ephidor
Sorry where has this Steve Cooper link come from ?

It hasn't. Idle rumour.

Not even a rumour. Just some berk amusing himself with a bit of wishful thinking
KC
11:08, Fri 24 May
Le Mod
I think Gardner is on board with anything that keeps him in a job. A self-preservationist

Similarity with Tom Ross. Perhaps they are related.
11:09, Fri 24 May
KC
No brainer between them
11:10, Fri 24 May
KC
I just think the Americans sexed it up that much he couldn’t help but be on board with Rooney.
11:12, Fri 24 May
Clapton
I just think the Americans sexed it up that much he couldn’t help but be on board with Rooney.

It's his job as the football expert to tell them it was a terrible idea, if he thought that and didn't act, it's not good enough, if he didn't think that and was easily swayed by Non-Football people then it's equally not good enough.

He's done a lot of good, but ultimately he is responsible for the football operation and he's lucky he's still in the job, a job I don't think he'd have got at any other club in the 92.
Happy Clapper
11:23, Fri 24 May
Le Mod
Clapton

It's his job as the football expert to tell them it was a terrible idea, if he thought that and didn't act, it's not good enough, if he didn't think that and was easily swayed by Non-Football people then it's equally not good enough.

He's done a lot of good, but ultimately he is responsible for the football operation and he's lucky he's still in the job, a job I don't think he'd have got at any other club in the 92.

100% this. Gardner has to realise he is being trusted as the "football man" at the club, he has to be advising them on footballing matters and not being swayed by them because he is their "expert".

Obviously we don't know who said what etc so it's just conjecture but he has to be strong in his opinion on footballing matters.
11:33, Fri 24 May
Pure guesswork, but whatever role he played in facilitating the takeover (and Wagner specifically praised him for that) has probably put him in big credit with the board - however, he doesn't get it bang on this summer, he'll rightly get the big E.
Up the feckin Blues
Should be in some sort of ambassadorial role like Dale

Not running the show
11:40, Fri 24 May
It feels to me like Rooney was a Cook appointment though. I'm not sure how much say Gardner had in it. As you say, Gardner is the expert and he should make his opinion known strongly but we don't know that he didn't. The appointment of Mowbray was spot on, the appointment of Eustace was good at the time... It's not like every decision has been poor.

Either way, Gardner is going to be heavily involved in the manager decision now and as was mentioned earlier in the thread, there are no excuses about lack of resources when it comes to players this year. If he effs things up this year and we end up with an awful manager or no strikers, he'll be gone.
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I want Margot Robbie but it ain't gonna happen.

Reported for misusing Mayors tired old joke

ironic
12:40, Fri 24 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
ephidor

It hasn't. Idle rumour.

Not even a rumour. Just some berk amusing himself with a bit of wishful thinking

Wishful thinking is fine but I'm not sure its worthy of a 5 page thread, whilst we are on the subject I will have a date with Madonna, a lottery win this weekend, a servant for 10 days to do my weekly tasks and a never emptying tub of pringles.
12:43, Fri 24 May
I doubt he's really got too much say in things. I used to see him going into a transport cafe most days after training when he was playing for us so I've never considered him one to take work things too seriously. Maybe he's matured but I just picture him making paper planes while the grown-ups discuss business.
15:21, Fri 24 May
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
ephidor

It hasn't. Idle rumour.

Wishful thinking is fine but I'm not sure its worthy of a 5 page thread, whilst we are on the subject I will have a date with Madonna, a lottery win this weekend, a servant for 10 days to do my weekly tasks and a never emptying tub of pringles.

Makes me laugh when people complain about the length of a thread whilst contributing to it.
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I want Margot Robbie but it ain't gonna happen.

Reported for misusing Mayors tired old joke

ironic

Reported