A position we’re already short in but the club know that and I trust we’ll be adequately stocked there once the window has closed.

Would he be a good defender in league 1? Yes, but I won’t be sad to see the back of Sanderson. He’s 24 years old, we are not taking about a kid anymore. He’s played a good amount of seasons in men’s football yet still shows no signs of growing up.

Maybe a move away from the area will be what he needs and if he does leave I hope he knuckles down. I think it’ll be a good move for both Blues and the player.
15:59, Wed 10 Jul
mjd2505
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
This is all well and good but we already need at least another 8 players. Can’t let more leave without lots coming in, especially at Cebtre half and in midfield.

There was a rumour of a swap deal involving Goldson, but I have zero idea of veracity on that one

I was actually going to comment "maybe a swap deal for Goldson" but I thought it was too unrealistic.

If we did manage that and probably pay Rangers a fee on top of it, I think that'd be a fantastic bit of business from us.

I don't think we should pay them to take a 24 year old they want in exchange for a 31 year old they don't want.
Even with all that has happened, Sanderson is more than good enough for League One, I would prefer we only sell him if we get a long term upgrade in to replace him.
16:02, Wed 10 Jul
I agree on this, also would mean we would need another centre back or two as cover/competition for the new defender and Bielik should he be starting at centre back
16:06, Wed 10 Jul
As an aside I’d take Semi Ajayi over Goldson all day
Tony Fantastico
16:07, Wed 10 Jul
Now that would be a good signing.
16:10, Wed 10 Jul
get him gone before we play them
16:15, Wed 10 Jul
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
This is all well and good but we already need at least another 8 players. Can’t let more leave without lots coming in, especially at Cebtre half and in midfield.

There was a rumour of a swap deal involving Goldson, but I have zero idea of veracity on that one

I don’t really get why we’d swap a 24 year old for a 31 year old on massive wages. I haven’t written Sanderson off as I still think there’s a player in there.
16:30, Wed 10 Jul
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

I don’t really get why we’d swap a 24 year old for a 31 year old on massive wages. I haven’t written Sanderson off as I still think there’s a player in there.

I get the impression Sanderson might not be flavour of the month at St Andrews after the tail end of last season - but again, can’t say that for certain.
16:36, Wed 10 Jul
mjd2505
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

I was actually going to comment "maybe a swap deal for Goldson" but I thought it was too unrealistic.

If we did manage that and probably pay Rangers a fee on top of it, I think that'd be a fantastic bit of business from us.

Pay rangers a fee on top off it! I’m so glad you’re not in charge off our transfer budget. Let’s swap a 24 year old cb who’s got experience playing in league 1 for a 31 year old cb but also give you money on top

Only reason dion should be leaving us is for more then we paid for him and bid is too big to turn down.

We have 1 centre back on the books and the season starts in 4 weeks time with pre season games due to get under way Saturday, planning huge changes to playing style we need to keep as many as we can especially ones who are half decent on the ball too
16:39, Wed 10 Jul
Spike
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

"Oh noes - we haven't got enough players, let's hurry up and sign loads...but at the same time let's get rid of him - and him - and him - and him - and him..."

Cognitive dissonance, otherwise known as a normal day on SHA.

Because we can't just keep hold of players because we are currently short in that area. Equally as supporters we should be expecting quite a wave of new signings sooner rather than later. If we don't recruit significantly we wont go up.

It is hardly surprising that fans are not exactly big promoters of the playing staff who were so woeful last season and chunks of the year before. Sanderson will be relatively OK in league 1 but he isn't good enough in the championship, certainly not in a team that we want to be pushing for higher positions. We are building a team for 2025-26 even if that sounds arrogant.

Also without going over old ground Sanderson's behaviour off the pitch doesn't mirror what we should expect as a club.
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
So you happily say “cheerio” to a very good player and leave us with ZERO centre backs 🤣🤣
We already need to sign 8 - 10 more players and if anyone else leaves we have to replace them too. There’s less than a month to kick off. Sanderson is a very good CB who would dominate league One like he did with Sunderland a few years ago- we already need to sign 3 new ones. Definitely keep.

I've been putting my faith in the owners and CD up to now - and still do - but it's not good trying to build a promotion winning squad whilst having so many players rumoured to be off. I'm going to keep putting my fingers in my ears going la-la-la and hope we start settling down now.
Up the feckin Blues
16:52, Wed 10 Jul
Hopefully the rumours saying theyre leaving are as unfounded as the ones saying that we’re signing players we’re clearly not.

I’m not a big fan of Sanderson for reasons that have already been discussed at length, but right now we can’t really afford to get rid of him. Bielik is technically down as a midfielder, so I believe Sanderson is the only centre back we’ve got atm, not counting youth players.

He’ll do a job in league 1 as well, as long as he aren’t captain.
16:53, Wed 10 Jul
GBBlue
Spike
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

"Oh noes - we haven't got enough players, let's hurry up and sign loads...but at the same time let's get rid of him - and him - and him - and him - and him..."

Cognitive dissonance, otherwise known as a normal day on SHA.

Because we can't just keep hold of players because we are currently short in that area. Equally as supporters we should be expecting quite a wave of new signings sooner rather than later. If we don't recruit significantly we wont go up.

It is hardly surprising that fans are not exactly big promoters of the playing staff who were so woeful last season and chunks of the year before. Sanderson will be relatively OK in league 1 but he isn't good enough in the championship, certainly not in a team that we want to be pushing for higher positions. We are building a team for 2025-26 even if that sounds arrogant.

Also without going over old ground Sanderson's behaviour off the pitch doesn't mirror what we should expect as a club.

Not got a problem with selling Sanderson but if we swap him for Goldson it isn't exactly planning for 25/26 if he will be 33 that season. I would prefer we got some more defenders in then shift Sanderson in Jan once we know where we are at if he is still not fancied.
16:59, Wed 10 Jul
Hopefully the rumours saying theyre leaving are as unfounded as the ones saying that we’re signing players we’re clearly not.

I’m not a big fan of Sanderson for reasons that have already been discussed at length, but right now we can’t really afford to get rid of him. Bielik is technically down as a midfielder, so I believe Sanderson is the only centre back we’ve got atm, not counting youth players.

He’ll do a job in league 1 as well, as long as he aren’t captain.

we absolutely can afford to get rid of him

season doesnt start for a month

get him gone and sign someone better in the next couple of weeks, then get them bedded in

they have targets, just need to trust their recruitment process
17:01, Wed 10 Jul
Nooooo, unless he's a real problem off the field we must keep him. Outstanding alongside Trusty and would be one of the best in league one. If its off the field issues then OK, but he needs replacing urgently.
If I had the wings of a sparrow