17:06, Wed 10 Jul
I don’t doubt we’ve got targets, and I’m trusting the recruitment process. But I don’t think it’d be great selling him now when we’ve got no centre backs, especially for what is an important pre season.

We need a minimum of 2 centre backs already, possibly 3 if Davies wants to play 3 at the back, and that’s before binning Sanderson as well.

If we’d stayed up then I’d be saying get rid by all means, but he’s decent enough for league 1.
17:08, Wed 10 Jul
Hope he isn’t driving himself there.
17:10, Wed 10 Jul
TresorLuntala
Hope he isn’t driving himself there.
😂 unlikely mate
If I had the wings of a sparrow
17:19, Wed 10 Jul
Mickbcfc
mjd2505
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
This is all well and good but we already need at least another 8 players. Can’t let more leave without lots coming in, especially at Cebtre half and in midfield.

There was a rumour of a swap deal involving Goldson, but I have zero idea of veracity on that one

I was actually going to comment "maybe a swap deal for Goldson" but I thought it was too unrealistic.

If we did manage that and probably pay Rangers a fee on top of it, I think that'd be a fantastic bit of business from us.

Pay rangers a fee on top off it! I’m so glad you’re not in charge off our transfer budget. Let’s swap a 24 year old cb who’s got experience playing in league 1 for a 31 year old cb but also give you money on top

Only reason dion should be leaving us is for more then we paid for him and bid is too big to turn down.

We have 1 centre back on the books and the season starts in 4 weeks time with pre season games due to get under way Saturday, planning huge changes to playing style we need to keep as many as we can especially ones who are half decent on the ball too

Just to clarify, I don't mean a big fee, and I only added that part in due to the rumours that he might be off to Saudi, meaning we might have to add a fee to make that deal happen.

Obviously, I don't want to pay big money for an older CB, and if that were the rumour then I'd be against it. But I don't think there's much doubt in my mind Goldson would be an upgrade on Sanderson.

Dion's in a bit of a weird place. We still don't know the extent of his drink driving, whether it was a case of he had a couple the night before and drove when still over the limit the next day or whether he got hammered and tried to drive home (I think there's a clear difference between the two). If it was the former, I've no issues in keeping him around and I'd be much less in favour of this deal. If it was the latter, it was so unprofessional especially given the circumstances we were in at the time and the fact he was club captain. I've not seen anybody else sniffing around Sanderson that gives me hope we might just be able to offload him. I don't particularly want someone that unprofessional playing for us this season, even though I will support him every time he pulls on our shirt.

I don't want to start a pile on to Sanderson, he's still a bloke who made a mistake. But if we have an opportunity to offload him and bring in a better centre back in the same deal, why wouldn't we explore it? Sanderson's not a kid, he's 24. He's not going to improve massively and I think he's limited.

Yet that still doesn't mean I'd let Rangers write whatever figures they want and sign it off. Obviously has to be a sensible deal. Player side too.
17:29, Wed 10 Jul
A swap deal for a 31 year old is short sighted even by SHA standards.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
17:34, Wed 10 Jul
Forget the off-field issues, for me it is the quality of his on field performances that have been of concern since he first came on loan.

Poor decision making and reading of the game that initially I was prepared to accept due to his relatively shortage of experience.

However, despite now being 24 and having played many games there has been no appreciable improvement.

And to those who suggest that he would be OK in League 1 I would remind them of the stated aim of building a team for the Championship.
17:37, Wed 10 Jul
Dirty Bertie
Forget the off-field issues, for me it is the quality of his on field performances that have been of concern since he first came on loan.

Poor decision making and reading of the game that initially I was prepared to accept due to his relatively shortage of experience.

However, despite now being 24 and having played many games there has been no appreciable improvement.

And to those who suggest that he would be OK in League 1 I would remind them of the stated aim of building a team for the Championship.

Unless they are in the process of replacing him though, he'd be perfectly fine to start the season with. We are chronically short, let's not throw the bab out with the bathwater until we can do so comfortably.
Up the feckin Blues
17:53, Wed 10 Jul
BluSabre
I wouldn't be swapping a 24 year old for a 31 year old.

Agreed
17:59, Wed 10 Jul
Dirty Bertie

Got to get back to the championship before we start building to get out of it at the right end this time.

He's contracted to us, he's the right sort of age, and with a decent manager will almost certainly be good enough for L1
The cold never bothered me anyway
18:06, Wed 10 Jul
Rasputin
Dirty Bertie

Got to get back to the championship before we start building to get out of it at the right end this time.

He's contracted to us, he's the right sort of age, and with a decent manager will almost certainly be good enough for L1

With the right kind of manager he showed he was perfectly good enough for the Championship, never mind League 1.

Those proposing a swap for Goldson are mad.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:06, Wed 10 Jul
Rasputin
Dirty Bertie

Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest that he would be good enough for a team hoping to challenge for promotion from L1.
18:07, Wed 10 Jul
Nikola Zigic- FEA
A swap deal for a 31 year old is short sighted even by SHA standards.

I get that view, but for me you're swapping a player who isn't going to get much better at 24 with a better player who's experienced at a much higher level, and doesn't have the baggage of the younger player.

Doing this deal and then completing deals for another 2-3 younger, more upcoming centre backs for me gives you a good balance. Again, depending on the terms of that deal. Sanderson would be decent at CB for this level, Bielik and Goldson together would be a monster partnership. Just my opinion.

We can't just sign for the future, and I don't think the club think that way either by signing Allsop and May. We've got to get out of this league first.

Anyway. It's a tenuous link at best at the minute so odds are nothing will come of it, and we'll go sign some unknown 25 year old from the Netherlands that's going to smash it.
18:13, Wed 10 Jul
Sanderson has to go. Not because of the drink driving as we all do that but because of his fake foot injury under Rooney and his general can’t be arsed attitude.
18:30, Wed 10 Jul
Hope he goes tbh
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
18:34, Wed 10 Jul
mjd2505
El Mayor
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
This is all well and good but we already need at least another 8 players. Can’t let more leave without lots coming in, especially at Cebtre half and in midfield.

There was a rumour of a swap deal involving Goldson, but I have zero idea of veracity on that one

I was actually going to comment "maybe a swap deal for Goldson" but I thought it was too unrealistic.

If we did manage that and probably pay Rangers a fee on top of it, I think that'd be a fantastic bit of business from us.
Eff that. If there was a swap deal it should be rangers paying us a fee on top. Tbh I’d rather keep Sanderson he’s only 24 and think he could redeem himself.