KRO1970
I'm confused - are Gary and Robbo still at the club or have they left?

No one knows, they're Schrödinger's football coaches at the minute.
09:51, Thu 9 May
KRO1970

As far as I know this is the situation.

John left in October.
Wayne came in October
Wayne left in January
Steve came in for a bit in January.
Tony came in January.
Tony left temporarily in February.
Mark already in took over in February.
Mark left in March.
Gary came in March
Gary left in May.

But apparently Gary may not have left in May after all. This may or may not be true.
09:51, Thu 9 May
Broadly, I think 1 communication will be released when there is clarity on Mowbray - you can't acknowledge Rowett leaving without definitive info on Mowbray (notwithstanding last weeks statement).

So it'll be "thanks to villa Rowett & see ya - don't come back" plus either "Tony will resume duties & be back for 1st day of pre-season" or "Tony isn't returning and a search is already underway"
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
09:52, Thu 9 May
Can we blame a linesman for all these appointments ?
09:55, Thu 9 May
Scoobers
Can we blame a linesman for all these appointments ?

If VAR had existed all decisions would’ve been upheld.
09:56, Thu 9 May
KRO1970

Two answers yes or no, its like the hokey cokey.
Hoping to hear something official in the next few days, I don't like uncertainty.
10:01, Thu 9 May
Louie Donowa
Broadly, I think 1 communication will be released when there is clarity on Mowbray - you can't acknowledge Rowett leaving without definitive info on Mowbray (notwithstanding last weeks statement).

So it'll be "thanks to villa Rowett & see ya - don't come back" plus either "Tony will resume duties & be back for 1st day of pre-season" or "Tony isn't returning and a search is already underway"

Something like this yeah I'd imagine. The club will be sorting this behind the scenes, I want it sorted ASAP but that's just me being impatient. Club will announce it when they know
10:09, Thu 9 May
Louie Donowa

They might even have the new manager ready to announce if it is someone out of contract. Regardless of the Mowbray health position we should be keeping a few options on the radar as part of the succession planning - if one of those is available then we could move fast if Mowbray does decide not to come back/ can't get medically cleared.
10:19, Thu 9 May
Agree - there are smart people at the club & I'm sure they've been planning for that eventuality since March.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
13:29, Thu 9 May
What is the difficulty people are having with this?
Gary Rowett was brought in as interim manager for the last 8 games only. We have played the last 8 games. Therefore, Gary is no longer manager.
The club even issued a statement:
"The timeline of Rowett’s tenure remains the same as when he was appointed in March. He will oversee the Men’s First Team for the final game of the Sky Bet Championship season against Norwich City on Saturday.

"Tony Mowbray remains the Club’s First Team Manager and the football club expects everyone to remain respectful of his circumstance.".

Shall I get the Janet and John books?
Tam
13:33, Thu 9 May
Bluemusic
What is the difficulty people are having with this?
Gary Rowett was brought in as interim manager for the last 8 games only. We have played the last 8 games. Therefore, Gary is no longer manager.
The club even issued a statement:
"The timeline of Rowett’s tenure remains the same as when he was appointed in March. He will oversee the Men’s First Team for the final game of the Sky Bet Championship season against Norwich City on Saturday.

"Tony Mowbray remains the Club’s First Team Manager and the football club expects everyone to remain respectful of his circumstance.".

Shall I get the Janet and John books?

I think that most people understand it. It's a statement that reflected the club's position at that time. This will hopefully remain the same going forward, but it's worded in such a way that if circumstances change, then it's not committed to the future.
Make Blues Great Again
14:13, Thu 9 May
Tam
It's a statement that should have read

"None of us know if we're having a shit, shave, or haircut"
14:19, Thu 9 May
Until the club confirm Mowbray is returning for Pre-Season then the speculation and rumour will continue

The latest communication says that he remains the Blues manager, it doesn't say he's returning for next season, it says the football club "expects everyone to remain respectful of his circumstance", which certainly doesn't read like a confirmation of his return

Hopefully we get clarity in the coming weeks
Happy Clapper
15:46, Thu 9 May
We were updated last week. They aren't going to send out weekly updates on something that hasn't changed.

The incessant need to be continuously communicated to is a bit odd.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
15:59, Thu 9 May
Ser Tait
We were updated last week. They aren't going to send out weekly updates on something that hasn't changed.

The incessant need to be continuously communicated to is a bit odd.

I was replying to the insinuation that we already know what will happen and therefore no update is going to be required. I was also giving my explanation as to why rumour and speculation still exists.

I haven't asked for an update, just giving my opinion that there will be one, and yeah, I think it'll come in the next few weeks, there will need to be one at some point.
Happy Clapper