Rab C Nesbitt
mjd2505
AmyT-FEA
And I’m sure we will. If it ever gets to the point Mowbray can’t return.

People are acting like he’s retired and we’ve been without a manager for six weeks. It is four days after the end of the season.

Think the concern is more that we could be waiting and then miss out on top managers because we waited.

I'd hope that the club know Mowbray's situation privately and are planning accordingly - whether that's for him to be in charge or for him to step away. We've been as respectful as we can be, the club needs to make sure they are now planning for league one and getting the best manager in has to be top priority.

But that doesn't mean we necessarily need to know about it until there's anything for the club to announce. As impatient as I am and would like to know, if there's no update there's simply no update.
I honestly think if he’s not coming back they’ll announce it with Mowbray’s blessing and would want to do that asap. Wagner is respected businessman. He knows the score

I agree, that's my hope too. Just please don't try being "too respectful" about it and give him longer than we can afford.

My wet dream is Mowbray doing a video announcement for the season ticket prices, simultaneously announcing he's staying.
11:39, Wed 8 May
mjd2505
AmyT-FEA

People are acting like he’s retired and we’ve been without a manager for six weeks. It is four days after the end of the season.

Think the concern is more that we could be waiting and then miss out on top managers because we waited.

I'd hope that the club know Mowbray's situation privately and are planning accordingly - whether that's for him to be in charge or for him to step away. We've been as respectful as we can be, the club needs to make sure they are now planning for league one and getting the best manager in has to be top priority.

But that doesn't mean we necessarily need to know about it until there's anything for the club to announce. As impatient as I am and would like to know, if there's no update there's simply no update.

We already have a top manager.

No point whatsoever looking for another one unless we get told our one isn’t coming back. Doing so would be wildly disrespectful to Mowbray on the clubs part.
11:47, Wed 8 May
AmyT-FEA
mjd2505
AmyT-FEA

We already have a top manager.

No point whatsoever looking for another one unless we get told our one isn’t coming back. Doing so would be wildly disrespectful to Mowbray on the clubs part.

We do already have a top manager. But if he decides or it's decided for him that he is unable to continue, we will need to replace him with another top manager, and will need to do so ASAP.

If the club believe he is coming back, even privately no matter what they announce externally, then there's no need and I agree it'd be disrespectful. But contingency planning in this case I don't think would be the worst thing.
13:20, Wed 8 May
yeehaw
SHAKRO
FGS. Thats why its important to let the fans know whats going on.

If its the case that the board actually do not know the timeframe if mowbray comes back or not, then we have to cut our losses.

This is a cut throat business and a manager needs to be announced soon or what the situation with mowbray is, but please not rowett.

I didnt want him on a interim basis, and i dont want him now.

I'm sure when they know about TM, we will know pretty soon after mate. They haven't signed him to 3-year deal without telling us.

yeh the uncertainty arises from some fans saying that the club havent made a formal statement about rowett leaving i.e. by saying thank you for taking on the job and bye etc etc.

personally failure doesnt warrant praise imo but some fans are seeing this as a sign he may stay on.

i know TM is unwell but if hes really unwell and got something akin to the 'C' word, I cant see him staying because that will require constant treatment and a long time to get better
13:33, Wed 8 May
Royale Blue FEA
Appointing Rowett would be like an admission that they should have just kept Eustace, which would make them look ridiculous, stupid and absurd to me and I don't wan't that to happen.

I think all this widespread talk of new managers by our fans while the clubs official line is that Tony is coming back is very very disrespectful to the whole situation. It isn't helping and in fact it probably makes it easier for Tony to just pack it in if he were ever to find his way on here or elsewhere to see how people are talking.

I dont think thats true tbf. Fans on the whole really want mowbray to come back and hence are worried about his health. if his health is poor he wont come back, if its good he will come back.

there will always be speculation one way or another and in this case i dont think its disrespectful towards mowbray because people generally want mowbray back and not rowett or someone else, so in this instance its quite healthy praise for mowbray.

i agree though that the people for some reason that want rowett to stay or want another manager are being disrespectful

im sure mowbray is gutted the team got relegated and feels some sort of responsibility for it, which of course he shouldnt and will want to make amends.

without a doubt, we stay up comfortably if mowbray was not ill, but shit happens, its life. nothing could be done about it, health comes first.

i'm sure hes savvy enough to not waste his time on social media like me and just concentrate on getting better.
13:36, Wed 8 May
Exactly this i sat there for 18 months with my arms folded bored stiff even when we won it was rubbish to watch please put us out of our misery and say thanks Mr rowett but no thanks .
13:47, Wed 8 May
El Mayor
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
SHAKRO

If its the case that the board actually do not know the timeframe if mowbray comes back or not, then we have to cut our losses.

