Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Tandy
Langstaff is 100% worth the (small imo) risk.

I’ve seen him a few times, he would score hatfuls in a Blues team dominating League One playing good football.

Fair enough. Can’t pretend I’ve seen him sufficiently to judge.

I feel like Langstaff would be our version of a Peterborough striker signing.

In fact, we should just hire people to follow their scouts and rifle through their bins to find out the striker they want next.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
19:22, Mon 6 May
What about Rudoni and Nakayama at Huddersfield or Johannson at Rotherham
19:25, Mon 6 May
Just took a look at Langstaff (admittedly on Youtube). Scored lots of goals but none of them involved beating a man or hitting it from outside the box. Too short to be target man and doesn't look fast/skillfull enough to create chances himself. Good finisher when others make something happen and he's given a couple of yards in the 18 yard box, looks like a League 1 Scott Hogan to me... happy to be proven wrong.
19:25, Mon 6 May
In a Tony Mowbray team that equals goals galore to be fair.
H

19:26, Mon 6 May
Fraser Horsfall from Stockport.

Big centre back always looked handy. Wouldn't mind signing him as one of our lumps.

Better captain material than Sanderson too.
19:34, Mon 6 May
When has Hogan ever scored a goal every 120 minutes in an entire season?
19:40, Mon 6 May
Jamie Cumming
Cameron Brannagan
Kwame Poku
Luca Connell
Macaulay Langstaff
Tyrese Campbell

All realistic.
19:45, Mon 6 May
Johannson will go to a Championship team
19:45, Mon 6 May
Felix1875
Cameron Brannagan, at Oxford, 27 years old, got the highest average rating for any player in League 1 last year. Experienced, works hard, can pass and tackle. 11 man of match awards last year, 12 goals, 9 assists, be a good addition to central midfield.

Linked Image
Sheev Palpatine
Johannson will go to a Championship team

Not convinced he's that good. Just kept very busy.
H

20:00, Mon 6 May
Tandy
When has Hogan ever scored a goal every 120 minutes in an entire season?

I don't think he has, but if Hogan would have been the striker playing every game in the League 2 Notts County team for the last couple of seasons, then I think he might have.
20:10, Mon 6 May
David Xavis
Is Burrows any better than Buchanan?

I wanna see us make a statement signing, Langstaff straight away, there’s your 25 goal man.

Is Buchanan going to play in league 1?
20:16, Mon 6 May
JourneyOn
David Xavis
Is Burrows any better than Buchanan?

I wanna see us make a statement signing, Langstaff straight away, there’s your 25 goal man.

Is Buchanan going to play in league 1?

If we say so yes.
20:16, Mon 6 May
David Xavis

A mostly non league clogger who's had one season in league football at the age of 27 who we'd have to pay a significant fee for with absolutely no guarantee he could step up one league, let alone be any use in the championship the season after.

Some 'statement'...
The cold never bothered me anyway
20:19, Mon 6 May
Langstaff seems absolutely worth the risk. I'm more worried he might go to a championship club.

In terms of the giving other players contracts discussion - I'd 100% keep Ruddy and Juke.

We've got basically a full squad rebuild on. Let's not try make more work for us than is necessary. We currently have NO strikers and NO keepers on the books.

Ruddy spoke like a leader in his interviews recently, and seems like he tried his best to dig players out for their low standards. If he's willing to take a backup GK role for a year I'd absolutely take him to set the standards and demands, and keep some consistency.

Jutkiewicz looks like he just worked his absolute bollocks off to get back fit just to potentially have an impact on us staying up. He's an absolute warrior, and a role model. We should absolutely be keeping him for another year. May I remind anyone saying no - we currently have NO strikers on the books. We might want 3 or 4. Why not give him a year?

I wouldn't give them any longer by the way. But let's not give ourselves too much of a rebuild to do. They're not the players at fault by any means.