14:01, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Jameron Cerome
We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re playing for a goalless draw at home against fellow strugglers

If we were 6th and we had drawn 0-0 against 8th in the league, we would be congratulating a good point.

Get your arse out your hands and stop spreading misinformation about them being "strugglers"
Only adding to the panic and vitriol around the club, something I thought you of all people were above.

Yeah read the thread where I said I was ill I got it wrong and edited it first mate ;)

Sorry mate, I hadn't seen that you had addressed it.
The edit hasn't gone through if you have edited the article to fix the above quote nonetheless.
14:02, Sat 30 Dec
Dan, do you think Blues might think about hiring a "wise head" to help Rooney out? Or is that a non-starter.
14:03, Sat 30 Dec
almajir.net
Its pretty easy to say its not been a great Christmas for Wayne Rooney or Birmingham City. Three games seen as winnable have resulted in just two points gained and barring 20 minutes against Plymouth the performances have been distinctly poor. With Blues now lying 20th in the Championship table seve

[almajir.net]

Not exclusive to Dan, but all of the invitees to the Open House who were instructed to go away and tell everyone how great it was should really reflect on whether they are using their platform correctly, and whether the admittedly sleek Open House format - selfies with Rooney et al - clouded their ability to critically assess the club. It was less than a month ago that people were gushing about Rooney's powerpoint presentation
14:03, Sat 30 Dec
Jameron Cerome
El Mayor
Jameron Cerome
We shouldn’t be in a position where we’re playing for a goalless draw at home against fellow strugglers

If we were 6th and we had drawn 0-0 against 8th in the league, we would be congratulating a good point.

Get your arse out your hands and stop spreading misinformation about them being "strugglers"
Only adding to the panic and vitriol around the club, something I thought you of all people were above.

Yeah read the thread where I said I was ill I got it wrong and edited it first mate ;)

Sorry mate, I hadn't seen that you had addressed it.
The edit hasn't gone through if you have edited the article to fix the above quote nonetheless.

I think you got a cached version; it has changed for me but it's possible you got the old one. Sorry about that, not much I can do.
14:06, Sat 30 Dec
Iain_Gavin
almajir.net
Its pretty easy to say its not been a great Christmas for Wayne Rooney or Birmingham City. Three games seen as winnable have resulted in just two points gained and barring 20 minutes against Plymouth the performances have been distinctly poor. With Blues now lying 20th in the Championship table seve

[almajir.net]

Not exclusive to Dan, but all of the invitees to the Open House who were instructed to go away and tell everyone how great it was should really reflect on whether they are using their platform correctly, and whether the admittedly sleek Open House format - selfies with Rooney et al - clouded their ability to critically assess the club. It was less than a month ago that people were gushing about Rooney's powerpoint presentation

With all due respect mate, you're so wrong it effing hurts.

I spent three hours on the Fat Lads Podcast criticising it; so much so I got shit from people who said I was ungrateful. I also was critical in my own pieces about it on my website.

As I said on Twitter, Football is a game of belief. You watch video of training and explanation of what they're trying to achieve, you can understand it better. The problem seems to be the players can't or won't do what he wants - and this is why change is needed.

I get you have beef with Cook, and you have this impression it was acolytes only. It's not true though - your bias is blinding you to reality.

FWIW, DM me your details and I'll do what I can to get you invited next time, maybe you can be critical to their faces. Seriously.
14:08, Sat 30 Dec
They 100% played like real strugglers. Must be another team in a “false position”
They still should have scored the 2 goals our defending gifted them, and therefore won, but they were exceptionally poor.
Can’t be bothered thinking properly about it, but, off the top of my head there isn’t one of their players that stood out, and I would want for us
14:12, Sat 30 Dec
Iain_Gavin
almajir.net

[almajir.net]

One guy from FLGIG who went, who, having met him, is really sound, does have this really mad blind spot about Rooney. Blaming the players virtually exclusively.

I just don't see how anyone can arrive at that conclusion but respect the right to have an opinion.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:15, Sat 30 Dec
It's a matter of when not if now.
14:16, Sat 30 Dec
Agreed. Though I think before Stoke he had managed to gain quite a bit of credit.

He's destroyed it in two games.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
14:17, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin
almajir.net

[almajir.net]

With all due respect mate, you're so wrong it effing hurts.

I spent three hours on the Fat Lads Podcast criticising it; so much so I got shit from people who said I was ungrateful. I also was critical in my own pieces about it on my website.

