Dirty Bertie
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
He's shite, absolute shite.

Nonsense.

The best season we've had defensively by a million miles (in terms of goals conceded) since Roberts signed for the club in 2017 was the full season Monk managed.

Roberts played three league games that season. That just about sums him up. Absolute liability. Worst player I've ever seen who has started more than a handful of games for us.

And you're saying that that was just down to Roberts? Blimey - it's a good job for him that no other manager has seen fit not to play him.

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us. Would I extend his contract? No, not in the Championship and not in League One either for two reasons. His injuries, and I'm of the mindset that we need to clear as much of the old guard, who are used to losing - and quite a lot of the 'new guard' as well for the same reason.

I'm off the mindset that Roberts should be bombed this summer and in actual fact should have been bombed years ago because he is a shite donkey of a footballer who would never have played so many Championship games for any other club that has been at our level for as long as we have and that his recurring appearances in our team is the starkest hallmark of all as to why we as a club have had such bad sides for so long.

He's absolutely pony, and always has been.

What absolute tripe!

Typical, I'm afraid of too many of our supporters. Considered criticism of any player is fine but this sort of unbalanced bile is pathetic.

Yeah, I think that's the thing. Considered criticism. Makes for good discussion, but there are a few overly hysterical fans around - Harlee Dean also got a lot of unhinged comments about him, and he's far from the only one.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
11:49, Tue 23 Apr
HackneyBlue
the Lee Clark thread was the giveaway

Ah. Yes. I wish I'd have known earlier. 😁
Make Blues Great Again
11:51, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Seth Grayson
Tam
Seth Grayson
He's shite, absolute shite.

Nonsense.

The best season we've had defensively by a million miles (in terms of goals conceded) since Roberts signed for the club in 2017 was the full season Monk managed.

Roberts played three league games that season. That just about sums him up. Absolute liability. Worst player I've ever seen who has started more than a handful of games for us.

And you're saying that that was just down to Roberts? Blimey - it's a good job for him that no other manager has seen fit not to play him.

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us. Would I extend his contract? No, not in the Championship and not in League One either for two reasons. His injuries, and I'm of the mindset that we need to clear as much of the old guard, who are used to losing - and quite a lot of the 'new guard' as well for the same reason.

I'm off the mindset that Roberts should be bombed this summer and in actual fact should have been bombed years ago because he is a shite donkey of a footballer who would never have played so many Championship games for any other club that has been at our level for as long as we have and that his recurring appearances in our team is the starkest hallmark of all as to why we as a club have had such bad sides for so long.

He's absolutely pony, and always has been.

Racist
11:57, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam
Rab C Nesbitt
I always know you’re on here from replies to posts about Roberts 😁

Is it an old poster making another comeback then?
I’m pretty certain
Tony Fantastico
TiptonBluenose
And he's supposed to be our on field "leader" you can see why it's gone to shit

As a player totally overrated since he arrived.
12:14, Tue 23 Apr
KC
Amazes me he was ever captain anyway surely someone like Juke would of been better
Tam
12:16, Tue 23 Apr
KC
KC
TiptonBluenose

Do you think so? I think the amount of stick that he gets is OTT in many cases. He's had a bad spell like almost everyone else, but I think he's decent. I don't think that the constant managerial changes and styles have helped many of them, tbh and I thought that he was pretty good in the first quarter of the season under Eustace.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
12:19, Tue 23 Apr
Kimber
Amazes me he was ever captain anyway surely someone like Juke would of been better

In fairness, Juke was never going to be playing much, so - while I agree that he would probably be the best of the bunch - it couldn't to be him. Funnily enough, Gardner would probably have been a good leader, but can't cut it in terms of being good enough to be selected.

To repeat myself from earlier, we don't have much captain material, and it's to Sanderson's credit that at least he was prepared to take the role on. Obviously, he's let the side down now though.
Make Blues Great Again
12:19, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam
KC
TiptonBluenose

Do you think so? I think the amount of stick that he gets is OTT in many cases. He's had a bad spell like almost everyone else, but I think he's decent. I don't think that the constant managerial changes and styles have helped many of them, tbh and I thought that he was pretty good in the first quarter of the season under Eustace.

He's also been generally solid when he has a solid defender next to him - early season Kevin Long, later on Bielik. He's had poor games when paired with Aiwu most notably, and I think he's picked up towards the end of the season too. Definitely gets too much stick for his on field performances.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we have the highest combinations of CB pairings in the league this year. That never helps any team nor defence.
12:21, Tue 23 Apr
KC
KC
TiptonBluenose

Under Eustace he was brilliant. Nobody at all was digging him out when Eustace was managing him.
12:21, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
I’ve said before, I’ll say it again. He’s adequate with a competent defender next to him like long or Bielik, but when he’s paired with aiwu, he was really caught out.
12:24, Tue 23 Apr
He was fine under Eustace and has been fine under Rowett

The squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders but would be comfortably mid-table if it wasn't for 45% of the season being managed by Wayne Rooney and the reluctant Mark Venus

We need better but as usual there's loads of hyperbole about him being terrible and the whole squad being evil scumbags who are terrible human beings, just cliche ridden garbage for the most part
Happy Clapper
12:24, Tue 23 Apr
KC
TiptonBluenose

Under Eustace he was brilliant. Nobody at all was digging him out when Eustace was managing him.

i was one of those, really impressed by him in the first 5/6 games

same with the full backs
12:25, Tue 23 Apr
He was also fine with Long next to him, as far as defending was concerned. He gets found out when we try and play more football and he has the ball at his feet too often.