Mister Mutley
Agree he was combative and we lacked that sometimes.

He wasn’t a bad player either despite what some say we had him at the later part of his career.

I’m not sure his and Rowetts appointment would be that well received. But if TM didn’t com back we could do worse they’d be organised and hard to beat.
We could do much better as well.
I can’t believe people are entertaining the idea
Tony Fantastico
Hope Rowett is not next manager. I think he would get us promoted but the football would be crap. Then the following season what we do ?
08:31, Thu 9 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Mister Mutley

He wasn’t a bad player either despite what some say we had him at the later part of his career.

I’m not sure his and Rowetts appointment would be that well received. But if TM didn’t com back we could do worse they’d be organised and hard to beat.

Be organised and hard to beat in league one, just the mentality we should have. Not like we will have the biggest budget and be able to get the best players or anything.
08:46, Thu 9 May
mjd2505
a man who captained our club and was (mostly) well loved a few years ago.

I'm sure the 'pashun, gerrit forward' crowd loved him.

The rest of us didn't.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:00, Thu 9 May
He played to the best of his abilities and worked hard for us. Don't get why people hate him. Same with Rowett and JE. It's fine to think their limitations make them not good enough but the visceral hatred people have for them is just weird.
Robbo had history with DJ the shirt chucker. That wasn’t what bothered me tbh. Him shifting blame onto usually younger, less experienced players he should have been protecting from criticism is the thing that got on my tits with him
Tony Fantastico
Royale Blue FEA
Appointing Rowett would be like an admission that they should have just kept Eustace, which would make them look ridiculous, stupid and absurd to me and I don't wan't that to happen.

I think all this widespread talk of new managers by our fans while the clubs official line is that Tony is coming back is very very disrespectful to the whole situation. It isn't helping and in fact it probably makes it easier for Tony to just pack it in if he were ever to find his way on here or elsewhere to see how people are talking.

I dont think thats true tbf. Fans on the whole really want mowbray to come back and hence are worried about his health. if his health is poor he wont come back, if its good he will come back.

there will always be speculation one way or another and in this case i dont think its disrespectful towards mowbray because people generally want mowbray back and not rowett or someone else, so in this instance its quite healthy praise for mowbray.

i agree though that the people for some reason that want rowett to stay or want another manager are being disrespectful

im sure mowbray is gutted the team got relegated and feels some sort of responsibility for it, which of course he shouldnt and will want to make amends.

without a doubt, we stay up comfortably if mowbray was not ill, but shit happens, its life. nothing could be done about it, health comes first.

i'm sure hes savvy enough to not waste his time on social media like me and just concentrate on getting better.

How did you cope with the 280 character limit on twitter?
Spot on.

I championed Rowett coming back and really thought he'd do the job. He failed. Let's move on.

Last time Rowett had a big budget and one the strongest teams in the league he was sacked after 6 months. He's also never achieved a promotion.

I've always been uncertain about Paul Robinson. He has 'passion' and I don't doubt he'd be able to motivate some types of players however he doesn't take responsibility for his own actions and strikes me as a moron.

I can imagine him on a lads holiday drinking a bottle of Sol and punching someone from behind and hiding behind his mates, the gimp.

Let's just get Paul Cook in.
09:06, Thu 9 May
Rasputin
mjd2505
a man who captained our club and was (mostly) well loved a few years ago.

I'm sure the 'pashun, gerrit forward' crowd loved him.

The rest of us didn't.

Just thinking back to his last game where he was serenaded by the crowd and gave an emotional speech about the support he'd got.

Wasn't on this forum at the time, but I'm genuinely surprised there's so many people who have such a strong dislike for him on here. I wonder how representative that really is
09:07, Thu 9 May
Mainly because he was a bully.

Also, something that gets forgotten is during the season we stayed up under Redknapp, he got beaten by Agb***hor for their winner, then kicked out at fresh air but caught a player (James Chester?) earning a 3-game suspension so he had to miss the Huddersfield & Bristol City games.

It was the closest he got to any villa player all day, but arguably his suspension did us a favour.

This photo sums him up...

Linked Image
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
09:25, Thu 9 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Mister Mutley

Being organised and hard to beat doesn't sound like the basis for automatic promotion in a division where you are the biggest club.

Everyone we play will be setting up to be organised and hard to beat - we need a manager, and players, who can break that down. We have to want the ball and know how to use it to pick defensive teams apart, not sure Rowett has ever gone through a season doing that. He certainly failed to against Rotherham and Huddersfield.
09:27, Thu 9 May
It’d be like Liverpool appointing Sean Dyche to replace Klopp
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
It’d be like Liverpool appointing Sean Dyche to replace Klopp

Now that would have been hilarious. A bit like when Rafa rocked up at Everton.
09:37, Thu 9 May
I'm confused - are Gary and Robbo still at the club or have they left?
09:48, Thu 9 May
KRO1970
I'm confused - are Gary and Robbo still at the club or have they left?

Nobody really knows. Technically they've probably left, given Rowett's interim tenure was until the final game of the season. It's just slightly confusing as the club haven't said anything confirming they've left, even a thanks for the efforts which despite being relegated, I think I was expecting.