As I said on Twitter, Football is a game of belief. You watch video of training and explanation of what they're trying to achieve, you can understand it better. The problem seems to be the players can't or won't do what he wants - and this is why change is needed.

I get you have beef with Cook, and you have this impression it was acolytes only. It's not true though - your bias is blinding you to reality.

FWIW, DM me your details and I'll do what I can to get you invited next time, maybe you can be critical to their faces. Seriously.

I have no beef with Cook - I don't know him. I hate sports washing - he's been a big part of Abu Dhabi and Saudi sports washing - the 115 charges at Manchester City - some really serious, have him implicated. The stuff to Nedum Onohua's mother suggests he's not a pleasant person - I said all of this pre-the sacking of Eustace BTW. I've also commented that he's doing a great job as CEO outside of his installation of his mate.

I also re-read your review of the Open House - you flag up some of my concerns - Cook's attempt to install a seige mentality and accept you aren't subscribed to that - you're also clearly not someone who was starry eyed about Rooney so rather than saying "not exclusive to Dan" I should have said "not including Dan" - but it's undeniable to me looking at Twitter and other places that some of those asked to attend have taken Cook's request for a seige mentality, and "to not fire arrows at ourselves" to a silly degree
14:27, Sat 30 Dec
Iain_Gavin
I have no beef with Cook - I don't know him. I hate sports washing - he's been a big part of Abu Dhabi and Saudi sports washing - the 115 charges at Manchester City - some really serious, have him implicated. The stuff to Nedum Onohua's mother suggests he's not a pleasant person - I said all of this pre-the sacking of Eustace BTW. I've also commented that he's doing a great job as CEO outside of his installation of his mate.

I also re-read your review of the Open House - you flag up some of my concerns - Cook's attempt to install a seige mentality and accept you aren't subscribed to that - you're also clearly not someone who was starry eyed about Rooney so rather than saying "not exclusive to Dan" I should have said "not including Dan" - but it's undeniable to me looking at Twitter and other places that some of those asked to attend have taken Cook's request for a seige mentality, and "to not fire arrows at ourselves" to a silly degree

That's all fair.

I will admit I'm not a fan of Cook. His style of man-management is to butter people up, to make them feel bigger; however, I can't stand that and I struggle with it when Cook tried to be all nicey-nicey with me at the Open House.

I'll also say that it's why it's so important we get some naysayers at that event. I was asked (as were others I believe) before the last one for some ideas of people to attend and I did try to think of people who wouldn't be starry eyed. I'm genuinely serious about nominating you.
14:52, Sat 30 Dec
You slated Eustace for setting us up to draw games many a time. By rights you should call Rooney out for doing the same.
Yes and I’m furious about it now aswell.
15:27, Sat 30 Dec
Bluubalders
They 100% played like real strugglers. Must be another team in a “false position”
They still should have scored the 2 goals our defending gifted them, and therefore won, but they were exceptionally poor.
Can’t be bothered thinking properly about it, but, off the top of my head there isn’t one of their players that stood out, and I would want for us

72 hours earlier they'd travelled to Watford and won 4-1 having beaten Hull 3-2 at home four days before that. They then had to travel to Blues for their third game in 10 days. They're far better than the side we saw last night.

The only mitigating factor I had for the Stoke performance/result was that perhaps it was the inevitable result of having to travel to Plymouth and back, plus play for 40+ minutes with 10 men having lost another key player (Buchanan) to a freak injury shortly after kick-off. Clearly our problems are far bigger than that, but perhaps it's another indication of Rooney's unsuitability for this job (despite my desperately wanting him to prove himself) that he couldn't see that Bristol City were a team playing on empty after two big big performances (the likes he can only dream of). He should have spied an opportunity, however timid we'd been in the first half, to have a real go at them after half time.
El Mayor
Iain_Gavin

That's all fair.

I will admit I'm not a fan of Cook. His style of man-management is to butter people up, to make them feel bigger; however, I can't stand that and I struggle with it when Cook tried to be all nicey-nicey with me at the Open House.

I'll also say that it's why it's so important we get some naysayers at that event. I was asked (as were others I believe) before the last one for some ideas of people to attend and I did try to think of people who wouldn't be starry eyed. I'm genuinely serious about nominating you.

That's a good shout! I happen to like what Iain writes on here. He shows passion. I like that. I hope he gets an invite. I hope he gets to ask some questions (if invited).
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
Good shout El Mayor, should be a completely different group to 'challenge' them.