15:34, Mon 6 May
Keen to not dwell on the fact we'll be playing Burton Albion next season, I've started looking at players we could be trying to get in for the new season.

I've generally had a look at the young blood around who we might be able to entice. Will definitely need some experienced heads in there too. So far I've got:

Players Out of Contract:
Karl Hein (GK) 22
Harrison Burrows (LB) 22
Dan Kemp (AM) 25
Antony Evans (AM) 25
Ruel Sotiriou (F) 23

Players in Contract:
Lukas Jensen (GK) 25 (1 year)
Bosun Lawal (CB) 20 (2 years - sell the project)
Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (RW) 21 (3 years - loan option)
Macauley Langstaff (F) 27 (3 years - no harm trying!)
15:48, Mon 6 May
Cameron Brannagan, at Oxford, 27 years old, got the highest average rating for any player in League 1 last year. Experienced, works hard, can pass and tackle. 11 man of match awards last year, 12 goals, 9 assists, be a good addition to central midfield.
16:05, Mon 6 May
WreckTangle
Keen to not dwell on the fact we'll be playing Burton Albion next season, I've started looking at players we could be trying to get in for the new season.

I've generally had a look at the young blood around who we might be able to entice. Will definitely need some experienced heads in there too. So far I've got:

Players Out of Contract:
Karl Hein (GK) 22
Harrison Burrows (LB) 22
Dan Kemp (AM) 25
Antony Evans (AM) 25
Ruel Sotiriou (F) 23

Players in Contract:

Harrison Burrows would be a great signing. Free as well!

Sam Tickle from Wigan as it looks as though we will need two goalkeepers.

Aside from that I have no clue where we are shopping and no idea if we will be able to convince quality players to drop in to League 1.
16:10, Mon 6 May
Would Wigan sell to a promotion rival? he's a great keeper and I'd love that - suppose we'll see just how much of a draw 'The Project' is.
Up the feckin Blues
16:10, Mon 6 May
Burrows is good on the ball, but he's 5ft 6

I think we need more height, I'd rather play Longelo over him.
18:21, Mon 6 May
Roman
WreckTangle

Players Out of Contract:
Karl Hein (GK) 22
Harrison Burrows (LB) 22
Dan Kemp (AM) 25
Antony Evans (AM) 25
Ruel Sotiriou (F) 23

Players in Contract:

Harrison Burrows would be a great signing. Free as well!

Sam Tickle from Wigan as it looks as though we will need two goalkeepers.

Aside from that I have no clue where we are shopping and no idea if we will be able to convince quality players to drop in to League 1.
We’d have to pay compensation for Burrows if he leaves at the end of his contract
Tony Fantastico
18:25, Mon 6 May
Is Burrows any better than Buchanan?

I wanna see us make a statement signing, Langstaff straight away, there’s your 25 goal man.
David Xavis
Is Burrows any better than Buchanan?

I wanna see us make a statement signing, Langstaff straight away, there’s your 25 goal man.

I don’t think that’s a statement signing. I think it’s easily achievable. A statement signing would be lifting Rak-Sakyi or someone out of the premier league.

I’d be careful with Langstaff. Never scored goals above league two. He’s a very interesting example actually. Fantastic record I’m the last few years but he’s 27, will want a 3 year feel, they’ll want £3-4m for him and we have no idea if he’ll score goals in the championship if we get promoted. Might be good but you’d need a lot of scouting to be sure.
He could be worth the risk. We need minimum 3 strikers anyway, so if he’s not up to it, hopefully one of the other 2 are.
19:08, Mon 6 May
Langstaff is 100% worth the (small imo) risk.

I’ve seen him a few times, he would score hatfuls in a Blues team dominating League One playing good football.
19:14, Mon 6 May
Felix1875
Cameron Brannagan, at Oxford, 27 years old, got the highest average rating for any player in League 1 last year. Experienced, works hard, can pass and tackle. 11 man of match awards last year, 12 goals, 9 assists, be a good addition to central midfield.

This sounds like my CM 01/02 strategy.

- Player/Staff Search

- Add filter- under 30

- Sort by- AVG rating
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
I would keep Ruddy as a back up now we've gone down.

I know we need a clean sweep but the relegation changes things and some good, wise heads to stay works for me. Also means we don't need to sign as many players.

I would 100% keep Ruddy and Juke just for the dressing room this season.

If we've learned anything from this season it's that characters are important.

I'd also trigger Anderson's option, he'll be one of the best players in the league and can go once we're promoted.
H

19:17, Mon 6 May
Tandy
Langstaff is 100% worth the (small imo) risk.

I’ve seen him a few times, he would score hatfuls in a Blues team dominating League One playing good football.

Fair enough. Can’t pretend I’ve seen him sufficiently to judge.
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I would keep Ruddy as a back up now we've gone down.

I know we need a clean sweep but the relegation changes things and some good, wise heads to stay works for me. Also means we don't need to sign as many players.

I would 100% keep Ruddy and Juke just for the dressing room this season.

If we've learned anything from this season it's that characters are important.

I'd also trigger Anderson's option, he'll be one of the best players in the league and can go once we're promoted.

Anderson yes.

Ruddy and Juke absolutely not.

Ruddy because you can’t have a reserve keeper with a totally different style to what you want to play. They want a keeper who’s good with their feet.

Jukey is too often injured and it’s just time to move on.
Is Juke injured that much? The last decade of shit has blurred into one but it feels like he's had one big injury this season but generally just not suited the style.

Given how often a number 2 keeper actually plays, I don't see the issue with saving some resources and keeping a proper old head leader like Ruddy. I really don't see us being particularly expansive at the back in this division out of pragmatism.

I hold my hands up with Juke, it's 90% sentimental with a dash of logic.
H