17:23, Sun 28 Apr
Tam
Well if it creates a 'feck you' attitude back to the fans.... Well that's fine 'feck them'. We can all move on then. Never got on board with the idea that fans shouldn't boo the players that have been poor. If they have any sense then the ones who who don't deserve to be be boo'd should know that it's not aimed at them. But if the team as a whole is serving up the dross that we have had to witness this season, then expect a fair amount of verbal from the crowd. They can sort the finger pointing out between them in the dressing room or training pitch.
Tam
17:27, Sun 28 Apr
Llanon_joe
Well if it creates a 'feck you' attitude back to the fans.... Well that's fine 'feck them'. We can all move on then. Never got on board with the idea that fans shouldn't boo the players that have been poor. If they have any sense then the ones who who don't deserve to be be boo'd should know that it's not aimed at them. But if the team as a whole is serving up the dross that we have had to witness this season, then expect a fair amount of verbal from the crowd. They can sort the finger pointing out between them in the dressing room or training pitch.

Yes, fine if that's what you want - each to their own. Personally, I'd prefer it if we supported the players until the final whistle of the season - see it as helping them to help us if you like, no matter what you might be thinking. One thing's for sure though - abusing them isn't going to be helpful to us fans.
Make Blues Great Again
17:45, Sun 28 Apr
Our support is utter dog…t. at times

I thought you could tell looking at the players faces as they came out in the next home game after the sunderland sell out (against southampton i believe) to all those empty seats they were let down. I honestly feel if we’d sold out all of our home games after…southampton, boro, cardiff we wouldn’t be here now.

Teams need encouragement & support even when they play badly. Their have been times especially this season when i’ve been raging at individuals laird yesterday, beilik in the cov game, sanderson & burke take your pick. It’s one thing coming on a message board for a rant but another thing booing players especially during the game ala burke last week, useless feck that he is he didnt deserve that, but hay ho as i’ve said before sometimes you get the team you deserve.
17:51, Sun 28 Apr
Nothing to apologise about. Fans were angry because they care about the club. Good to see you were angry as well. Let’s channel that anger into the final game, beat Norwich and then celebrate survival.
18:00, Sun 28 Apr
BluenoseMo
Rags
Fulham loanee Jay Stansfield, Birmingham City's top scorer this season, took exception to chants from the away end at Huddersfield

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Not one poster on here has considered that Stansfield may have been angry about the accusation being made against all the players ... and angry about the chant itself .. not only about himself

That’s pretty much what I said on Facebook. They’re a team and will take the result as a team - so, when abuse is dished out at a few of them, they will assume it’s at them as a team - he was reacting against the abuse at his teammates

looked like to me the way he kicked the ball he was taking exception to being included in those chants cos he's top scorer and all that. he didn't need to apologise and him doing it plus the admin sticking it on social has just opened a wound and allowed a bigger pile on to the rest of hte players.
18:07, Sun 28 Apr
johnnyspex
Our support is utter dog…t. at times

I thought you could tell looking at the players faces as they came out in the next home game after the sunderland sell out (against southampton i believe) to all those empty seats they were let down. I honestly feel if we’d sold out all of our home games after…southampton, boro, cardiff we wouldn’t be here now.

Teams need encouragement & support even when they play badly. Their have been times especially this season when i’ve been raging at individuals laird yesterday, beilik in the cov game, sanderson & burke take your pick. It’s one thing coming on a message board for a rant but another thing booing players especially during the game ala burke last week, useless feck that he is he didnt deserve that, but hay ho as i’ve said before sometimes you get the team you deserve.

Tbf the home form isn't the reason we'd be going down as we've done pretty well at home and could have a slightly better record than Hull and coventry who are closest to play offs.

It's been the shocking away form where, by all accounts, the away support is always fantastic and even a reprieve from the home atmosphere during the Rooney stint.

Blaming the fans in any capacity let alone a major/most significant contributor is a cop out.
20:18, Sun 28 Apr
Whilst talking about Stansfield the interesting sub plot is that he will be determined to relegate Plymouth.

They all seem justifiable paranoid that the lad is going to do them..
22:52, Sun 28 Apr
Llanon_joe

Rightly or wrongly they might be upset because they feel it's them getting the flack when they were let down by the owners for the managerial merry go round and subsequent lack of consistency they have had to suffer, chiefly the sacking of Eustace who they apparently liked working for.
00:02, Mon 29 Apr
Rags
Fulham loanee Jay Stansfield, Birmingham City's top scorer this season, took exception to chants from the away end at Huddersfield

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Not one poster on here has considered that Stansfield may have been angry about the accusation being made against all the players ... and angry about the chant itself .. not only about himself

Yeah, it's pretty obvious. The "You're not fit to wear the shirt" chant was completely out of line. There hasn't been a lack of effort by any of them IMO. I'm quite ashamed by the whole thing. Got to hope the players react positively at Norwich.
00:25, Mon 29 Apr
Agree with that. People have there different opinions mine is that chant was out of order. As you said I don’t think efforts been the problem.

With two or three exceptions the side has relatively little Championship experience and it’s showed.
08:27, Mon 29 Apr
I’m probably glad I can’t get tickets to away games as the ones that do go carry an awful of idiots
08:34, Mon 29 Apr
I wonder if it was those saintly, salt of the earth platinum members or the absolute scum, bottom feeding OSC members who started the chant? I know who my moneys on.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:35, Mon 29 Apr
It’s quite a mainstream view, that the players don’t try and are all w******s who don’t care

They rarely name names, and when they do it’s mostly players who never play.

All a bit silly really, though I get people feel they need to vent, it does seem misplaced imo
Happy Clapper
08:58, Mon 29 Apr
I’ve said all along they definitely try and care. There’s no lack of effort. I just think as a collective, as a team, we’re just not very good. Also, the players seem to have a knack to just switch off, make basic mistakes and errors that keep happening. People can blame managers all they want, and Rooney, Venus, rowett all have shares of the blame, but they can’t dictate for players continuing to get the basics of football wrong.

Now I don’t think all that means they don’t care, moreso that they’re just not very good players, which is fine, it is what it is. The bigger problem for me then knowing that is the people who assembled them.
09:16, Mon 29 Apr
I think it's somewhere in between, there will be players that will always be error prone, but you can mitigate against it, and help them, that after all is the managers job, to get the best out of the squad at his disposal, to fix issues, not create them.

We barely conceded chances under Eustace, our defensive record under Rowett is good. Rooney got it spectacularly wrong at both ends, a complete mess.
Happy Clapper