13:53, Thu 23 May
montypenguin
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
montypenguin
Agreed. Who has authorised this, Craig Gardener?

Can we wait til we sign the player first before criticising them for doing it without a manager? Christ.

Don’t sign strikers moan

Signing striker moan

🤦‍♂️😂

That's ridiculous. No ones moaning, and he looks the right type. I'm just curious who is in charge at the moment?

I suppose recruitment will be based on philosophy, most clubs operate that way now tbf, managers rarely get a say do they, look at Poch he wanted an input and got told to pack his bags.

Very good signing, 20yr old with bags of potential, just what we should be doing, hope it’s true and come off.
13:56, Thu 23 May
montypenguin
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
montypenguin

Can we wait til we sign the player first before criticising them for doing it without a manager? Christ.

Don’t sign strikers moan

Signing striker moan

🤦‍♂️😂

That's ridiculous. No ones moaning, and he looks the right type. I'm just curious who is in charge at the moment?

To be fair, this does read like moaning to me -

Now I know I'm old fashioned but should we not be getting the new manager in place first before we get in players he does or not want.

13:56, Thu 23 May
Never seen him play, but based purely on football manager stats (which clearly should be used for all purchases, it has a better success rate than most 'technical directors' like Gardner or Speakman)

he looks like a budget Jay Stansfield, same height, a year younger, has the stamina, work rate and aggression to press all day, also the pace and finishing to score plenty...

hopefully we'll also be bringing in a striker with some height (not counting Jukey) who this kid could play off

its a big yes from me
14:00, Thu 23 May
montypenguin
Nah, I'm asking a genuine question Dan, whose running the show at the moment. It's not a criticism.

There is restructuring going on which makes that a hard question to answer.
14:00, Thu 23 May
HackneyBlue
Jota95
Alot of mk fans saying he's off to us 20 year old 38 games 16 goals

are you referring to this tweet - [x.com]

Looking down his timeline it looks like he's another youngster making shit up
Happy Clapper
14:01, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
montypenguin

Don’t sign strikers moan

Signing striker moan

🤦‍♂️😂

No, it’s more take a bit of Twitter gossip and assume it’s gospel truth and then moaning about what it could mean which gets my goat.

This summer is going to be horrific for people jumping to conclusions.
14:02, Thu 23 May
Assuming this isn't just some berk making stuff up it's interesting. I think Mowbray said the scouting team and hierarchy identify players and whilst he doesn't have much input he has some. Maybe they know who new gaffer is and are running stuff by him or the they're signing players they've already identified and the new bloke will have to buy into it
14:04, Thu 23 May
El Mayor
montypenguin
Nah, I'm asking a genuine question Dan, whose running the show at the moment. It's not a criticism.

OK, it's encouraging that we're in for players like this, my assumption (clearly wrong) was that we would be missing out on targets like this until we had a new manager, that's clearly not the case.
14:04, Thu 23 May
El Mayor
TaylorJay84
El Mayor
montypenguin

Don’t sign strikers moan

Signing striker moan

🤦‍♂️😂

No, it’s more take a bit of Twitter gossip and assume it’s gospel truth and then moaning about what it could mean which gets my goat.

This summer is going to be horrific for people jumping to conclusions.

Going to be lots of this with the amount of players we will be looking at.

Strap in 😂
14:05, Thu 23 May
Tilton shark
Now I know I'm old fashioned but should we not be getting the new manager in place first before we get in players he does or not want.

I thought this was the modern way. DOF and a coach rather than a manager in the old fashioned sense.

I was led to believe Eustace had little say last summer on signings. Presume Mowbray insisted on more involvement. As it should be.
HackneyBlue
Jota95
Alot of mk fans saying he's off to us 20 year old 38 games 16 goals

are you referring to this tweet - [x.com]
Its BS, and there aren’t any other links.
montypenguin
El Mayor
montypenguin

OK, it's encouraging that we're in for players like this, my assumption (clearly wrong) was that we would be missing out on targets like this until we had a new manager, that's clearly not the case.

You don’t know that we are though, it could be made up for all you know. Which was kinda my point.
14:06, Thu 23 May
Think away fella...
14:06, Thu 23 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Assuming this isn't just some berk making stuff up it's interesting. I think Mowbray said the scouting team and hierarchy identify players and whilst he doesn't have much input he has some. Maybe they know who new gaffer is and are running stuff by him or the they're signing players they've already identified and the new bloke will have to buy into it

We're also a head of recruitment down currently but I'd assume the process just runs on without them, with people covering. Similar to how other jobs work - you don't just down tools and wait until a new person is appointed if someone leaves.

Perhaps Venus is representing the coaching side of it?
14:07, Thu 23 May
The Tweet is obviously BS but I expect he's be a player we've had a look at. Good age, scored plenty of goals in the league below, will command a fairly low wage and we'll be able to outbid most of the other teams who are after him.