19:01, Sat 30 Dec
It's not an alternative view, he's justt saying what the majority of posters are saying, and repeating himself, via the scenic route

Hysterically.
19:02, Sat 30 Dec
Mike1950
Stick at it, I don’t necessarily agree with your view however your input is an alternative view, considered, not hysterical. You are more than entitled to them

He’s absolutely entitled to them - in the same way I’m entitled to note he’s a bit overly verbose. :)
19:04, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
TresorLuntala
Rab C Nesbitt
Nat has dropped a rumour bomb
[x.com]

He only posts for attention, he hasnt a clue, he will just be buzzing that he has some likes.
In fairness I don’t see him making up rumours like that

i won't get excited till gif man has one of a tree, a man in green tights and a dragon
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:08, Sat 30 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Rab C Nesbitt
TresorLuntala
Rab C Nesbitt
[x.com]

He only posts for attention, he hasnt a clue, he will just be buzzing that he has some likes.

i won't get excited till gif man has one of a tree, a man in green tights and a dragon
Sounds like David Cotterill
Tony Fantastico
19:11, Sat 30 Dec
Agreed :)
19:14, Sat 30 Dec
Giff man wil post a Photo of plug out the Beanno for Cooper..
19:39, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
TresorLuntala
Rab C Nesbitt
[x.com]

Neither do I. Also in the replies he’s quick to say it’s nothing like a done deal, just enquiries. Makes me more inclined to believe him.

Somebody has contradicted what Nat said by saying Blues have no interest in Cooper.
19:41, Sat 30 Dec
The board are v professional…

Like with Eustace they won’t move or do anything until they have agreed a deal with the new manager.

Hopefully they are negotiating with Cooper. (Would love Potter but think that is the next phase of the journey 😁)
19:42, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
TresorLuntala
Rab C Nesbitt
[x.com]

Neither do I. Also in the replies he’s quick to say it’s nothing like a done deal, just enquiries. Makes me more inclined to believe him.

I just don't see us getting Cooper.

It's good for us to enquire but this feels like the gold and sullivan leeks to get us on side.

But if it means the end of Rooney I'm happy, I like the above article haven't seen enough from him or his staff to turn it around. Think he made some very wrong appointments with his backroom staff if I'm to be totally honest.
20:21, Sat 30 Dec
WR Blue
El Mayor
If your trust is low in them for this, how have you functioned as a blues fan for the last twelve years?

This is nothing - nepotism is absolutely rife in football and Blues have been part of that consistently for years. It’s just a thing - people appoint people they know cos they can trust them.

It's been difficult! But previous owners kept themselves at a distance. These owners and their CEO have presented themselves as being different - being the solution to the problems we have had. They have brought up and acknowledged the difficulties of the past decade and used it as an example of what they weren't going to do and promised that they would do things differently. They have made a specific point of stating that they are reaching out to connect with fans, that they are listening, that they care about the club like we do. They go so far as making the point that 'it takes more than words' and other things like that.

It's not the nepotism itself that rankles, it's the blatant lying and treating fans as if we're only worthy of being fed BS. It's the making of terrible decisions just after promising to do the exact opposite. I wouldn't care about nepotism if Cook's mate was a fantastic manager of the type of quality they had promised to bring in. I don't care about nepotism now, but I care that they promised world class and delivered Rooney. They lied and cannot be trusted anymore and in the process have taken the club backwards after promising the opposite.

Imagine if you found a new partner and they were rubbish. Then alternatively - imagine a new partner found you, knowing that your previous partners were abusive (you were a distressed asset). They sympathised with you and promised to make it up to you by being the opposite of your previous. Then they started being dishonest and made decisions which set you back a long way. It's not the same is it? The latter is worse because the person sought a vulnerable target and manipulated them. It's not a perfect analogy but I hope you get the point - they know what they are doing here and they are treating us like fools while speaking with forked tongues.

I reckon it's time for some supportive booing - what say you?
Up the feckin Blues
20:41, Sat 30 Dec
Bluesince62
WR Blue
El Mayor
If your trust is low in them for this, how have you functioned as a blues fan for the last twelve years?

This is nothing - nepotism is absolutely rife in football and Blues have been part of that consistently for years. It’s just a thing - people appoint people they know cos they can trust them.

It's been difficult! But previous owners kept themselves at a distance. These owners and their CEO have presented themselves as being different - being the solution to the problems we have had. They have brought up and acknowledged the difficulties of the past decade and used it as an example of what they weren't going to do and promised that they would do things differently. They have made a specific point of stating that they are reaching out to connect with fans, that they are listening, that they care about the club like we do. They go so far as making the point that 'it takes more than words' and other things like that.

It's not the nepotism itself that rankles, it's the blatant lying and treating fans as if we're only worthy of being fed BS. It's the making of terrible decisions just after promising to do the exact opposite. I wouldn't care about nepotism if Cook's mate was a fantastic manager of the type of quality they had promised to bring in. I don't care about nepotism now, but I care that they promised world class and delivered Rooney. They lied and cannot be trusted anymore and in the process have taken the club backwards after promising the opposite.

Imagine if you found a new partner and they were rubbish. Then alternatively - imagine a new partner found you, knowing that your previous partners were abusive (you were a distressed asset). They sympathised with you and promised to make it up to you by being the opposite of your previous. Then they started being dishonest and made decisions which set you back a long way. It's not the same is it? The latter is worse because the person sought a vulnerable target and manipulated them. It's not a perfect analogy but I hope you get the point - they know what they are doing here and they are treating us like fools while speaking with forked tongues.

I reckon it's time for some supportive booing - what say you?

Hang on BS62 ....... let the poster WR get a word in edgeways .........oh !!!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
21:09, Sat 30 Dec
WR Blue
Haircut1000
They obviously thought Rooney would be a world beater and he isn't.

They chose to promise 'world class professionals in every position', after sacking Eustace and on the verge of announcing Rooney, while thinking he 'would be a world beater' despite not bothering to interview him? Maybe liars was a bit OTT then and instead I should have said completely incompetent and amateurish?

I was going to defend you and say that, to be fair, they did say mediocrity wouldn’t be tolerated.

However, in fairness to them, we haven’t been mediocre. We’ve been utterly garbage since they took the reins.
So, technically, no lies my friend.
21:50, Sat 30 Dec
Quality as ever Dan.

Think you are right, time for him to go now. Hopefully sooner rather than later, get him gone after NYD and give the new gaffer some time with the team before Swansea.
22:00, Sat 30 Dec
BOOOOOOOOO!
00:07, Sun 31 Dec
This might be one of my favourite threads.

Love it. I also love that we are all arguing about such little things, beautiful.

I don’t know what the answer is but bickering on a forum isn’t it. But I’ll get the Pringles out.

I think we all want the best for the club we love, and that’s great. The only issue I have is that we were all as one with the new owners and they’ve created what I feel is a Brexit style issue. There wasn’t an issue, someone’s made an issue and now everyone knows best and we’re all correct.

Load of tosh really, the owners will do what they want to do, the team will play as they play, the fans will watch and be happy/angry regardless.

The only thing that can be universally accepted is that the owners have done some good work on the infrastructure and match day experience. Grounds open and we can get hot water. Big step up. Everything else, meh.