This is a cut throat business and a manager needs to be announced soon or what the situation with mowbray is, but please not rowett.

Situation is, as I understand, that TM is due back for pre season in July. Unless you hear anything to the contrary from the club, officially - just ignore all the noise. Most of it is just wannabe ITK'ers.

I think it's hard to understand for people sometimes, but until there are further updates then the club can't say anything. It's partly why I got wound up by that statement last week, because it just adds expectation from fans for more statements when there isn't news.

Exactly Dan. If nothing has changed, or maybe the situation is still a bit 'up in the air' then what is the club expected to do?
I do get why people are anxious, but blimey, patience seems to be a disappearing virtue.
Up the feckin Blues
13:49, Wed 8 May
bluebone
Exactly this i sat there for 18 months with my arms folded bored stiff even when we won it was rubbish to watch please put us out of our misery and say thanks Mr rowett but no thanks .

What if they can't yet? I think the silence speaks volumes personally, but that's pure conjecture on my part. I'm sure when the club CAN announce something on the situation, they will.
Up the feckin Blues
Announcing Rowett is gone is directly tied to announcing what's happening with Mowbray. You can't really do one without the other because it will invite a bunch of questions and however they choose answer them, it'll create speculation.
14:02, Wed 8 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
SHAKRO

Situation is, as I understand, that TM is due back for pre season in July. Unless you hear anything to the contrary from the club, officially - just ignore all the noise. Most of it is just wannabe ITK'ers.

Dont you think being back just before pre season in july is really late?

I thought the message was generally TM will be back before pre-season indicating it could be may or june he comes back?

I could be wrong with that assumption.

i know some people are saying we dont need a manager until pre season, but i believe that is really late.
some people are saying he will be on the phone in contact so his presence isnt needed, but even when TM goes on his holidays he will be on the phone to the club anyway, as you do when you live the life of a football manager

someone in this thread cut the cold hard truth, TM will know if hes coming back or not by the way he feels, so a decision will be need to be made soon.

I can ensure you as we speak, even though people will be going on their hols at some point. steve evans of rotherham and the wrexham duo will planning the coming season already with their respective managers and if we dont know if this is TM or not, then we are already playing catch up.

July is far too late imo.
Yep 👍
Up the feckin Blues
14:08, Wed 8 May
number8
Shouldn't doesn't really count though these days for most. World has changed around information and demand, most companies can't get away without issuing regular updates these days, either internally or externally.

If it was January I don't think anyone would be bothered. But we just went down at seasons end and we have, arguably, the biggest close season re-shape we have ever needed on the horizon. I can understand the concern.

agreed
14:35, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
SHAKRO

Dont you think being back just before pre season in july is really late?

I thought the message was generally TM will be back before pre-season indicating it could be may or june he comes back?

I could be wrong with that assumption.

i know some people are saying we dont need a manager until pre season, but i believe that is really late.
some people are saying he will be on the phone in contact so his presence isnt needed, but even when TM goes on his holidays he will be on the phone to the club anyway, as you do when you live the life of a football manager

someone in this thread cut the cold hard truth, TM will know if hes coming back or not by the way he feels, so a decision will be need to be made soon.

I can ensure you as we speak, even though people will be going on their hols at some point. steve evans of rotherham and the wrexham duo will planning the coming season already with their respective managers and if we dont know if this is TM or not, then we are already playing catch up.

July is far too late imo.

Listening to this today made me realise whoever is managing us is going to have a fight to win the league.

So on that point I think you’re right we risk starting from behind by losing out on freebies…..

[x.com]
14:43, Wed 8 May
I agree, that's my hope too. Just please don't try being "too respectful" about it and give him longer than we can afford.

My wet dream is Mowbray doing a video announcement for the season ticket prices, simultaneously announcing he's staying.

Mines Margot Robbie in a bubble bath. Mad.
14:45, Wed 8 May
Petebaldwin
Announcing Rowett is gone is directly tied to announcing what's happening with Mowbray. You can't really do one without the other because it will invite a bunch of questions and however they choose answer them, it'll create speculation.
One thing I know from being ill is timelines change.
People’s recovery times aren’t the same. Complications can happen etc. plus he may be subject to tests/be waiting on results etc. He may even being spoke to about transfer plans. We don’t know because he and the club don’t want us to know. That’s the key for me. We don’t need to know right now.
I just hope recovers to live another couple of decades Atleast living life to the full doing what he chooses. Not what us nosey bastards want him to do yesterday, today and tomorrow
Tony Fantastico