Re: Dion Sanderson

Tam
12:25, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
He was fine under Eustace and has been fine under Rowett

The squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders but would be comfortably mid-table if it wasn't for 45% of the season being managed by Wayne Rooney and the reluctant Mark Venus

We need better but as per there's loads of hyperbole about him being terrible and the whole squad being evil scumbags who are terrible human beings, just cliche ridden garbage for the most part

100% agree.
Make Blues Great Again
12:33, Tue 23 Apr
You really do talk utter shite

Yeah .. so, you keep telling me. The majority of your recent posts seem to be attacking other posters (me especially) and saying how shit this forum is.

... but thanks again for posting, it all helps to keep the forum stats looking good.
12:35, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
He was fine under Eustace and has been fine under Rowett

The squad is unbalanced and lacks leaders but would be comfortably mid-table if it wasn't for 45% of the season being managed by Wayne Rooney and the reluctant Mark Venus

We need better but as usual there's loads of hyperbole about him being terrible and the whole squad being evil scumbags who are terrible human beings, just cliche ridden garbage for the most part

Completely agree, it is hard to judge the players given a large chunk has been so chaotic but during the spells we have had runs with decent managers the team collected points at the rate of a top half team. If we hadn't sacked Eustace I think the season would look very different, similarly if Mowbray hadn't had his health issue.
12:53, Tue 23 Apr
This incident is indicative of how broken this club is. There's been a decade and more of malaise and unprofessionalism that seeped into all corners of the club. If you're paying attention you'll have noticed Knighthead are having a proper clear out and with any luck Sanderson will be gone for a nominal fee in the summer.
Tom Brady is out there wearing a Blues pin and morons within the club itself are pissed up behind the wheel?

Sandersons days at this club are over. And rightly so.
13:11, Tue 23 Apr
Tam

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us.

... It's ridiculous isn't it.

Almost all fans would love to have half the skill and athleticism of out players. Also the dedication to maintaining standards of fitness.

When players don't achieve levels you know they are capable of it's fine to criticise them = and to even be very vocal with that criticism. But if all our players dropped down two league levels then that's still a lot higher than their critics will ever achieve.

However, performing poorly as a player doesn't make someone a c@nt, or a w@nker, or a piece of shit.

More so, if a player is continually poor then you should blame the manager for continuing to pick him ......... and if they are obviously playing the role requested by the manager (ie Rowett setting us up to "contain" Rotherham in the first half, telling them not to press too high, stopping the full backs being at all adventurous, keeping a 30 yaard gap between midfield and Stansfield, having the "No10" Tyler Roberts drop back deep into midfield) then they ARE doing their jobs. It doesn't make them "gutless" and "cowardly" for not attacking the opposition, again - blame the manager.

I have to do stuff in my own job that i don't always agree with if my boss tells me to do it that way (luckily he allows me to have my say, but sometimes he still insists) - because if i don't, then he would sack me.

Obviously there are times when players really mess up simple things that they should do better at. That free-kick by Paik on Saturday - what a waste ! He just hadn't thought it through and wasn't concentrating.... it was incredibly poor ... but he didn't get the "feck off you c@nt" treatment did he ? "FFS Paik !" was the worst i read.

Note : all of the above applies to supporting your own team. Getting on their backs so easily and so uickly isn't going to encourage them at all - it makes them play with fear. Reserve the vitriol for the opposition - we do that to mock them, to put them off their game, to help us have an advantage, to make them fearful .... and it's great ... but to do that to your own players isn't going to help at all.
Tam
13:15, Tue 23 Apr
Rags

If he (or any other of our players that silly abuse is aimed at) is 'shite', 'a donkey', 'League One/Two', 'pub footballer' and all the other lazy epithets that are thrown about, just remember that he's made 185 appearances for us at Championship level. The Championship is a place where 'shite' or 'donkeys' don't really play very much. You might not rate him, and that's fine - your opinion - but let's not engage in unwarranted name calling.

FWIW, I think that he's an OK lower Championship centre half who's had some very good games for us.

... It's ridiculous isn't it.

Almost all fans would love to have half the skill and athleticism of out players. Also the dedication to maintaining standards of fitness.

When players don't achieve levels you know they are capable of it's fine to criticise them = and to even be very vocal with that criticism. But if all our players dropped down two league levels then that's still a lot higher than their critics will ever achieve.

However, performing poorly as a player doesn't make someone a c@nt, or a w@nker, or a piece of shit.

More so, if a player is continually poor then you should blame the manager for continuing to pick him ......... and if they are obviously playing the role requested by the manager (ie Rowett setting us up to "contain" Rotherham in the first half, telling them not to press too high, stopping the full backs being at all adventurous, keeping a 30 yaard gap between midfield and Stansfield, having the "No10" Tyler Roberts drop back deep into midfield) then they ARE doing their jobs. It doesn't make them "gutless" and "cowardly" for not attacking the opposition, again - blame the manager.

