13:10, Sun 28 Apr
Fulham loanee Jay Stansfield, Birmingham City's top scorer this season, took exception to chants from the away end at Huddersfield

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tam
13:15, Sun 28 Apr
Fair play to the lad, and he should know that it wasn't directed at him. He was obviously hurt by it though, and the problem is with abuse or chants like this is that it gets to the players that aren't to blame as well, or really have tried their best. The frustration is understandable, of course it is, but I don't see anything wrong with him reacting angrily and IMO had absolutely no need to apologise. Football fans dish it out, and should be able to take a bit back. He's probably just as frustrated at being isolated and starved of decent service.
Make Blues Great Again
13:19, Sun 28 Apr
Tam
Tam
Fair play to the lad, and he should know that it wasn't directed at him. He was obviously hurt by it though, and the problem is with abuse or chants like this is that it gets to the players that aren't to blame as well, or really have tried their best. The frustration is understandable, of course it is, but I don't see anything wrong with him reacting angrily and IMO had absolutely no need to apologise. Football fans dish it out, and should be able to take a bit back. He's probably just as frustrated at being isolated and starved of decent service.

Exactly - not blaming anyone in this - fans or Jay. If people weren't angry and frustrated, it would mean they don't give a toss 👍
Up the feckin Blues
13:20, Sun 28 Apr
Tam
Tam

Agree, I think the reaction from him is because he has such a good attitude - he clearly cares deeply. Anyone who got offended needs to give their head a wobble.
13:32, Sun 28 Apr
I have no problem with fans getting after the players, the majority have been awful, don’t have the right attitude or character, and have really let the club down. Thankfully a lot will be gone and we’ll never have to see them wearing our shirt again.

But of course, there are a select few that can hold their head high no matter what happens, and Stansfield is one of them.
13:38, Sun 28 Apr
Tam
Don’t know what he did but I’m pretty sure no apology was necessary
13:39, Sun 28 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

The clip I saw was him kicking a ball in the direction of the fans, before walking off with the rest of the team.
13:55, Sun 28 Apr
MNafti
I have no problem with fans getting after the players, the majority have been awful, don’t have the right attitude or character, and have really let the club down. Thankfully a lot will be gone and we’ll never have to see them wearing our shirt again.

But of course, there are a select few that can hold their head high no matter what happens, and Stansfield is one of them.
Agree with this. Out of a squad as big as we have he is one of literally 3 or 4 I would honestly be sorry to see go.
He obviously won’t be here next year, and that is such a shame, but he has given his all in every game, despite being given so little support from his team all season.
He should feel nothing but personal pride for his season
13:59, Sun 28 Apr
Snoop
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

The clip I saw was him kicking a ball in the direction of the fans, before walking off with the rest of the team.

Sounds like our standard attacking play..
14:02, Sun 28 Apr
A bit of a nothing story, blown out of all proportion.
14:37, Sun 28 Apr
Snoop
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Well that’s where most of our shots end up 😪
16:45, Sun 28 Apr
Rowett has his work cut out to raise their enthusiasm after being subjected to that reception..I'm expecting a not bothered attitude next Saturday.
16:52, Sun 28 Apr
Fulham loanee Jay Stansfield, Birmingham City's top scorer this season, took exception to chants from the away end at Huddersfield

Not one poster on here has considered that Stansfield may have been angry about the accusation being made against all the players ... and angry about the chant itself .. not only about himself
Tam
17:01, Sun 28 Apr
Rags

Not one poster on here has considered that Stansfield may have been angry about the accusation being made against all the players ... and angry about the chant itself .. not only about himself

Yep - that's a fair point. I didn't mention it on this topic, but made a similar point re: booing Oli Burke last week, although it's slightly different as it was picking on an individual. I can't imagine that booing a team mate is going sit well with players. In fact, Stansfield would have every reason to think that it wasn't directed at him, although he's picked up on critical stuff about him previously.

He may well have been angry about his team mates being chanted at in this way, you're right. Whether we want to or not, we've got to support these players this week and right up until the end of the game on Saturday. Giving them abuse is more likely to provide a 'feck you' attitude as I think I wrote on another thread.
Make Blues Great Again
17:09, Sun 28 Apr
Rags

That’s pretty much what I said on Facebook. They’re a team and will take the result as a team - so, when abuse is dished out at a few of them, they will assume it’s at them as a team - he was reacting against the abuse at his teammates