11:31, Mon 29 Apr
Bluenose27
I’m just begging that Mowbray can come back, health permitting and his decision of course, cause I don’t want blues to have the headache of trying to find another manager next season.

This is my overriding feeling too. I'm certainly not part of a Rowett cult - there's absolutely no debate between those two.
11:36, Mon 29 Apr
I feel it'll be Rowett, if TM doesn't come back. (God I hope he does and is resting up nicely)
11:36, Mon 29 Apr
I dont think Rowett would even consider dropping to league 1 in total honesty.

Realistically looking at someone like Ian Evatt if Bolton dont go up. It wont be a pretty appointment.

However, if we do stay up I really think we'll have clout to attract someone decent in the championship. Perhaps even go back in for Steve Cooper or make a cheeky approach for David Moyes after he inevitably leaves West Ham.
11:40, Mon 29 Apr
I think Rowett would drop down to league one.

Not sure on Moyes at all, he's a prem level manager and has been for his whole career.

But if we stay up, I can see us attracting a Steve Cooper or a Will Still. We'll be a very attractive proposition if we stay up.

My issue is most of that attraction goes if we drop down. There's no way we hire either of the above if we drop.
11:44, Mon 29 Apr
Moyes managed Preston for years
if the owners were watching the last two games, there's no chance of it being Rowett
IF we go down, how about dangling a carrot for Paul Warne? He has superb record of getting teams promoted from L1.
I was not anti Rowett returning when he did, it seemed logical. I blame the players for being rubbish over the last two games except the obvious error he made in picking Burke.

If we are in league 1, no excuse, we absolutely have to invest in a squad that is on paper better than anything in the league. Therefore we need a manager who frankly is going to play the no fear blueprint that batters us to the top as champions in flurry of goals, records being broken left right and centre and carries us into the same attacking mindset in the Championship a year later. GR is 10000% not the manager to play that sort of football, I am not even convinced Mowbray is the right manager now for League 1 but if he is ready willing and able I am sure we all want to back him.

Rowett would walk over broken glass to manage us in League One, he'll never get a better job than that, it's still an incredibly attractive job.

I don't want him though, it would be a bad appointment
Happy Clapper
11:45, Mon 29 Apr
tandreou

Realistically looking at someone like Ian Evatt if Bolton dont go up. It wont be a pretty appointment.

However, if we do stay up I really think we'll have clout to attract someone decent in the championship. Perhaps even go back in for Steve Cooper or make a cheeky approach for David Moyes after he inevitably leaves West Ham.

I’m 100% sure he would. I think had he not got the Blues job he would have taken one in League One.
11:47, Mon 29 Apr
Rags
I get it Rags I really do, but seeing the suggestions on here, out of all of them Rowett is by far the most likely.

Cook/Gardner/Wagner know they have to appoint someone who's going to get us out of league one ASAP. They can't afford to gamble on a manager I don't think. And I don't remember the last time that nobody could come up with a realistic option for manager should we go down and Mowbray not return.

Caveating this all with the sincerest hope that Tony Fantastico does return. The only suggestion I can add is *if we stay up* I'd go back in for Steve Cooper. He's lost out on the palace job, and the stumbling blocks of no money to spend in Jan that reportedly stopped him from coming before will be removed.

There are not many managers who spring to mind who could have done a WORSE job in their approach to 3 out of our last 4 games.... Cardiff, Rotherham, Huddersfield.

Make no mistake .. if we go down it is Rowett's fault.
Yes, it wasn't his fault that we were in the position we were in, but we should have easily got 9 points from those 3 games and instead we aimed for 3 points and achieved 2 points.
Not Rowett's fault we were in the position - but definitely Rowett's fault we didn't get out of it.

.... and make no mistake, Rowett thought it would be piss easy - that's why he took the job. He's failed us and failed himself.

(and don't anyone quote anything that ROwett's ever said at me .... what Rowett says and what his real motivations are, and what he really means are completely different things)
Vote rags
Tony Fantastico
12:05, Mon 29 Apr
Tandy
NO MORE DVBS.
Vote Tandy
Tony Fantastico
12:10, Mon 29 Apr
when Rowett was appointed there was the fear that his approach of pinching a draw here and there might not be enough

maybe it would have been if we've have managed 0-0 against Cardiff

but the way we went about Rotherham and Huddersfield was the definition of 'fearful football'

there can be no way on earth having said everything that they have at Open Houses and Press Conferences about the type of football we want and need to be playing that Gary Rowett will be appointed as long term manager, they just cant do it and I dont think they'd want to
12:11, Mon 29 Apr
Rowetts dull style of accumlating draws might have been OK had we appointed him 3 weeks earlier.
12:26, Mon 29 Apr
BlueSteve
Rowetts dull style of accumlating draws might have been OK had we appointed him 3 weeks earlier.

Spot on, we all feel comfortable with doing things a certain way, familiarity, this is what Rowett feels comfortable with so it was always likely to happen. Would we have fared better with a more attack minded coach?.
Looking back a loss and a win to Rother/Hudds(3pts) would have gained an extra point than not losing (2pts), which would have left us in a better position.
Will be interesting to see how this weekend goes as the strategy must change, will it change from the start or will it change late on, I think the latter.