I have to do stuff in my own job that i don't always agree with if my boss tells me to do it that way (luckily he allows me to have my say, but sometimes he still insists) - because if i don't, then he would sack me.

Obviously there are times when players really mess up simple things that they should do better at. That free-kick by Paik on Saturday - what a waste ! He just hadn't thought it through and wasn't concentrating.... it was incredibly poor ... but he didn't get the "feck off you c@nt" treatment did he ? "FFS Paik !" was the worst i read.

Note : all of the above applies to supporting your own team. Getting on their backs so easily and so uickly isn't going to encourage them at all - it makes them play with fear. Reserve the vitriol for the opposition - we do that to mock them, to put them off their game, to help us have an advantage, to make them fearful .... and it's great ... but to do that to your own players isn't going to help at all.

I can't disagree with a word of that, Rags. I'll add to that that I don't see how booing Burke on Saturday could have possibly helped anyone but the opposition.
Make Blues Great Again
13:17, Tue 23 Apr
This incident is indicative of how broken this club is. There's been a decade and more of malaise and unprofessionalism that seeped into all corners of the club. If you're paying attention you'll have noticed Knighthead are having a proper clear out and with any luck Sanderson will be gone for a nominal fee in the summer.
Tom Brady is out there wearing a Blues pin and morons within the club itself are pissed up behind the wheel?

If it wasn't for this incident i'd say that Sanderson is a half decent centre-half considering he's just 24. He doesn't seem to be the type (yet) who wants to be the more dominant half of a centre-half pairing, but he's a decent player. Selling him for a nominal fee (based on ability) would be stupid ... 'cos you ain't going to get a better replacement of such youngish years (for a centre-half) at a "nominal fee".

Demanding that he is given away to someone else because of this incident is one thing ... but to give him away because you think he's total shite is ridiculous.
13:22, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
I can't disagree with a word of that, Rags. I'll add to that that I don't see how booing Burke on Saturday could have possibly helped anyone but the opposition.

Imagine you are one of the other players and you hear that !! You are going to think "feck, i'm not going to take any risks, i'll play it safe, perhaps even hide - otherwise they'll be giving me that treatment next"
Tam
13:28, Tue 23 Apr
Rags

Imagine you are one of the other players and you hear that !! You are going to think "feck, i'm not going to take any risks, i'll play it safe, perhaps even hide - otherwise they'll be giving me that treatment next"

Yep - it's got to give encouragement to the opposing side to hear that their opponents fans aren't behind them. Also, it must be offputting to our own players to think that one of their team mates is on the end of abuse. It might - might - make the commitment to the cause just a little less, even subconsciously. And it certainly isn't going to do the player any good, that's pretty certain.

I should add that I've got every admiration for the fans that travel week in and week out, especially with some othe terrible performances that they've witnessed, but booing our own players during a game is just wrong.
Make Blues Great Again
13:32, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.
13:33, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Thing is, you've taken an inch of what I've said and run a mile.

All I said is that I think a player is crap, which I am perfectly entitled to do and which doesn't affect him or anybody else on a matchday.

Who the eff said anything about booing the players and giving them stick on a matchday?
13:35, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Agreed it’s wrong. But from what I witnessed, a lot of boos were in frustration at Rowett picking Burke, rather just at Burke. And tbf before kick off no one could believe he’d been picked. Sometimes fans do know best. Not often but sometimes. Again I’m not condoning the booing
Tony Fantastico
13:39, Tue 23 Apr
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them
Tam
13:39, Tue 23 Apr
Seth Grayson
Thing is, you've taken an inch of what I've said and run a mile.

All I said is that I think a player is crap, which I am perfectly entitled to do and which doesn't affect him or anybody else on a matchday.

Who the eff said anything about booing the players and giving them stick on a matchday?

My comments on that weren't referring to your posts or thoughts at all.
Make Blues Great Again
13:40, Tue 23 Apr
Rags

If it wasn't for this incident i'd say that Sanderson is a half decent centre-half considering he's just 24. He doesn't seem to be the type (yet) who wants to be the more dominant half of a centre-half pairing, but he's a decent player. Selling him for a nominal fee (based on ability) would be stupid ... 'cos you ain't going to get a better replacement of such youngish years (for a centre-half) at a "nominal fee".

Demanding that he is given away to someone else because of this incident is one thing ... but to give him away because you think he's total shite is ridiculous.

I think he is fine in a system that is set up to protect our centre halves. Hence his best performances have been under JE and GR.

In my opinion he is poor aerially, very average in possession and clearly lacks leadership skills.

I don't think any team with Dion Sanderson playing as their regular centre half gains promotion from this division, add the disciplinary issues to the equation and I can understand why it wouldn’t be the worst thing if he were to leave.