what Buddha says seriously 😄
14:25, Tue 23 Apr
Funny enough as Tam has rightly said for weeks now, I don’t think there’s any lack of effort or trying on the players part. They’re just not very good. Individually talented yes, but as a team they’re pretty poor, hence why we’re 22nd.
14:34, Tue 23 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

I am not being tricky or provocative, genuinely interested, I read all day on Twitter that this squad is full of scumbags who don't try etc, can you name the ones you hate? I'll take Sanderson as a given[/quote

All the bastards
14:34, Tue 23 Apr
You don't want to take anything - well, at least 90% - of what Buddha says seriously 😄

Rude.
14:42, Tue 23 Apr
Bluenose27
Funny enough as Tam has rightly said for weeks now, I don’t think there’s any lack of effort or trying on the players part. They’re just not very good. Individually talented yes, but as a team they’re pretty poor, hence why we’re 22nd.

You see, when managed remotely competently I don't think they're even bad, lacking in some areas yes but Rooney/Venus aside we've lost 1 home league match and taken 35 points from 23 games, maybe we wouldn't have sustained that level but given those points have come from 3 different competent managers playing 3 different styles I think it's a decent bet that we'd have been way away from relegation danger. It's been proven 3 times that competency in the dugout and some semblance of a plan gets a reasonable points return.
Happy Clapper
14:54, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

I am not being tricky or provocative, genuinely interested, I read all day on Twitter that this squad is full of scumbags who don't try etc, can you name the ones you hate? I'll take Sanderson as a given
He doesn’t like many fans either
Tony Fantastico
Tam
14:56, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
Bluenose27

You see, when managed remotely competently I don't think they're even bad, lacking in some areas yes but Rooney/Venus aside we've lost 1 home league match and taken 35 points from 23 games, maybe we wouldn't have sustained that level but given those points have come from 3 different competent managers playing 3 different styles, I think it's a decent bet that we'd have been way away from relegation danger.

As you say, perhaps (and probably we wouldn't have) we wouldn't have sustained that form, because it's not far off play off form with an equivalent of 70 points for the season. That would would be a very acceptable upper mid-table finish. People say that the players are no good, don't care, don't try, are gutless, etc, and there ARE some weakness of course, but a decent manager makes the best of the resources available, as you've demonstrated.

They say that the players are shit, and then use the fact that we're near the bottom under five different managers as evidence that the common denominator is the players. Well, this season at any rate, the common denominator for me is the amount of managers and different styles that we've had. I do think that we've got the most able set of players that we've had in a decade, but I think it's what's missing that counts. To me, it's not a team that looks knitted together and, again, that's ot surprising given the situation. I think we're missing some dynamism in midfield and, as ever, a striker. I think that, just with those additions, there's a decent squad there.
Make Blues Great Again
14:58, Tue 23 Apr
Shocking from the skipper in the midst of a relegation battle to not only drink but to then drink drive.

When found guilty his contract should be torn up. Seeing as this is his second visit to the courts for driving related matters and he pled that he had changed last time means he will have the book thrown at him.

We have been constantly informed BCFC are going to be a world class club in every aspect. This smacks that right in the face. I very much hope they use this as an example to the younger players and cancel his contract.

Repercussions to doing this is FFP. We paid his fee amortised over his contract. Cancelling it will put that straight onto the books but one worth taking. Put simple, he is not fit to wear the shirt.

Drink driving kills. Guy is an absolute tool and so if everyone else that drink drives.

Side note - As an ex DC I have dealt with my fair share of drink drivers while on response. Two possible options occurred. After the road side breathlyzer positive result he was arrested and transported to the local station. There, he would have basically been given an option of a breath test on a full machine or a blood test. If positive on the main machine he would have been kept in and once sober, charged with DUI and given a court date. If he selected bloods, then the doctor would have to extract the sample and then this sample sent to the labs to discover his blood alcohol content. This can take a few weeks in which he would have been recalled from bail and charged once the results are in. Furthermore, they can calculate his blood alcohol content at the time of arrest and not at the time of the sample being taken.

Is there no other route ?

Let's assume he's found guilty (because he hasn't been yet - not that it's something that usually bothers those currently or formerly in the Police) and let's assume there are zero mitigating circumstances.

If we sack him he'll probably get compensation from us for paying up his contract (unless they can prove it's gross misconduct under his contract T&Cs) and then go off and start earning elsewhere ... so in fact financially he'd benefit.

How about, if guilty, then not only is he stripped of the captaincy but he has to do 8 hours a week (for 6 months) at the Children's hospital portering and cleaning to prove he's really regretful ?

He may actually earn back a modicum of respect that way
Iv only skimmed through this thread but I do hope the club come down hard on this shite and wouldn't be against binning off Sanderson to make an example of him depending on the circumstances.

Our players probably shouldn't be drinking alcohol during the season and definitely not in public or behind a wheel. Sanderson should have been drilling that into the lads not doing it himself.
15:05, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
We employed a convicted drink driver as our manager about seven months ago so I ain't really convinced the club is all that arsed tbh.

Personally I think there is a big difference between committing the offence while at the club and having been convicted and served your punishment - unless the offence marks you out as a clear wrong un, I think people should be allowed to move on.
15:07, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

I think it’s lazy to say they don’t try or they don’t care - it’s clear they do care and they do their best, even when a shit manager can’t organise them.

My issue is the lack of bottle as it were; every time we go a goal down you see collective heads drop and it doesn’t feel like there are many out there who can lead and motivate them.

Sanderson is a case in point; at home to Cardiff he dropped to his haunches when we conceded and it was clear it hurt him a lot; however as skipper he needed to be doing his best to get the rest going to get the equaliser.